Ban Hypewaders

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by hypewaders, Jun 1, 2004.

?

Should Hypewaders be banned?

1. Yes: Let Me explain

46.2%
  2. No.

53.8%
  3. I am in mental crisis over the decision.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

LOL.

I have been excrutiatingly specific about my reservations towards you hype. I think that failing to bring up those specifics here serves a general lack of animosity that I'd like to maintain. If you're actually interested in why you suck and remotely care about this detractor's perspective on the issue, google your way through the archives.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2004
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

Can I ask a quick question? Why all the 'ban me, myself and I' threads lately? Is it a way of seeing if you're popular and liked or otherwise? The fact that this one is a public viewed poll makes me think that it could be a popularity contest as the one who wants to see if he/she should be banned can then see who does want to ban them.

It's all kind of pointless don't you think? No offence hype, but why did you really start this thread? If you think someone has something against you, I'm sure they'll tell you or you could just ask them.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

It seems equivalent to the insecure lover's passive aggressive demand for attention:

*sob*

"YOU DON'T LOVE ME ANYMORE, DO YOU!?!?!?"

*sobs profusely*

*you continue trying to study or play a game, pause and ask*

"What are you talking about?"

*aghast sobbing*

"Oh NEVERMIND!"

*sobs and slams a door*

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

voted yes, reason being, starting yet another ban thread about one self and voting no to top it off, Here your ticket byebye.

p.s.
    it's a return ticket.

8. Bells Staff Member

LOL Wes... like sands through the hourglass.. and so are the days of our lives

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Classically done Wes..

I hadn't checked the poll results before but HAHAHAHAHA!!! Hype, when you start these threads about yourself, decorum would dictate that you don't vote in them yourself.

9. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

How come there are so many neurotic people here?
    Can the intelligent community show at least SOME little bit of intelligence?

10. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Intelligence and neuroticism are not mutually exclusive. The line between the two is always blurred.

11. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

Neuroticism and intelligence have little to do with each other. I want people to be less neurotic and smarter.
    I can't believe I voted! I didn't notice who started the thread! Please don't count my vote....

12. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Ohhhh so wrong. The biggest neuorotic cases are the smart ones...ones who think too much.

Example: Why did you vote not knowing who started the thread and now you're asking to please not count your vote because you can't believe you voted?

Neuroticism isn't limited to intellectuals but most intellectuals, more often than not, are weirdos in that way.

13. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

Just because I frantically call not to count my vote, does not mean I am intelligent and neurotic. I can be neurotic and obtuse.
    I didn't think too much when I voted, I just saw the thread and voted.

14. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

So far, the "mentally conflicted" choice is the most popular, but these individuals are repressed in voting honestly. And of course I can vote in my own damn poll, troll drolly in my poll. This was the miniscule point of this thread, and as my thread, which is mine, it may have a very small point. But it's part of my Doctoral Thesis in pathetic ghouls. Now stop posting unless you'll play by the rules and tell me why you don't love me, Wes.

15. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

OK, Ready for the big flush here.

16. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

You wait for a love letter from him? Nah. He only writes those for Tiassa, because Tiassa writes love novels

17. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

I voted yes if that counts for anything.

18. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

For whitewolf, a little love in Hype's direction. This single sentence perfectly illustrates why I find him basically useless.

I'll break it down:

Opinion stated as fact and completely unfounded. Zero supporting argument.

Wholly debatable since the US has taken an agressive role.

UTTER NONSENSE, in complete denial of the fact that the countries sovereignty is being returned to them this month. Further, US policy has not started shipping US citizens to colonize Iraq, nor have we claimed ownership of any of their resources.

The world can see what we do. Many of them support our actions. Today's media is can be manipulated, but not shut down - so of course the world can see something. Of course, hype's narrow-minded, dogmatic position doesn't allow him to account for distortion in the media unless it strengthens, rather that diminishes his case.

of course the great master of dogma, hype himself is completely immune to the dangers his following complaints.

demonize the opposers. ad hominem? if they disagree, tell them they're blind. classic propaganda to fit the mode of basically every post i've ever seen with 'hypewaders' as author.

more of the same, this time putting his brand of reality above all others. IMO, calling something 'unjustifiable' is basically saying "i don't understand the decision and don't approve of it, so it must be wrong." fallacy anyone? of course since those who oppose him are unjustifiable and sufficiently blind hype is off the hook. he doesn't have to bother trying to understand how opposing opinions are subjectively justified because they are stupid and blind and unworthy of his effort. yes it's an easy road for hype.

of course it's everyone's hubris but his own.

LOL. Who is complacent here? Seems to me by demonizing and alienating the opposition, you've become what you claim to loath.

that is RICH considering the context of the accusation. perhaps someone so dog-a-matic is indeed just a puppet for someone else, or for a 'canned world view' such that he is incapable of self-love. i still think though, that by the definition of calling opposing opinions 'blind' he has established an extremely self-centered, holier than thou attitude. i believe it shows through well with the tone of the sentence under scrutiny and the original message, in his first post on this page.

All of the self-involved, self-serving, rhetorical bullshit and then the conclusion above. I ask seriously: How do you rationally base this conclusion on the total shit used to reach it? IMO, the rational basis is that you are completely irrational. I dub thee asshat.

19. Spyke Registered Senior Member

First time I've ever voted 'yes' in a ban poll. But I figure hype must either be in a masoschistic mood, in which case I believe he should be indulged, or perhaps he's looking for affirmation from the board for his presence, in which case it would be sort of funny to see more 'yes' votes for banning (not that I particularly want him banned), or possibly he just wanted to see how many idiots he could drag into yet another stupid 'ban so and so' thread, in which case, I just bit.

20. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

Hype : You want attention?

21. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Actually, from anyone who supports the U.S. occupation of Iraq, why yes, I do. They're all scurrying around with their tails between their legs- Wes for example feigns indignance at my opinion, then dismisses it- and then oafishly psychoanalyzes it... all the while dancing around a statement I have made that he cannot confront in its substance. I was curious to compare his political debate with personal attack, and his post has satisfied. Draw your own conclusions, I'm not here to share mine on this one, this being my personal thread. Mine, I tell you. I trolled with a clear conscience (ever had one, Wes?) for as long as it lasted (please flush). All in all, it's been a mildly amusing thread, requiring little effort, and I recommend it highly when all inspiration fails. And if nothing else at all, it has been at least as useful as any other thread in this section.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.