Ban Me Please

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by sderenzi, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Bells,

See what I mean?
    Look at all the value judgments in your post.
    The simple concept I'm trying to get across is the simple opposite of fear. The state of not-fear.

The morality of the action. The intelligence of the action. The rightness of the action. Etc... Are all irrelevant to what I was trying to say.

I don't know about that. I stand by my statement that most of us have never killed because of fear of retribution and other societal consequences.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

Can I drink your blood?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The state of not fear is not courage, its fearlessness.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Do you realize that we've spent 9 pages listening to someone beg for a ban?

8. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

From the looks of it, he got his wish. The Pax Sciforumana is only expected to last another three days however.

9. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

All hail the power of cheese.

10. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

People who kill themselves are called cowards by some because they see them as avoiding the consequences of their past deeds. The murderer barricaded in a house who finally kills himself as the police storm in with tear gas: He does not want to go through a trial, see himself portrayed in the media as a monster, then be paraded through years of mandatory appeals before finally being killed by the government.

Suicide bombers are called cowards by some partially for this reason, that they prefer a quick death to a bureaucratic one. But also... they do want to not stick around and have to experience the results of their killings. The news photos of the weeping children or parents of their victims, the denunciation by their saner countrymen, the damnation by their saner co-religionists, their enemy's legislature for a fleeting moment giving serious consideration to dropping a nuclear bomb on their country's capital in retaliation.

Isn't this a good part of the opposition to euthanasia for the painfully terminally ill? These people are cowards who don't want to live through the suffering?

I don't understand Islam, but this is certainly a very retro-Christian attitude. God intended for you to suffer, how dare you deprive him of the evil satisfaction of watching you go through it? (Sorry, these days it's very difficult to contemplate the fantasy called God without finding him to be a despicable monster.)

11. draqon Banned Banned

Life isnt for suffering. People make out of life what it is. And there is no God, only us, who make our own lifes.

12. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I certainly agree with you. I'm suggesting that the people who object to assisted suicide don't agree with us.

13. Sandoz Girl Named Sandoz Registered Senior Member

God, this is even stupider than my intro thread.

14. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Can we make it 900 days this time?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.