Ban Proud Muslim?

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Rappaccini, May 17, 2004.

?

Ban Proud Muslim?

Poll closed May 31, 2004.
  1. Yes

48.8%
  2. No

51.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

This thread is not the place to rebut the specific content of PM's posts.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

sorry porfiry

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The Flemster Unstoppable sex machine Registered Senior Member

Erm... Hathor.
    Seeing as you've taken the time to trawl through my previous posts, I assume it must have passed you by that I have repeatedly said I'm ENGLISH, not American.
    And while I'm a huge believer in free speech, et al, I would still like to see most Muslims smouldering on a bonfire.
    Until then, let them rant away to their heart's content.
    If I'm allowed to spout my particular brand of racially-motivated hatred (and I have a very legitimate reason to detest Muslims, believe me) then so should Proud Muslim and his aliases.
    For all I care, him and his merry band of nutters can spend all day standing on a sand dune, barking at their precious moon and pissing on the American and English flags.
    It doesn't affect me directly.
    I just enjoy the chance to parry with him from time to time.
    After all, let's be honest: is any sane person on this site actually going to fall for anything he says?
    Of course not!
    So, if I seemed contradictory in my earlier posts (some of which I posted when there was too much blood in my alcohol) then I appologise.
    But let the bearded fool stay. It'd be boring without him!

The Flemster.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

"This thread is not the place to rebut the specific content of PM's posts."

porf told me to shut up, and i will, cya

8. weebee Registered Senior Member

So…let me get this right…people are arguing that a member should be banned, but not allowing his views to be prodded. If I’m going to vote for someone I want to question him….

9. Logically Unsound wwaassuupp and so on Registered Senior Member

PM PM then, dont let him post it, he causes enough trouble.

10. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

You can question him in any one of the numerous threads that are currently active.

:m: Peace.

11. weebee Registered Senior Member

ha but then I’d be off topic there if I cross referenced him...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Why not open a thread in About the Members, titled "Questions to Proud Muslim", I suppose he´ll answer them. He is not very restricted when he talks about himself.

13. Preacher_X Registered Senior Member

so what Brian Folley called you a fucking American. are u forgetting what ur job is, you are meant to STOP personal insults and not carry them on and inflame them. you are failing you job description.

as a moderator, if he calls you a fuckin American, then you should do your job and delete the post and then warn him and if needed ban him, and not swear back at an entire religion just becasue of this guy.

you said "fucking muslim" and "rag head" because Brian said "fucking American".

well you were intending to swear at brian i suppose, but you swore at me and 1.7 billion people. i had nothing to do with what Brian said so why swear at me? if a sciforums member did it, then who gives a fuck, no one cares, includin me, but your meant to be a moderator, so if your insulting all of these people your obviously biased.

i have noticed before that you delete loads of Muslim threads saying they are copied text etc. while you leave out all of the stuff against Islam that people just blatantly copy. also i noticed you constantly close down Muslim threads saying there is no point of disscussion when there cleary is and you leave out all of the other stupid therads with absolutely no meaning that are againt Islam. now this just proves it.

personally i think your a rubbish moderator. the only good one is probably James R, who seems unbiased. you are just a biased moron. i think having the power of a computer infront of you that enables you to control other peoples speech is getting to your computer nerd mind. maybe you get bullied outside of the computer world and so you need to get revenge on the internet. if so, there are people you can talk to you and i pray for you brother.

14. Preacher_X Registered Senior Member

yes true but me and PM have been trying to get this point out for a long time.

and your a hypocrite, i bet if you look deep enough in the archives we'll find loads of your posts in the forums that say the actions of a few and use them for ALL of Islam (maybe a Bin laden thread or the ill treatment of women in certain countries)

15. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

This is a regime run by benevelent dictators. If coffee chooses to indulge the individual in a language they understand, it is his goddamn perogative as a mod, or as a poster to do just that. If he wants to delete the post, he can. If not, he won't. Perhaps you should ensure an adequate comprehension of the role before preaching its responsibilities.

16. Preacher_X Registered Senior Member

yes, very true.

17. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

Thanks Preacher.

18. Hathor Banned Banned

what do you know, wes? do you think there is a consensus as to what mod duties are? can you contrast between a xev and a strider? a coffee and a jamesr?
    why dont you go solicit the views of jamesr and strider on that which you recommend as goddamn perogative - the right to act as an asshole!

i can understand if mods have vested interest in maintaining their turf. what however, is in it for you? perhaps you tremble in delight at the thought of a dictatorship.

thoughts?

19. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

After having seen this pointless argument enough times, one catches on.

I don't know strider as I don't post in his forum.

Yes, strong contrast. Style is quite different. James is more strict in general. I think actually they're both pretty good moderators. What about contrasting between Xev and Coffee?

because I'm unmotivated to do so. and i believe if you want to see someone who indulges in the "right to act like an asshole" and is also a mod, tiassa or xev are excellent examples.

I like coffee. Lots of cream, lots of sugar.

Oh, and CC was part of the collective. Oh, and it gets annoying seeing "you suck as a moderator" when it's someone I like and they don't suck as a moderator. I wouldn't mind if they were saying "you suck as a moderator" in a thread about "this dude sucks as a moderator", so I might not have made the comment under those circumstances, but then again, it is obvious that the person who made the comments in question doesn't really understand the role of a moderator on this site. Ultimately, they are to selectively enforce the rules as they see fit. If you don't like it, get them demodificated. I suppose you can bitch about it if you want, and I can bitch back at you if I feel like it eh? You know the routine right?

LOL. Yeah, that's it. Why do I need to do that when I've got my own cult?

Perhaps it's that I have respect for CC, and wish others to attempt to show the same?

Yes.

20. Hathor Banned Banned

links please?

and you can make this distinction because you are aware of them, correct? please share.

ahh, one set for the innies and another for the outties.
    sad but not entirely unexpected.

21. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Message to sciforums members:

Proud_Muslim has been banned for three days following repeated warnings from me about his posts on the topic of the holocaust.[/quote]

22. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

I have no motivation to lie, nor would I unless something life-threatening or something were at stake. I am telling you based on experience. If you don't care to take me at my word, so be it.

the forums are moderated at the discretion of the moderator. if porf doesn't like it he fires them. ask a mod or porf if you don't believe me.

IMO, that is a shallow, one-sided take on moderator discretion.

I might change my opinion if this were a political organization, or some governing power that could directly effect my welfare or that of my family. However, seeing as it's a message board, hosted by an individual at his own expense - I'd say we are all free to shove-off if we don't like it. The invitation has been extended to me privately (quite kindly actually) in that past.

23. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

When I mod I am non-bias, hell; I don't even post in the respective forums that I mod (Except Scifi). When I am a mod, on %15 of this website, I do my job without an ounce of bias in me. I post as a member in other sections, not as a mod. Hence right now, I'm not a mod. I go into Wolrd Events, I'm a mod. I go into religion, I'm not a mod. I go into Politics, I'm a mod. Got it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.