Ban Proud Muslim?

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Rappaccini, May 17, 2004.

?

Ban Proud Muslim?

Poll closed May 31, 2004.
  1. Yes

48.8%
  2. No

51.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Logically Unsound wwaassuupp and so on Registered Senior Member

ha, but im better than all of you cause i NEVER do it.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

ah cute...

Did you bother to check your own list?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

So what, there are people who have submitted many many many more useless posts than spurious.
    And at least the monkey is not spreading ranting propaganda threads everywhere he goes.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Logically Unsound wwaassuupp and so on Registered Senior Member

errrrrr.... nope.
    but i know it anyway.

8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Wait a sec. Maybe you should now click on see all threads that I created. I will give you a small selection from them. I must admit I weeded out the crap, but maybe you can wrap your giant brain around some of them and contribute something intelligent to them

Let us look at some of the threads I started then:

- Natural selection past the reproductive age
    -The emergence of New religions based upon popular culture
    -Can atheists really go to hell?
    -Is there any scientific merit to creationism?
    -Lamarck made a comeback
    -TELEVISION - the new opium of the people
    -Why tigers have stripes
    -Can working in a lab cause infertility?
    -Did segmentation in vertebrates and arthropods have a common origin?
    -Decline of the Fittest - trophy hunting
    -Penguins are Poop Shooters
    -Why are many rows of teeth formed in sharks and not in humans'
    -DNA Microarray - pitfalls and possibilities
    -couch potato
    -Evolution: time for some change?
    -Are children smarter than adults?
    -big brain and human evolution
    -Is regeneration in the brain harmful?
    -Be Smart and a Duck
    -intelligent Design
    -The Joy of Sex
    -On the size of our brain and evolution and stuff (technical term for things)
    -public speaking
    -animal experimention - mistreating animals

9. Bells Staff Member

So what? He agrees when he wants to and disagrees when he wants to. What's your point?

And I actually can't believe that you've gone through all his posts to count how many 'I agree' and 'me too' he may have posted.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Me thinks you need a hobby...

10. Arditezza Banned Banned

I never counted a thing. The 10+ posts per day is right there in the profile, and I only needed to view the first page and to review my past readings of his threads to verify my point. I'm at work, and wouldn't waste that much time on anyone. I do find it ironic that spurious deleted from his list all the posts started by him that had little to no value. Shows that he knows he does a huge amount of frivolous posting.

My point was that he's agrees because of the person, not the post and that makes his opinion less than that of someone who actually read the posts, and thought about their response to the situation. I don't like people who don't think. I don't like people who follow and don't use brain for a higher purpose. I hold their opinion in very low regard. For him, he agrees that PM should be banned because everyone else thinks so, not because of his personal objection. If it was because of his personal opinion, he should state that.

11. Bells Staff Member

I disagree with you there Arditezza. I've seen Spurious stand up to everyone on certain matters. I see him agree when he thinks it's right for him to agree and I see him disagree for the same reason. He is the last person I would ever classify as a sheep. His reasons for voting yes to ban PM are his own, but I've seen him argue and disagree with PM before anyone else even had a chance to. He speaks his own mind as you speak your own mind. And he did state that it was his personal opinion. He too found many that PM posted on here offensive. What else did you expect him to do? Post a list of why or why not something may or may not offend him? Spurious is the last person on here I'd ever think was not using their brain for a higher purpose. I think that you are being extremely unfair.

12. stacy Registered Senior Member

Thanks for being so nice, you must degrade yourself by calling others with names. I stated my opinion, you can either take it or leave it but calling me names only shows how small of intellect you must have.

spuriousmonkey,(what you mean with leave us alone) let me refresh ur memory it,s not your bed room it,s a discussion forum an open forum with open policies, whenever i want i join share my opinion when i want i leave, i don,t need ur permission for that...

13. stacy Registered Senior Member

alain.... Respect is a two-way street. If you don't respect someone else's religious belief's or religious personalities, than do not expect them to respect yours...i notice that many times members like (doctor no), using profanity against islam,and prophets.. where was the moderators of this site to ban him,there are many other posters who disrespect islam muslims in their comments, no one say a word... i thought moderators are not here to take sides in arguments or to prove one or other sect right..i thought the moderators here to help provide a good atmosphere for discussion..but i was wrong moderators of this site are racist as well..they banned PM just cause he was a muslim and second he defend his religion.

14. Bells Staff Member

That's what you fail to understand stacy. Even when PM is shown respect, he still insults you regardless. I've seen many members on here partake in discussions about something or other and never once did they say anything about Islam or Muslims and PM would enter the thread and post things about how Christianity is a false religion, etc. Do you expect those members to sit back and say nothing to him? And you are wrong. Many here have much to say to the posters who disrespect Islam, and even when such members defend Islam or Muslims, PM still finds a way of insulting them because they may be an athiest, agnostic, christian, etc. As you say, respect is a two way street and many of us are sick of PM crying foul when he partakes in the same if not worse behaviour at times.

PM was not banned because he is a Muslim or because he defends his religion. PM was banned for not heeding a warning about a particular statement he kept on making in here. There are many Muslim participants on this forum, PM is not the only one. Are you possibly saying that PM should get special consideration because he's a Muslim? Why should he? If that is the case then Christians, Jews, Hindus, Athiests, Agnostics, Buddhists, Satanists, Pagans, etc should also get the same special consideration for their beliefs. Most of us have gotten warnings from time to time about our behaviour on here, but the reason that most of us aren't banned is because we heed those warning. Or at least we try to. PM did not.

15. GuessWho A Californian Registered Senior Member

PM is a racist who also hates racism and he only promotes hates toward people who are not muslims. I voted yes.

16. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

"but i was wrong moderators of this site are racist as well..they banned PM just cause he was a muslim and second he defend his religion."

they arent racist, so be quiet, and if they banned him for defnding his religion, someone nneds to tell PM that
    "offenese is the best form of defence"

doesnt actually apply to all circumstances

17. stacy Registered Senior Member

ok guys lets forget all this and start a new poll lets vote PM as a new moderator of religion forum he deserve to be a moderator, sounds cool

18. Bells Staff Member

I'll make a deal with you stacy. I'll vote for PM for moderator when I start to sprout angel wings from my back. Ok? I think that sounds like a reasonable deal.

19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

You are so full of it.

Did you ever to bother to read my lectures on my website?

Did you ever bother to read for instance my paper in development?

I probably have more original ideas in a day than you had in your entire life.

20. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

"ok guys lets forget all this and start a new poll lets vote PM as a new moderator of religion forum he deserve to be a moderator, sounds cool"

stacy, no-one is stopping you from starting that poll, start it if you want, if it gets a majority of yes's, then you can tell porf about it and we'll see what happens

but i wouldnt waste your time, hes barely managing to avoid getting banned, hes not gonna become a mod

21. Logically Unsound wwaassuupp and so on Registered Senior Member

ha did get banned, he didnt aviod it.
    actually, doesnt his ban get lifted today???

22. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

i meant a permenant ban
    i dunno, just watch the post count on the religion section, when it doubles, it means PM is back

23. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

he must be busy collecting links for cut & paste riot for the 4th day. you should watch for the post count increasing exponentially.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.