Ban Proud Muslim?

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Rappaccini, May 17, 2004.

?

Ban Proud Muslim?

Poll closed May 31, 2004.
  1. Yes

48.8%
  2. No

51.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. filter Registered Member

I think that Proud Muslim is a genius! Long Live Allah!!

f

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

I was simply commenting. Might as well make small talk, see?

You read way to deeply into things. Maybe you should quit being so uptight.

It's kind of weird.

Where?

Are you trying to irritate me or what?

I'll play doctor now:

Since your first post in this thread, I think, you've attacked me.

Overly aggressive, don't you suppose?

Tell me about your childhood.

Tell me, when you played carnival games, did you never get the prize?
    How did that make you feel?
    Sad? Angry?

Look.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

What do you see here?

A dog?

Your mother?

Does it seem frightening or appealing to you?

Ah, time's up.
    My receptionist will give you the bill.

That's OK, buddyroo.

EDIT:

... and if you don't (if, mind you), it'll be OK too.

Last edited: May 19, 2004
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Hathor Banned Banned

does this "wanker" even understand what it is to be a moderator? what is with the moderation in this site? here you have a moderator openly advocating flame wars and nobody blinks an eye?

utterly astounding!

if the tos is violated, do an edit, give a warning etc. do NOT make matters worse.
    do NOT stoop to the level of the infractor. do NOT be divisive in your moderation.

i recommend this moderator be relieved from his duties. he is clearly unfit.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Hathor Banned Banned

how does one go about creating a poll? is there a faq?

8. filter Registered Member

Oh Shit! I forgot...

[sarcasm]I think that Proud Muslim is a genius! Long Live Allah!![/sarcasm]

That`s better.

f

9. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Fucking hell, I'm so disappointed in everyone, i thought finally the dirtbag would be removed, didn't you read my 'its not funny to vote no' speach? Jesus fucking christ. I guess we'll just have to make another one.

10. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Dr Lou, you changed my mind. I don't know if that counts or not.

11. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

It should be taken into consideration that the people who voted yes really really want him gone while many of the people who voted no are just like "let him stay

I'm in a good mood today lol"

Surely their votes should be wrapped around a large stone and thrown back at their skulls, cracking them on impact, its just common sense.

12. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I'm abstaining because I don't think it's right to start ban polls over and over again until you get the result you want. It's debatable about how one would work this. If a member wins out in a ban poll, but continues to break rules, it's conceivable to be able to start a new poll based on the new infractions (and the new infractions only). But, I don't have a strong feeling on this either way, so I'll just bow out.

I really wish that Proud Muslim would get his act together; but, realistically, he most likely won't.

13. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Yes, I understand what it is to be a moderator. Flame wars? No. A sarcastic comment? Yes.

Worse has been said (It's a holohoax!).

I'm not.

You've been here for three days and you've already got everything figured out, don't you? You don't know how I moderate my section. You don't even know how to post a poll. You probably don't even know what forums I moderate. And you want me gone?

Something is wrong with the picture when someone can say "Fucking Americans" and I can't say "Fucking Muslims" right back. Right now, in this forum; I am not a mod. But when I step into Scifi, World Events, or Politics, I throw that mod hat on and I do my job. I do it in a non-bias format too.

Your inability to see past your own double standard has me baffled. "He can't say that, but I can!"

14. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

"Fucking Americans this is an Australian forum"

theres a difference between Americans and Australians now???

im with you coffee. i got nothing agaisnt MOST muslims, (as in, theres one that i dont like), but if that guy can be racist then you can be religionist - or wateva its called

15. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I'm glad you understand, Alain. However, I'm not a racist (PM is an anti-semite, though). I don't really care that he's Muslim, or from Syria, or if Brian Foley is from bumfuck nowhere. If he can say "Fucking Americans" and call us "Wankers" then I can say "Fucking Muslims" and "Rag-head".

Thank you for understanding.

16. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

i do not have anything against any group, i have something against individuals. That is not racism. However, i do believe that induviduals from the arab world and eastern europe are a greater source of bad things in this world than induviduals from Etc USA or Sweden as me. That is atleast how it is in Sweden, can't speak for the rest of the world.

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I have never felt as safe before in my life as I feel in Finland.

18. Zarkov Banned Banned

>> Something is wrong with the picture when someone can say "Fucking Americans" and I can't say "Fucking Muslims" right back.

Wow sophist logic here....

(a) an American, Australian is a term for a group of people living in a country... no religion here... it is an objective statement
    (b) Muslim is a religious term and IMO it is a subjective statement that can and is by LAW assumed to be an extremely offensive comment.

You wish to sell apples as oranges ? the law will haul you up.

Please CC as a moderator do not become and arms merchant and sell nukes as pea shooters......

Remember each poster has a style, let their style flow,,,, who is mature enough here to be tolerant and actually interact in a meaningful way.

Religion is an act of faith..... people just believe......and kill for their fantasy..... but can you or I stop that...

YES we can, science is reality education.... listen and present data, and slowly modify opinion, after all your opinion is within your power.....

>> I have never felt as safe before in my life as I feel in Finland.

LOL, the northern hemisphere is almost atomspherically isolated from the southern hemisphere...... if a fart occurs up there you will smell it.... whereas in Tasmania we maintain the cleanest air in the world.

19. Zarkov Banned Banned

>> Worse has been said (It's a holohoax!).

This is a testable statement, fact or fiction, there is nothing offensive about fact.

Einstein was a hoax,,, see the pattern?

20. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

holohoax?

big deal...

21. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

Einstein was a hoax,,, see the pattern?

Yes, but Einstein was smart.

22. Shmoo The CzarnaChapka Registered Senior Member

I'm sick and tired of PM's antics. I go to school and some shithead purposely comes up to me because I'm Jewish and starts prattling on about Hitler being great (because his ethnic cleansing led to the creation of Israel). Some kid threw a piece of dirty cloth on my head and said "Wear it! You're Jewish!"

So when I come on these forums and see someone like PM saying the Holocaust was a hoax, it just sends me over the edge. My whole father's side of the family was wiped out, and I know this has nothing to do with PM as a poster, but I just wanted to express the distress this person causes me. I left for months because I didn't want to be in a forum where behaviour like PM's is encouraged.

Much like the shitheads I know personally, he isn't even provoked, he's not defending his own religion, he's simply attacking another. It's malicious and disgusting. Ban him for no other reason than he's the biggest fucking idiot I have ever seen.

23. eddymrsci Beware of the dark side Registered Senior Member

What?! that is outrageous! I can't believe this kind of extreme racism and discrimination is happening in our modern society! I personally have never seen such rudeness and ignorance in my area before. I am sorry to hear that you have gone through this kind of experience, and I am sorry to hear about the history of your family. Personally, I strongly oppose any racist remarks and discrimination, and am against the belief that one religion is better than another. Don't worry about PM, he likes to defend his religion by offending others. that's just him, he's hypocritical. He asks for respect but gives none to others.
    As for banning PM, I voted yes, but I dont really care now, he is indeed kind of an amusement for us because of his "unique" perspectives. He's a "star" in here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.