Ban Proud Non-Muslim and Others

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by StarOfEight, May 31, 2004.

?

Ban Proud Non-Muslim and Others

Poll closed Jun 7, 2004.
  1. Ban them

14 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. Don't ban them

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bells Staff Member

LOL... the NO vote just keeps going up and new members are joining by the minute. This is ridiculous. I agree, I think a ban is needed. Either that or we can sit back and watch them dig themselves a bigger hole.

Arditezza, heh you know my predicament then. My partner, on the rare occasions he posts on here, rarely ever posts in any threads that I may be participating in. Whenever he has participated in a thread I am also taking part in, he will usually make a joke out of it and then leave the thread for good. And if he doesn't leave the thread, I do. And if he ever participates in a ban thread, I wont and if I do by accident, just discard my vote.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

yeah, i voted for no before i actually knew enough, cant change now tho

and arditezza, i'd guessed that you were joking

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. StarOfEight A Man of Taste and Decency Registered Senior Member

Sorry about that, but the guidelines suggested a closed poll.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Say, is the newest user "Mecca" also one of that bunch?

I am not sure, since he seems to be anti-christian.
    When I look at this he reminds me of certain persons.

8. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

guidelines shmidelines

it doesnt really work, if your trying to stop idiots voting, if you allow the idiots to vote, they arent going to stop themselves voting

dreamwalker, i stopped reading the linked post after the first line, did i miss much?
    and yes, id say he is one of the bunch, whoever is behind this is an absolute moron, does he really think we'd be fooled by this?

9. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

10. Arditezza Banned Banned

I never went through your posts, I did go on what I've seen from you thus far. I didn't look for something to bitch about, I was just pointing out the rampant "lynch mob" mentality that goes on in these forums with extreme regularity. Of which you participate in on a regular basis. I have read your longer posts that you pointed out, and I find them to be intelligent and well thought out, which is why your need to conform disappoints me so. You have the ability to think outside the box, but don't here in the fear of those who lynch others lynching you. Of course that is just my opinion, and like yours it probably stinks and is way off base. See how that works?

I am not bringing negativity, I am bringing conflicting ideas that a lot of people don't like. I am trying to get people to see that occasionally looking for the big picture instead of rushing to judgement based on other peoples ideas is a bad thing. If you see that as negative, then that's really too bad. Have I been negative towards you in particular? Yes, I have indeed. I apologize if what I have said offends you, and that is sincere. I was attempting to make you feel how you have made others feel with your random one-line insults. I picked you over others because you did it a lot in the Ban PM thread. You were singled out randomly, and I have attacked no other posters (see my tiny little 90+ posts to verify that). So I do apologize.

11. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

don't apologize for something you believe in.

12. Arditezza Banned Banned

I'm not, I was apologizing to you specifically for calling you, and only you, out when I was trying to make a point. I still think the mob mentality here is deplorable, and will still fight to get others to see a bigger picture and think outside the box when it comes to other people. It is my hope that people will not always be judged on a few factors, but on their person as a whole. I don't believe that people can be non-judgmental despite great efforts trying, but I do believe that when people know the whole of a person they can better understand them.

13. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

So, can we get the names of who else share this IP addy? Is it just whirlwind/PM?

14. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Proud Non-Muslim is coming through on an AOL proxy. He shares an IP with the following users: Colmar, Paulina, and a few other members that are not involved with this situation.

Mecca is also on a proxy and shares no IPs with anyone. Which leaves me to believe that this person is using a proxy. I could be wrong.

Sally and Tally, who joined up today, do not have their IPs in the datebase yet. There are other accounts, I'm sure. If you wish to bring them to light, it'd be nice.

15. Bells Staff Member

What about Fabiana? They're also posting the same things and in the same posts as the other ones. I can't even begin to think who else or as in which other more permanent member they may be connected to though. I guess this forum might be too large and have too many members to find that out. But if you put an IP ban on the ones identified already, that surely should rectify the situation wouldn't it?

16. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

I don't know... raising the voting age would seem like a much more efficient way of getting rid of them.

17. StarOfEight A Man of Taste and Decency Registered Senior Member

I'm with Persol. One month or 100 posts.

18. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

19. Arditezza Banned Banned

So far the list I've seen is;

Colmar
    Fabiana
    Kiwi123
    Paulina
    Proud Non-Muslim
    Uki
    Mecca
    Sally
    Tally

20. StarOfEight A Man of Taste and Decency Registered Senior Member

21. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Possibly another member to add to the list. the preacher. He jumped into the religion forum, posted 11 times each of which was some stupid one-liner alluding that he is god or the devil or both. I would just think he was a retard, if not for the 11 post count. All of which "contributed" to threads rather than starting spammy ones. I'm guessing his next stop was here. So you might want to check him out too.

Edit: If these are connected to a member who existed previously, then I'd be all for banning him or them. This is getting ridiculous.

22. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

I agree, The Preacher looks somewhat strange, he´s either a bad joke or a bad joke created to vote somewhere. Anyway, this is getting very annoying. :bugeye:

23. Shmoo The CzarnaChapka Registered Senior Member

These people's posting style are so vastly similar to PM's, that I'm starting to think they are PM himself, trying to catch us in our own hypocrisy when we don't try to ban them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.