Ban Rods?

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Athelwulf, Oct 3, 2004.

?

Should Rods be banned?

Poll closed Oct 17, 2004.
  1. Yes.

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. No.

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Iris Registered Senior Member

Oh, I dunno, people stumble in here, post a bit, then they sober up--or pass out--and they go away. Is it worth it cranking up the Banning Machinery just for him?

Wait and see, would be my call.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

from the first thread, my guess would be that he doesnt speak english very well, the second spam tho.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

if it is his english then it is ok. but judgeing from his first few posts he does not seem to add a lot to sciforums, so it would be no big loss.

8. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Exactly what I was thinking. If this goes on the way it is, the dude(tte) should be banned. If (s)he straightens him-/herself out, then it would be a less-than-great first impression, but I would forgive him/her.

It's not really his/her English that's the problem. (S)he's asked if there were humans anywhere other than here . . . which struck me as kinda ignorant. I dunno, maybe (s)he was thinking of the ISS, but I'm not sure. I guess that's debateable.

The thing that set off my suspicion that this was the start of something ugly was this:

This was the big problem.

EDIT: I just checked, and that post's thread is in the Cesspool now. If ye'r posting Cesspool material, it's really a shame.

9. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

I woudl send him a warning and then if he continues this way, he should be banned. Usually people like this leave when they realise what type of community Sciforums is.

10. Logically Unsound wwaassuupp and so on Registered Senior Member

i say:

LYNCH HIM!!!!

(mobs rule)

11. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Eh? Lynch him? What does that mean?

12. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

That means self justice, normally, when someone is lynched, a crowd of people (a.k.a the mob) kills the person accused of a crime. Normally by hanging him, but severe injury might also be suitable justice in some cases.

In this case, one could resert to virtual violence in for of words.

13. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Shite, I just read his user profile, that guy is born in 1992? If English is not his native language than I can understand why it is so hard to understand his posts. But then, I doubt that this is the right place for him to spend his time since he tends to clutter the forums with unitelligible trash.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2004
  14. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

actually when someone referes to a lyincing its normally derogritory of the mob (at least thats how i have always herd it used here). Someone cut down with no proof, eveidence, chance to defend themselves or fairness. Doesnt always mean literally but can be someone who was "acused" of rape (ie it was false so thats why the women didnt take it to the cops) being hounded and ososided without any trial or proof

15. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

Yeah, I tried to keep an open mind but he is dragging down the forum now. I would get out my size 15 and boot his asteroid

16. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

That's not what lynching means here.... It doesn't matter if they are guilty or not... lynching is 'punishment by mob'

17. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

how is that not exactly what i just said?

18. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Becasue the whole "Someone cut down with no proof, eveidence" is wrong.

19. vslayer Registered Senior Member

if albume27 is still here this guy should be a mod, but i voted on anyway, he angers me

20. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

I'm sorry but this just cracked me the hell up
    The guy seems harmless enough he doesn't insult people if you don't like him I would suggest just putting him on ignore. For my money as long as that blithering idiot philocrazy (who actually does insult people) hasn't gotten banned Rods has every right to stay.

21. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

i say we give him a little longer before doing anything. just to see whats going to develop as a result of this. :m:

22. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

He's harmless, yes. But I think that if one is to post here, that they should actually contribute to SciForums. I believe that everyone has something to contribute that everyone can learn from, no matter how young and/or ignorant one is. If one isn't doing this, then it's very unfortunate.

This is why I believe that Rods should only be banned if he or she has been warned about this but continues - ya know, give him a second try.

23. fadeaway humper that way lies madness Registered Senior Member

The guy is Dadaism incarnate. I say let him be!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.