Ban Rods?

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Athelwulf, Oct 3, 2004.

?

Should Rods be banned?

Poll closed Oct 17, 2004.
  1. Yes.

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. No.

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

What's Dadaism incarnate?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fadeaway humper that way lies madness Registered Senior Member

From Wikipedia:

The basis of Dada is nonsense. With the order of the world destroyed by World War I, Dada was a way to express the confusion that was felt by many people as their world was turned upside down. There is not an attempt to find meaning in disorder, but rather to accept disorder as the nature of the world. Many embraced this disorder through Dada, using it as a means to express their distaste for the aesthetics of the previous order and carnage it reaped. Through this rejection of traditional culture and aesthetics they hoped to reach a personal understanding of the true nature of the world around them.

Either that, or he's a fairly smart, drunken monkey with access to a computer.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

im going with option 2. or maybe option 3: jerk-off kid trying to piss us off. :m:

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Why ban him, if no one pays any attention to his/ her posts they will leave.

8. SKULLZ Banned Banned

Well in his profile hes claiming hes 12 yrs old,its possible english is not his first language.

He could be dyslexic and may REALLY be retarded.

I very much hate to say it but if any of the above was true and he was banned,his parents have what in legal terms is statutory rights,which are outside rules of the forum,and they can take legal action of the highest magnitude allowed.

It would be discrimination,people THINK you cant break the law online,this is a false belief,mainly due to psychological awareness of talking on a computer rather than talking or acting in real life situations.

I cant imagine a case ever really gets off the ground,but its a risk banning people like this,albeit an extremely small one.

Put simply it aint worth it.

9. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

I can be mistaken, but normally there is a sentence or two in the user agreements concerning age. If I remember correctly, persons under 13 years of age need the (theoretical) acknowledgment/consent of an adult. So in fact it would be illegal to sign on here when you are 12 and do not have an adult supervising you.

But of course it is not possible to read the user agreement right now because Porfiry has disabled registration again...

10. Stokes Pennwalt Nuke them from orbit. Registered Senior Member

If you ban him for those posts you've got to ban like half the membership by virtue of consistency.

That might be a good thing though. Even if I'm included.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

I wouldn't say he's dumb. That thread from the cesspool.... I think he knew it would end up in the cesspool; not only that, but you people went on in that thread for pages! "How many humans live in the space? [etc]" isn't a fully dumb question, either (if you ponder about it without bias).

Quit banning people. Find more intelligent ways of dealing with those who annoy you.

12. rahul_sharma Registered Senior Member

option 2 because he is not like undecided guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.