Ban Whirlwind?

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Rappaccini, Apr 11, 2004.

?

Should Whirlwind be banned?

Poll closed May 11, 2004.
  1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    50.9%
  2. No

27 vote(s)
    49.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Proud_Muslim,

Its ad hominem generalizations like that, that has you with a ban thread.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"You're calling me a neo-con?"
    I wouldn't, because you're a neo-anal-con.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. What? heck, I may be the only one calling him "Baby Bush", I think that Israel is an occupier nation, oh, but I'm not muslim, do you think that's it? are you saying this is all an anti-muslim thing? Come on, speak up! Is it?

Listen man, I don't believe anyone should be banned, unless they stalk, troll or endanger other people. Plagiarizing is bad, but I don't think this is a scientific or academic journal, most people would like, I think, their ideas put out into the net, hopefully with attributes, but if you copy from like minded folks, what’s the prob? even if you do it bud. I don’t think they’ll sue you

oh & don't thank me, I’m not supporting you, just the idea of freedom of speech

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Maybe we should invade Syria, and occupy it until he and all his shabab learn some freaking respect for their goddam freedom.

8. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

9. Mr. Chips Banned Banned

Appears to me that Whirlwind is taking the suggestions of moderators, even though these have been leveled with a certain measure of both disdain and rudeness, to heart. I say, give him substantial room to clean up his act. Some of his subjects have opened up popular threads. Don't ban him on the basis of his prolificness. Help him to handle more information in courteous fashion and this forum will benefit.

10. Padma Spankologist Registered Senior Member

I think this is the best thing I've read all week!

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Thanks, goofyfish. I almost feel a kinship with Proud_Muslim now. Almost.

12. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Mr. Chips,
    No. After his first thread I warned him. He did not listen. Then the second, third, and fourth, were all warnings to. His fifth thread was his last shot. And now his sixth thread? No, I don't give fifth, sixth, or God willing: seventh chances. I also don't like cross-posting. How many warnings should I allow? 15? 16? How about 30? I'll sit here and wait until he starts postings 1984 as his own work.

13. Hathor Banned Banned

did you figure out this particular source of alleged plaigerism? if not, i hope you are aware that you are making unsubstantiated accusations of a rather serious nature.

14. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Nope, I'm not. The last few plaigerized articles were hard to find (I had to have other users find them). But you can obviously tell that Whirlwind did not write that piece. If you read the post, you'll notice a huge change in writing style by the end of it.

Tell me, and I asked Whirlwind in a PM, what the heck he does? If he has a blog, or some website where he writes, then why not post it as the source? Wouldn't you want people to view it? Wouldn't you want to draw attention to it? He didn't answer that question, but went on a rant about how wrong I am. I know I'm right in this instance, as I was with the past few threads (You'll notice that he has a few threads that are open; because they follow the site rules).

When people view that thread, they'll send me the original article source. Until then it's a closed thread. If, and this is very unlikely, it turns out that I'm wrong; I'll re-open the thread.

-- The Grand Dragon Gizzard

15. Hathor Banned Banned

If you read the post, you'll notice a huge change in writing style by the end of it.

i take it you are in the forensic sciences? the paragraph you refer to, sounds like a rant where the gentleman in question appears to be blowing off some steam. perhaps speaking "off the record"

Tell me, and I asked Whirlwind in a PM, what the heck he does?

do you intend to inquire into my personal affairs too?

If he has a blog, or some website where he writes, then why not post it as the source?

is this a requirement? what if the original is on paper? do you guys provide a land address

Wouldn't you want people to view it? Wouldn't you want to draw attention to it?

sorry but you appear to be getting very intrusive

I know I'm right in this instance, as I was with the past few threads

i am not familiar with the others but you have the benefit of the doubt

When people view that thread, they'll send me the original article source.

should i enlist?

Until then it's a closed thread. If, and this is very unlikely, it turns out that I'm wrong; I'll re-open the thread.

guilty until proven innocent? i must admit it is an easy way out

what is a grand dragon gizzard anyway?

16. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

Oh shut up...

17. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Well, I for one would like to book Whirlwind for one of his public speeches. Only I don't have a corporation or class of journalism students to host him.

Nonetheless, if he's this incoherent and hyperactive here, those speeches must be insane!

18. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Tiassa,
    He's on the same level as Howard Dean.

-- The Grand Dragon Gizzard

19. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Apr 18, 2004
  20. Hey! I resent that, I voted for him, even if he couldn't win, He still represended my views on the war, Baby Bush & the economy,
    & yes, I could scream, but ol' Dean did it for me!

21. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Really? On par with Dean? Hey, Dean can be a dynamic and convincing speaker.

Whirlwind - how do we go about booking you for a speaking appearance?

22. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

I hear his class has show and tell on Mondays. Maybe the teacher will let you visit.

23. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

I don't see how anyone could or would contest it at this point.

Whirlwind is a troll and spammer.

He is a particularly nauseating example of the need for more rigorous supervision and administration, as per more moderators.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.