Batman Rising Massacre; At least 14 dead, 50 wounded

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Mrs.Lucysnow, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

And it isn't just the gunman who has it out for the Batman Rising film, Rush Limbaugh seems to think the Director Christopher Nolan has pepper'd the film with anti-Romney suggestions:

Either the gunman was a nut-job or he just thought he could eliminate all the anti-Romney voters in the audience.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Rush is an idiot....the "Bane" character has been a part of Batman comics since Jan of '93.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Janus58 Valued Senior Member

Holy definition! even the dictionary has joined the anti-Romney conspiracy.

The first entry under "bane" is

"a person or thing that ruins or spoils"

Just try telling me that was accidental!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Has anyone seen the film?

8. arauca Banned Banned

I would not look such crap

9. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

He must have thought it was crap too. Or maybe he thought he was the Joker.

10. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

The trilogy is both critically and popularly acclaimed... So consider yourself a minority...

11. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Its contentious. Death threats go both ways. From the UK:

I mean seriously? What the fuck's going on?

12. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

The alledged shooter has been reported to be a med student.

13. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Is that significant somehow?

14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Duh, why don't you spend a few hours thinking about it and maybe you can figure that out on your own.

15. baftan ******* Valued Senior Member

The most of the Americans are not against the gun control. Listen; I don't say that they trigger happy or anything else. They have their own understanding, culture, logic, constitutional rights, blah blah. Let's accept their desire as it is.

There is the thing: If they are sooo keen about the guns, how come there was not a single person in the theatre who can shoot this man? I keep school incidents separately as they were kids, like in Columbine and they are not supposed to carry guns. But how about this latest incident? A full theatre of Americans and not a single gun to stop the shooter. This is bit strange: Maybe Americans defend their gun law to get killed, not for defending themselves. If Americans love their gun law just to piss off the rest of the civilized world good luck to them. But I would expect more practical benefits out of this freedom other than just getting killed.

Now let's get possible excuses: "Maybe the whole theatre was full of people against the gun law" or "If somebody else responded, it would have caused a bigger death toll."

Yeah, anything else?

16. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

I asked you why being a medical student is significant in a shooting of a stupid Batman movie!!! And you want me to fucking think about it? You're just being an asshole but I guess that suits you.

17. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Maybe its because there's gun control.

18. Grumpy Curmudgeon of Lucidity Valued Senior Member

19. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I was mostly talking about the first 2 movies, since anyone's opinion should be based on those, since the 3rd one is just coming out. They made a shitload of money and got some Oscar's nodes, not to mention high praise. What else a moviegoer would want???

20. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

No I agree I enjoyed the first two, the second especially. It seems the gunman has booby trapped his apartment:

Aurora, Colo., police and FBI officials told Denver NBC affiliate 9News Friday morning that the suspect in the early Friday movie theater mass shooting has "booby-trapped" his apartment with a sophisticated setup of flammable devices that could take authorities days to disarm.
    Your thoughts: If you are a Denver-area resident, share your perspective, thoughts and observations with Yahoo News
    "It's pretty sophisticated the way it's booby-trapped," Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates told 9News. "We could be here for hours, we could be here for days."

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

coincidence

I just saw a movie featuring people shooting up a movie theater. It was called "God Bless America".

[video=youtube;3VQfKmIXfWM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VQfKmIXfWM&feature=relmfu[/video]

22. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

@Spidey

I'm laughing but at this stage of the game its not even funny. People getting eaten alive in broad daylight and now this. I prefer all my weirdness wrapped up in a True Blood episode not running free and wild. I think its time to go back to Cambodia, its much more sane society and that is saying a lot. America looks like its beyond saving.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

One person's act is not enough to characterize a whole country, it's a big place. The killing fields weren't exactly a nice place to be either.