Battlestar Galactica: Best Show on TV

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Prince_James, Oct 21, 2006.

1. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

What are you talkin? Starbck was never revealed to be a cylon. It would not surprise me if that last cylon Xena saw was Starbuck, but still makes me wonder. However, I completely contend that the cylon she saw was not any of those 4 brought out.

If Saul's memories were implanted, there has to be some sort of explantion for him being a cylon.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

The reason Starbuck didn't meet with the other four is because she was the only one away from the ship at the time. The five remember a song from their childhood, or from implanted memories. This is the same way that Starbuck knew about the red storm, which she had been doodling and painting her whole life. She must be the fifth Cylon. The evidence goes back to the very first episodes, especially her unflappable endurance and superior piloting skills. Any wonder she was the only one who could fly the Cylon ship, or take out the Cylon ace (even if by allowing someone else to take the fatal shot)?

Watch the last episode again and watch how they transition from wondering who the fifth Cylon is to Starbuck's reunion.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. superstring01 Moderator

As far as I see it, the "final five" are the only one's of their models (as in, there aren't hundreds or millions of Saul Cylons running around in space somewhere). The final five are all unique and could have been put in place as infants, or even in-vetro, without the host parents being aware.

Starbuck being the Fifth is too obvious. For all his faults, Moore isn't that simplistic. I'm betting on the fact that that when Starbuck was interogating Leoban, and he wispered to her in extremis that "Adama is a Cylon" he was telling the truth. Whether or not he intended to be honest isn't the point. All the Cylons have the knowledge of the final five inside them, they just can't tap into it. Near his death, Leoban tapped into that knowledge hoping that it would save him.

Starbuck just dismissed it as rubbish, but I believe it was the truth.

~String

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

If Saul is a cylon, it would definitely be possible that Will is too, but Will did not hear all that crazy music. I don't think he is the cylon. It could probably be Starbuc, but I'll check the episode again for the transition. The situation of Will being a cylon can easily be explained as a setup for the next episode which was about the president suspecting William of being a cylon. I find it to be the 2nd funniest next to the one about Gaius getting accused of being on that CD by Dr. Godfrey.

8. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

Adama doesn't make any sense whatsoever. The number 2's are cylons. If the leaders are cylons, then the question would be "Why not just control all events directly?" You see, it would make the struggle for survival of the fleet meaningless if either the president OR the admiral were cylons.

Is there any reason that Balthar couldn't be one? I need to watch that episode again. Someone in jail could be the fifth. Or on another ship, but so few primary characters are on other ships. Starbuck, the ex-con leader (original Apollo), Gaius Balthar and that is about it.

9. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Ex-con leader who?
    I have been contending from the beginning that Baltar is a cylon for no other reason than he survived the nuclear attack on Caprica. I'm not sure any more because when Xena sawr the last cylon, she said something like "Forgive me I didn't know". Or something of that sort. How then did Baltar survive the nuclear attack?

10. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Frightening thought...
    I don't think he and Brother Cavil would get along, though.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Tom Zarek - the ex-terrorist leader - played by the actor who was Apollo in the original series.

11. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

He played Apollo in the original BSG?

12. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Ohhh.
    That is the guy who played Apollo, huh? Didn't even recognize him.
    Funny.

13. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Damn! I can see it, now. Cool.

14. The Flemster Unstoppable sex machine Registered Senior Member

What are the chances Adama's dead son could be the final Cylon?

15. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

When are they going to show the next episode?

That episode in which Chief led the strike was pretty screwed up. Adama forced everybody to go back to work like slaves. It was evil. Similar to NY transit strikes. It's total slavery.

16. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

The next episode is sometime in 2008. Which pisses me off.

I thought Adama was a bit harsh in that episode, but you have to understand; without fuel they're all dead. It's pretty fuckin' important.