Becoming aware......

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by Centaurus1, Jul 6, 2002.

1. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

heyya all

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

yo m0rl0ck...
    nice picture

small technical hitch...
    percieving "X" does not exclude influence of "y"...
    ...and wandering "y" the F--- does "y" have to risk all
    that "y" and "x" would like to continue... to some percievable grasp of motivation.

...eRR for...
    "i" do not like to watch others suffer for my ammusement.
    all people have this choice!
    odd!... i find...
    considering the bulk seem to make this choice.

anywho...
    crazzy ol world int it

groove on all

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Thanks A4.

There's just no talking to some folk.

ripple of death....

Quote...
    jan...
    Our limit in bodily terms is, on average 90 years, being aware in the way you mentioned will not help you overcome death or disease. So what is the value of such awareness?.............

so you prescribe to "ignorance is bliss" ???

It is not a matter of ignorance by preference, but through our limited nature.

... the vail of the true christian!
    (my opinion)

Have you studied the teachings of Jesus, he was a true Christ-ian?

thus to give away all responsibility to all things that may create harm...

Such as what?

this i believe is the embodyment of EVIL!!!

I think the embodiment of evil is wanting to lord it over nature.

what -ever the religion...

Religions nowadays are just names, it may sound strange but I don’t believe God is found in such religions, but is in the heart of everyone and if you are sincere, He will guide you as long as turn to Him. In this way we are guided to other sincere and more advanced devotees of His, and as our hearts and minds become cleansed, we begin to understand our real position, this is “religion.”

...jan... do you care to share your soul age???

Not really r.o.d, there is no point.

i am a student of life!

We all are……we don’t have a choice.

i seek to know...

Have you read Bhagavad Gita.

there for i do not commit suicide!!!

I hope you don’t, that's murder.

there is much to learn...

Would you say mathematics is a big subject?
    How long do you think it would be before you could learn half of everything there is to know about mathematics?
    Do you have any idea of what half of all mathematics is?
    Yet “1” is the basis of maths, without “1” there would be nothing..

God is something like the “1”

Love

Jan Ardena.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

heyya all

yo jan...
    limited nature as to be that which is limited by design or by choice?

Jesus was not and is not the son of god!
    as an embodiment of a being of such nature defies the
    ritechouse truth to the being in its own value!
    what an insult!
    if not somewhat arrogantly poised...
    if "god" was to create a "son" or a "daughter" sad that all Christianity must put women down one peg!
    it would most likely be something to equal the nature of the existence of life in its own nature...!
    and that is definitely not human!
    humans are just the worker drones to keep the grass short and the lawn ready for play...
    but have grown too big for thier own pants and is about to burst out and cause a nasty mess that is surely to be cleaned by something!

Quote...
    thus to give away all responsibility to all things that may create harm...
    Q...
    Such as what?
    ======
    the seeking out of the evil!
    ... of coarse!!!
    what else could there be!?!?!?
    and such does condemn in its nature(Christianity) to the ever lasting cycle of abuse and torment and eventual self destruction!
    THAT IS WHAT CHRISTIANITY IS!
    and it has many forms...
    and evil walks in many shoes,
    and soo many empty shoes to choose from!
    (i am pointing my finger at religion!-not the individual)

((its late...im getting grumpy...so i better stop there before i get on to the bigger soap box))

...soul age to me is!
    but what you choose is what you allow me to assume...
    which is very little if i can help it

mathematics is a small subject and i know about half of it, currently...
    and don’t feel too interested in the other half

science is a big subject, ... with many sub groups and related theory and "theology"(as some might say)
    we need to focus on the quality not the size!
    as you may agree.

the size of this subject makes me a little hesitant to start with any specific thoughts in the advent of required related theory and theology... as such...
    But the mere fact that you observe(through literal reference) the life style of someone who
    committed suicide (Jesus) i believe will one day help you to another basis of perspective...
    we need not accept evil amongst us!

peace light
    truth love
    the path to that we hold above

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

8. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

yeah, someone answer that one!

9. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

so it is ok to kill and then eat children in a church???

someone answer that one!???

10. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

I don't think it's ok to kill and eat children period, but there are those that do.

Is that act evil because it goes against our own personal preference, or is there a bigger more universal standard that it opposes.

Love

Jan Ardena.

11. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

I think that some eastern relgions think the synthesis of two opposites is the highest knowledge.

So... highest knowledge stands above good and evil.

So... the answer would be that it is our own preference.

According to some this life is a playground of experiences with no possible metaphysical evil.

Disclaimer: 1/I don't know. 2/Universal principles of good would be nice. 3/if life is there to experience, I think it is best to experience at the highest possible level, which includes making the difference between good and evil.

Jan, should we still hang out?

12. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

13. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

I fear that it is based on mutual agreements: I don't hurt you, you don't hurt me. We can put ourselves in the place of a victim and imagine how we wouldn't like those things to happen to us.

That's also pretty close to Jezus' most important rule I think.

I hope that we can make our preference based on some Godly spark of knowledge of good and evil that is with us always.

What is good and what is evil tends to change over time: the Greeks had sex with children all of the time. Now it is a deadly sin.

It is always possible to translate actions into personal advantage, but I don't think that is valid.

I go with the Godly spark

But then, if there is something above good and evil, why do we need to chose between them, why is it such a big issue?

14. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

15. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

Hmm... I guess so. I was thinking about counter examples with animals, but you could call the fact that dolphins don't kill each other intelligence as well.

So yes, intelligence.

good question!

Maybe people forget the basics of survival once communities are formed and villages are built. Then they need to be reminded of what is important for development.

But is it important for development? The rule is not applied anymore on a large scale.

How can anti-God not be a part of God? God is everything and everywhere, or do you see that differently?

Do you believe in an intelligent form of evil? The devil? I always thought there was no metaphysical evil.

I think I am far from realisation. All I can do is consider and try to be open minded.

What exactly is realisation? Is it a moment in time? Is it the satori, the enlightment?

Thank you for the explanation. I was getting kind of worried about maybe having insulted you

Please do. Check pm.

16. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

17. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

Everything comes from God, even contradictions, cause he transcends them.

But then why do we say God is good? If everything comes from God, so does all evil. Is God as evil as he is good?

So Joeman has to make up one way or another for calling Brolly a retarded morron?

Say that he has to one way or another. That would be strange, cause a lot of values are linked to the period of time.

If I lend you money and you give it back without intrest in 1500, that's a good thing, cause the general opinion says you can't make a profit of your fellow man.

If you give me back the money in 2002 without intrest, this would be plain wrong.

How do we know which one is right, which one will add cosmic debt to our karma?

But that would mean that God gave us the playground of matter to act like God, but when we dive into matter, we run a high risk of not getting out of it anymore due to karma debt.

Isn't that a bit cruel?

So there is an intelligent form of energy which can be called the devil?

But how can this devil not be God, as all is one?

How do we know God is not evil?

Do you mean that evil is only present in matter, thus excluding metaphysical evil?

Since you can't even trust your senses: nothing.

18. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

19. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

Yes, I forgot about that. God stands above all, he transcends good and evil, so the concepts have no longer meaning.

But that would keep us from calling him good also, since he transcends...

Bit confused there...

Lots of people who are harsh have the intention to give someone a wake up call, to help them. You said intention is important. If the intention is good, is there still a demonic nature in harsh people?

This sounds like material existance is a punishment, while you said that it is something we chose to be in.

Of course I don't mind. Where are you coming from? Are you a Hindu? (if too personal, please ignore.)

Calling someone names is an action.

But then: is this all a test? Cause he creates things in which to get stuck. Did we specificly ask for that?

It feels a little bit like a trap.

I don't understand that line.

His intelligence in terms of matter... what does that mean? Being able to deal with matter? Knowing it's dangers?

Is the devil trying to trick us?

In what way is he a person? He doesn't have a physical body, has he?

Why doesn't God stop him? End his existance?

You see, I am very interested in the concept of evil/ the devil.

I think so, but see my first remark.

Also, you have to totaly trust the book on that one, no?

I use metaphysics for everything that is beyond matter. What do you mean with that subtle?

We can not see infrared nor ultraviolet. We can only hear within strict limitations.

We can not verify that what we perceive is actual reality.

Man, I love these sort of things!

20. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

21. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

OK, I understand that. So God is good. But you can only derive that from the text saying that good is the purest.

It is also something I feel. But I don't know if that feeling is to be trusted.

Vulcanoes erupt. Thousands die. Why? Diseases kill off people. They were also created by God. Why?

I understand that. Perhaps it is the biggest trap, as it is maybe the last obstacle towards being freed from birth/death.

You say exactly what Joeman says. We all agree with Joeman. That is sort of funny.

But the intervention is always subtle, right? Or can you give some examples?

Do you know the game Black and White? You play a God and when you want people to believe in you, you make rocks fly over their village.

One rock, and all people will believe and adjust their behaviour. (maybe two rocks, to make sure

)

Or is God being subtle so that our actions come from our own thinking, and not out of fear of God?

Quoting this to ask additional question: thoughts can not put us into karmic debt?

I would have to be very sure about the karmic thing to stop eating animals. Although I have some non religious reasons for not doing it: I don't see why they should be killed. They have the right to live.

If you eat cows, but do good deeds, do the different actions neutralize each other?

Is there free will or is everything planned? Because if someone has to come back as a bug to settle a karmic debt in which he has to die cause he killed someone in a previous life, is it sure that the bug will be killed?

Or does the bug have to try again again and again till someone kills him?

So you never have to worry about intervention? There is no such thing if you don't ask? The chance of you slipping of a cliff is not a choice of God?

You mean that if we want to learn something, we will? Something like that?

Maybe that answers my cliff question.

So we have to fear vampires, werewolves, demons,... because the devil can manipulate nature?

We have to look around the corner to see if he's not there?

Or is he being subtle too, because a strong awareness of his presence would turn people to God and he doesn't want that?

What is his occupation all day?

Does God protect individuals from him?

He can?... Posessing someone, or forming a complete material human being?....?

Lots of things make sense. The whole new age religion makes sense also.

Isn't there a leap of faith involved?

But they are matter? If so, you use a different definition than I do. I must keep that in mind.

He could still manipulate nature and make our lives miserable, no?

We have no way of knowing that what we see can be trusted, since we can not take a point of view from outside our reality.

If you can varify that, please tell me how.

Another question: these teachings really limit the amount of things you can do on this earth, don't they.

For centuries and still now here in Belgium farmers are keeping cattle and small animals like rabbits. There are some extraordinary kind souls between these people, yet they are doomed to be reborn because they kill these animals to make a living?

Poetry, science, ... are all useless, because they lead you away from the path to God?

Now THAT is sad...

22. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

23. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

Someone who is enlightened?

I don't know. I think there is a form of believe in everything.

Science: we must trust the material world.
    Religion: we must trust a book or our experiences or someone else.

Do all good actions cause evil counter reactions?

Yes, that is some comfort. Vulcanoes erupt due to activity within the earth.

But why do we have this type of nature which can easily kill people? Why wasn't a 'better' world created?

He's a fellow Sciforum member with whom I talked about harshness.

I KNOW I KNOW!! *very excited now* That's something I already thought of.

We would not know, would we? Maybe it is like that.

It would still be tricking us though... not?

You're right, I know that. Another leap is necessary. I don't kill flies, spiders,... but in this case being half good is the same as being not good.

Talking about little animals: what should you do when your dog has flees? You can't kill them...

The fact that they are alive is reason enough. Someone higher than me gave the life, I am not to take it.

But doesn't the bible say that we can eat animals? Somewhere in Genesis?

At least animals are sacrificed in there.

Could you give a definition of mentality? It is a returning word and it seems important.

What are these few things?

What would be the right punishment?

If we don't receive all reward in this life, the karmic equilibrum is not set, so we have to come back to receive rewards??

Or is the reward not being born again? (makes more sense)

If you're not ignorant, there is always intervention?

If the devil can manipulate matter, than he could create such beasts of fairy tales, no?

You mean unless it has some specific purpose?

Are you referring to the fact that this is what most people do? So that in a way it is what the devil wants us to do, focusing on material life?

If so, then what is safe? What is there to do? How to fill a day?

Jezus wasn't defended by God if I remember correctly. He did it all by himself. (just trying to get more information.

)

What is real? What are the illusions?

But that still doesn't mean that what you hear is right.

Sometimes the farmer is a poor African chap who needs to kill his only cow to feed his starving family. There is no other way to survive.

Many animals are killed in the bible, even for God's pleasure. (sacrifice)

How? Can you give a few examples? How can a lawyer be led to God doing his job?

You're welcome, thanks for your time and effort!