Being "saved" (is extremely annoying)

Discussion in 'Religion' started by seekeroftheway, Apr 24, 2006.

1. spiritual_spy SN0W_F0X Founder Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

WHy does a stranger care if I go to hell or not? Does he feel it is job to keep me out of hell? Well my job is to go to hell. Leave me alone!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

yes, he doesn't want you to suffer forever. hell does not exist, but for a "believer" it's reality!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

He should worry about him self.

8. DJ Erock Resident Skeptic Registered Senior Member

Christianity teaches that you should spread the religion, that it is your job as a Christian to preach the 'good news.'

I always find this set up as a good way to get someone who is trying to save you off your back.

You start as if you're genuinely interested in what they're saying, and perhaps a bit previously informed. The key points to make are that they believe god is all-knowing and all-good. If they say no to either one, then they don't really believe in the god that christianity maintains. Anyway, with the all-knowing qualities of god, you can point out that people don't really have any free will. If you come to a point where you have to make a decision between A and B, and god knows you will choose B, then you have no choice but to choose B, and therefore no freewill. If god is all-good, and hell is not good, then how can he send you to hell if you've had no choice in what you've done throughout your life? What good reason is there to believe in god? If you do or if you don't, the god that christians believe in cannot make you go to hell, or any kind of afterlife that is considered bad.

That usually shoves a potato up their tailpipe pretty well

9. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I would like to try that, only it is in my experience people do not buy the arguement that an all-knowing God denies free-will. They claim both can happen... but I say to them that if they really have free-will, nothing can predict what you will do and that includes God! For, if he knew what you were going to do, then you couldn't have done anything else!

Man, some people are stupid.. that is why I crawl up in a ball and talk to myself.. I understand myself

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Sci-Phenomena Reality is in the Minds Eye Registered Senior Member

Gods own multi-level-marketing scheme. (especially for the mormon church, but its more like a plot to look like god, but its actually Satan kind of swindle)

11. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Or man's plot to shove shit down my throat that I don't care for.

12. Sci-Phenomena Reality is in the Minds Eye Registered Senior Member

13. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

My philosophy is that most people do not care. If they don't care, leave them alone. If they fight back, then they care.

14. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

So generally I just pretend that the free prayer I got from a random homeless chick was something worthwhile I will consider. And the guy that stands outside the train station when I go to class is just a free source of comedy.

15. valich Registered Senior Member

Yeah, I'll donate. The Mormons are a sick sect of annoying book-waving bastards who send missionaries throughout the world as part of their ritual committments. The Mormons send these missionaries out in pairs to developing countries where they wear their white shirts and tie and ride around on bicycles. When I lived in Taiwan, why did they always want to come up and talk to me rather than with the indigenous Chinese? Were they ever annoying!

What's with all the polygamy in Utah? But then how can a religion preach monogamy when its founder had 15 or so wives!

Then there's my neighbor's Mormon friend who recently had a litter of Bulldogs, charging about a $1000 a pup, yet when confronted with the facts that Bulldogs have been known to kill children, and are banned in many cities across the U.S., he says: "It was just an accident that they had the puppies." An accident? Dah! When you have a male and a female, what do you think they're going to do?

Then there's the interviewer on National Public Radio who took a call from an anonymous Mormon caller when they were talking about the tsunami that hit India, Sri Lanka and Indonesia. This moron - did I say "moron" or Mormon"? anyways the two are synonmous. This moron, to the astonishment of the show's host, went on-and-on trying about how the tsunami was "God's way of punishing us" and that "The tsunami happened to teach us a lesson," and that "we were supposed to learn something by it." EEE-gads! Talk about a warped view of the world. Osama bin Laden would have been doing the world a much greater justice if he would've crashed the jets into Salt Lake City. Then all the remaining Mormons could get together and say: "This was God's way of teaching us a lesson."

But getting back to the original posting about "being "saved."" Saved from what? Why wasn't I saved the first time? Like being "born-again"? The whole concept of "being saved" then allows the person to do whatever he wants, whatever crime he wants, whatever injustice and evil that he wants to impose upon other people, because then that person knows that no matter what he does, he'll be "saved." "Being Saved" gives the person a free reign of irresponsible destruction on humanity.

16. baumgarten fuck the man Registered Senior Member

The next time someone tries to save me, I'm going to cut to the chase and incite a holy war.

17. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

How will you manage that?

18. baumgarten fuck the man Registered Senior Member

I'll summon every warrior in the land to my cause by offering to absolve them of their sins if they join me.

19. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Sounds familiar.. but OK!

20. valich Registered Senior Member

Correction to my post above. I meant Pit Bulls not Bull Dogs. Recent example: 2-yr. old girl maled to death in Huntington, WV 5-18-2005.
    http://www.wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=2866

You are all going to burn in Hell unless you are saved! So saith the word of our Lord Jesus Christ! Repent know, you evil sinners, for the time of judgement is upon us. Repent now before it is too late!