Best Deal on a Printer

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Bowser, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

My printer died. I've been looking at purchasing another. What I've found is that printers are relatively cheap, it's the cost of ink cartridges that are outrageous. My last printer was a Cannon, which had the advantage of aftermarket ink, but I'm having trouble finding a comparable deal. Does anyone have a suggestion?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I bout a Brother HL-L2395DW for $10 at a garauge sale ($130 new)... it prints fast an saves a ton on ink... always ready to go wit no need to print often to keep ink from cloggin up... an now my ink-drankin Epson color printer is unpluged forever.!!!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I found that some cheaper brand name cartridges are identical to their cheaper brand cousins - all you have to do is snap a peg off.

I can't provide more specific information because that was a few years ago, so companies have changed their cartridge designs. But if you're willing to do a little checking into the cartridges, and seeing if there's a cheaper version out there, it might be worth your while.

This is just an example; mine had a different peg arrangement. The only difference between the expensive cartridge and the cheaper one was that the expensive one had an extra peg - which could be cut off with a knife.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

O... an my HL-L2395DW doesnt need to be conected to my chromebook (just conected to my router)... an i can scan to my chromebook an print from my chromebook.!!!
    It holds 500 sheets of paper an i thank its rated at 36 copies per minute.!!!

8. Eharu Registered Member

I am also looking for best but cheap printer. Anyone can suggest?

9. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Whats the most you'r willin to pay.???
    You want ink jet or laser.???
    Have you had a printer befor.???
    How often will you need to print.???
    Are you concerned about ink costs.???
    How many pages do you expect to print per mounth.???
    Do you want a cloud ready printer.???

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  10. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Do not do this.

Cheap printers are the standard. They will sell you a printer for a song nowadays.
    They'll nail you on the cartridges.
    When you go looking for a printer, so must look at the cost of the cartridges and how long they'll last. That's the big cost.

sideshowbob likes this.