Best Ghost evidence you have come across

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by HawkI, Aug 12, 2019.

1. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

MR, what should I make of this line then ---> ''Ghost hunters and related paranormal television programs say that a residual haunting, unlike an intelligent haunting, does not directly involve a spiritual entity aware of the living world and interacting with or responding to it."

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I'm confused.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Everything is explained in that article. It is a repetition of events in the past played over and over again. Real objective sounds and apparitions and smells etc. It just doesn't involve a conscious ghost. More like a hologram.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Okay, so I'm totally fascinated right now. lol I need to research this a bit. I wonder why a hologram would be creepy or frightening? I mean, if we know that's not of the ''intelligent'' paranormal variety.....

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. billvon Valued Senior Member

Or an unconscious ghost!

8. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Well if you woke up in your hotel room to find a man in 19th century garb standing looking out the window, it would be pretty jolting. Most people can't tell a residual haunting from an intelligent haunting just by looking at it. Investigators can tell when they get no reactions or responses from the "ghost".

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  9. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

You are so gullible.

10. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

You're entitled to your opinion on that of course, but you have no more insight into those events than anyone else with an opinion.

11. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

12. kevin78 Registered Member

This clip is from a 1930s event. These soldiers were doing their first ''yells'' a little over 154 years ago.

13. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Colour me obtuse. How does this tie in to the thread topic?

14. kevin78 Registered Member

I wondered where old timer ''authentic Cowboy... .. Accent'' would be found for comparison. Nearest I found was the clip. Yes, its not ghost cowboys, but it's roughly that period so to speak. You gonna report me for being off topic?

15. billvon Valued Senior Member

Any recent cowboy movie. As we all know, movies don't lie.

16. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

No, I just didn't understand your post.

17. HawkI Registered Senior Member

18. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

(Ghost Adventures TV show)

Without the drama: 16:30-17:00.

How is this not some bit of fluff floating into the camera view, getting lit by the IR lighting as it passes?
    There's nothing imperatively supernatural here at all.

Mundane explanations apply until and unless they can't be explained by - well - mundane things.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  19. HawkI Registered Senior Member

I left that part in for context, I'm not convinced about the visuals either. I am very interested in sound capture; If I ever go ghost hunting, I will only capture sounds. I will look to record voices from past famous people like Julius caesar.

20. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

The problems with audio recordings are:
    - it's virtually impossible to provide provenance without accompanying video - it could have been done anywhere, by anyone
    - there's not really much data to analyze
    - there's no way to rule out mundane explanations - any noise or even voice has a built-in non-supernatural explanation
    - how on Earth are you going to conclude that a given recording is of Julius Caesar? Does he read you his social security number?

21. HawkI Registered Senior Member

In light of your concerns I have come up with a solution, I will record the show live.

Edit:- Also I will record voices from his personal chambers, most up to date with Archaeology, and then maybe where he died. It's hard to know where he would spend his ghost time.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  22. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I don't see how that will help.

Hearing a voice on a recording - even while viewing a video - has several pretty obvious mundane explanations. And you've got no way to show otherwise. It's not like you can assert 'that voice you're hearing is definitely not coming from an alive person'. There's nothing in an audio recording that is unexplainable.

23. HawkI Registered Senior Member

I will have to think on this.