Best movie ever...

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by New Life, May 16, 2003.

1. testify Look, a puppy! Registered Senior Member

Did you actually think that movie was well done or had decent acting in it? I can't even comprehend how a person...any person...could put that on their top movies list. Did you think Demolition Man was a good movie too?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

I didn't think Demolition Man was a good movie, but it was interesting from a Libertarian perspective; with people forced to live in sewers because they wanted to participate in "dirty" activities like eating meat and having sex.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

I loved the Matrix. Have not seen Reloaded yet but am in the process of d/ling it now to watch.

Liked the X-men. Will watch the sequel tonight on the computer.

Forest Gump was a good movie in my opinion and the music to go with it was great. Brings back a lot of memories in the process.

2001 was cutting edge at the time it came out. I remember the first time I saw it and was so in awe of the special effects. Things that today would not raise an eyebrow. But the grandeur and vastness of space came through very well.

That is a short and simple list. There are many worth mentioning but not for total impact. X-men is not on the list for total impact but rather as a feel good movie.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. methylcellulose Registered Senior Member

I enjoyed the movie for several reasons. I imagine society will resemble something of the totalitarian state of 1984 rather than the utopia envisioned in Brave New World should that be the direction of our future. (I'll go into detail in a PM for you if you want my rationale on that particular point.) As such, I'm amused by the portrayl of authority and Big Brother as all-powerful judges. Their inability to do wrong (Movie line: "I never broke the law. I am the law!"), display of power, and the futuristic setting was enticing to me.
    I liked the look of the future in Demolition Man (very clean) and the class struggle. The attitude of the people in that utopia added a comic effect. It was better done that Judge Dredd, but I still stick with my movie decision. I'm not asking you to like the movie nor is it required that you do. My list is my list.

8. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

In my opinion the struggle was about lifestyle, not class.

Edgar Friendly and company didn't eat meat, smoke, drink and have sex because they were poor and lived in sewers. They were poor and lived in sewers because they wanted to eat meat, smoke, drink and have sex.

9. methylcellulose Registered Senior Member

Ooops. Sorry, you're right.