Bible contradictions

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by w1z4rd, Mar 19, 2007.

1. JimHR Registered Senior Member

Hey NDS! Oh okay, sorry bout that.

Well it simply gave them authority in the early days and set them apart--it is not faith in general--but the Christian faith that gave them power. It's no accident that they are well known even today.

But whatever you may have heard--it is not Scriptural for people to perform miracles today since we do not have that authority given to us.

Which would be? I'm telling you man--faith is the only method.

Faith is a reality not by the power of imagination and not by self-hypnosis, but by the fact that it binds one with the source of all life and power--with God.

Faith is strengthened and its truth is confirmed by the benefits of its spiritual fruits which are known by experience.

"Where do we get this faith? Ephesians 2:8 answers: "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God." We cannot work it up—that would be our effort (Isaiah 64:6).

Consider when God first started working with us. One year we were clueless, the next year things were making sense. We read the Bible and understood it, but more importantly, we believed it.

Where did that belief come from? It was, as Ephesians 2:8 says, a gift from God. The real miracle is not that we understood, but rather that we now believed those words we understood. And this happened only because God made it possible." I know that this is what M*W struggles with

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrew 11:1

"Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified." 2 Corinthians 13:5

You have made a good observation. Most people forget the truths of the Bible or do not practice the truths. But we are not called to follow other men, we are called to follow Jesus. Our faith is only strengthened when we practice it.

Faith without works can't save you from the consequences here and now of your spiritual slothfulness. While your faith in Christ guarantees you salvation from eternal judgment (John 3:18), it does not promise you salvation from the consequences of sin here and now. The more your faith grows, the more inseparable you become from the truths you are called to follow.

"What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?" James 2:14

And just to let you know NDS--you found me and I am practicing the faith the best I can.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. JimHR Registered Senior Member

Well while we're at it--why are there so many brands of shoes? Are they really all that different? But don't they serve the same purpose? There is only one true Christianity and that is the Christianity found in the Bible. Some Christian denominations are not Christian at all--they have perverted the Gospel. And the Bible talks about this clearly. One church may have been convinced over a truth or one might believe something needs more emphasis.

You will know of a true church if it follows the Bible as its only authority--no high priest to make decisions, no rituals or ceremonies to perform, no set of rules made up by man for salvation--that is religion. And the church will not be ashamed to make this assertion.

The strongest churches are those that commit themselves to seeking the lost and not those that put up a show. Churches are a place of spiritual encouragement--its very said when they lose their identity.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Mar 27, 2007
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. JimHR Registered Senior Member

So why do millions of Christians in the free United States of America and all around the world believe now and will stake their lives on that belief? Simply out of social control? What makes a person believe with such tenacity?

Darwin was really influenced by Satan using simple samples of nothing to deceive the world into thinking it was something great to turn their hearts away from God. Although Satan would have us believe that God did not create the earth and the fullness thereof, God has given the gift of faith to those who will receive it that they may see the truth of this lie.

How do you like my theory?

8. JimHR Registered Senior Member

Hey M*W--when you say Christian-what was your background? Catholic?

9. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Hey JimHR -- here's the summary of my indoctrination:

Parents influenced agnosticism.
    Grandparents forced hard-shell Southern Baptist beliefs (from Tennessee) and JW's beliefs from the remote mountains of Southern Appalachia. Most people couldn't read. Many of them had nothing to read. There was no television or newspaper in those days! We listened to the Grand Ole Opry on Saturday nights, and that was about it. Then there was gospel radio, but that quickly turned into the Devil's music in the 50s.

I spent my early childhood in the 50s walking to the local Primitive Baptist Church in SC with the neighborhood kids. My parents thought it couldn't hurt me, and I'm sure they enjoyed the time they were alone.

I was a Flower Child in the 60s, bell bottoms and head bands and flowers in my hair, yada yada yada. I protested against the war in Vietnam. I comforted soldiers from afar in my little pen pal way.

I grew up, got married, had children, and decided it was time to shit or get off of the pot as we say in Texas. So I bit the bullet and converted to Roman Catholicism and brought my children up in that faith. It was so much a part of my life, I studied everything about it. I visited many of the holy catholic shrines in Europe and Mexico. I was not just a Sunday christian. I lived it minute of the day. I was hopelessly addicted to christianity.

My children grew up, and I realized I had taught them wrong. I had fed them lies and bullshit. I set out to rectify the damage I had done to them and to others, since I taught catechism for years to every age of life... babies to adults, because my addiction hurt other people. In my own way, I feel as if I destroyed so many people with my own false beliefs! The people I harmed were not only catholic. They were lutherans, baptists, pentecostals, charismatics, you name it. I destroyed a part of them that I will never be able to repair. Perhaps that is why I am passionate about what my mission is. I won't have enough time on this Earth to avenge the damage I have done because of my possessive beliefs in the evils of christianity!

Now I am an atheist at the sunset of my life. I wish I could go back to everyone I have met all over the world to whom I may have influenced by my sick and perverted addiction to Jesus. All I can do now is express my regrets on sciforums, through email, and other forms of communications I am involved with. This is my passion, so don't waste your time or your effort to try to influence me to return to those evil pursuits. It won't work. I hope I live long enough to say I was an atheist longer than I was a christian. That's where my credibility will be found. The aim of my mission is not to turn you or your cohorts into atheists. What I hope to do is teach you about christianity. The rest is always up to you.

10. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Nicely put, Medicine*Woman.

11. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Why, thank you James R! I appreciate your comment.

12. nova900 more spirituality,less dogma Registered Senior Member

You mean the Gnostics?
    Funny how most conservative christians consider it heresy!
    Figure it out..if the Roman Empire( gee...I wonder what they were all about) sided with the conservative priesthood,how much of the original words of Jesus were preserved.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Ok, that settles it. As Ice has said, only one denomination (gnostic) will be around after the second coming!

13. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

Medicine Woman, post number 82 was brilliant. I was really engaged.

I didn't suffer as long, but I empathize with what you went through.

14. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

Millions of Christians will stake their lives on that belief? Did I not just get done explaining how 90% of all people tallied up as Christians by surveys are actually living more sinful lives than most atheists?

Social control is a lot more powerful than you may think.

52% of all people tallied up as Christians are Roman Catholics. These people are baptized in water as infants, and integrated involuntary into the system. They grow up, are sent to things like church school, etc.

Then when they get older they may go to church just on holidays, but are still "Christians."

The point is, it is easier socially to simply stay in the religion you were given. Why cause tension within the family by leaving the church? Plus, people sometimes look down on people who don't claim to be Christian like they are evil, so this is no doubt an influence.

How do you think Islam spread? The first generation of parents told their kids about Mohammad's vision, and all those kids believed. Then they told their kids about it, and on and on and on.

15. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

The Catholics do have their problems, many in that outfit think that following the RC rules is how you get to heaven, very strange.

16. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

"Atheist Today?"

17. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Not only that, but it has been proved that God, Hell, and Satan don't exist.

18. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

'Faith' doesn't work. Let's prove it..

I want you now to just convince yourself that leprechauns really do exist. Go on.. Squeeze with every inch of your being. Can't do it can you? No matter how much you squeeze it is an impossibility to believe in something you lack a belief in, (unless evidence etc is provided). I'll give you a gazillion pounds right now if you can honestly convince yourself and have 'faith' that leprechauns really do exist.

See, atheists are fucked - and not by their own doing.

Case closed.

19. Photizo Ambassador/Envoy Valued Senior Member

...God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who push the truth away from themselves.

For the truth about God is known to them instinctively. God has put this knowledge in their hearts.

From the time the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky and all that God made. They can clearly see His invisible qualities i.e. His eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse whatsoever for not knowing God.

Case closed.

20. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

Feel free to point out a few example of "His invisible qualities" or "His eternal power."

21. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Sorry if I have missed something, but which "faith" is the correct "faith" among all of the hundreds, if not thousands, of Christian "faiths" that exist, and how does one know that it is the one?

22. Photizo Ambassador/Envoy Valued Senior Member

What has the Text already pointed out? -->From the time the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky and all that God made.

23. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

To be completely frank with you Photizo, seeing the earth and sky does not constitute proof of a God.

Now, seeing someone healing sick people by the hundreds just by touching them, that's a bit different.

Or being born blind and having someone touch your eyes and you can see for the first time.

Or seeing someone walk on water.