Bible contradictions

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by w1z4rd, Mar 19, 2007.

1. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

Then they returned from the tomb and told all these things to the eleven and to all the rest. It was Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and the other women with them, who told these things to the apostles.

And their words seemed to them like idle tales, and they did not believe them.

I agree with the apostles.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Photizo Ambassador/Envoy Valued Senior Member

Frankly, yes it does...and He tells you it does--quite frankly I might add.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

No, a book claims that He told someone this.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Photizo Ambassador/Envoy Valued Senior Member

For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

8. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

Just making a point there Photizo, you don't have to start throwing threats of the Lake at me.

In any case, why do you think Thomas couldn't believe Jesus rose from the dead even when he best friends, the apostles, told him he did?

9. Photizo Ambassador/Envoy Valued Senior Member

Not simply "a book"...

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

You are without excuse...He--and you--knows this.

10. Photizo Ambassador/Envoy Valued Senior Member

No threat at all, I was making a point also.

11. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

Where did you get these words from? The Bible?

12. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

"Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe."

- Thomas, an apostle

"Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe."

- Non-Christians/Atheists

13. Photizo Ambassador/Envoy Valued Senior Member

Do not be unbelieving, but believing."

Case closed.

14. Photizo Ambassador/Envoy Valued Senior Member

Yes.

15. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

What does "to be believing" mean?

16. NDS NDS Registered Senior Member

So you know the Bible is true because the Bible says it is true.

Fair enough.

What does "to be believing" mean?

17. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

I agree! All of them are in the Bible! That is the problem!
    It is the Bible that confuses men and creates so many different faiths!

18. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

That's very sweet of him, does he want a medal?

But clearly not for all the world's atheists.

Great.. we've all seen the earth and sky.... :bugeye:

People can clearly see invisible leprechauns. Sorry, was there a point amongst all that contradiction?

Btw, I offered you a gazillion pounds. Yes or no f00, can you convince your brain right now that leprechauns exist? Yes or no??

19. JimHR Registered Senior Member

Nor sure exactly what your point was, but faith is a gift of God and those who accept it will see evidence of its validity. Believing in leprachauns does not answer the questions who am I? Where did I come from? And where am I going?

The Bible is physical evidence, so is creation, and the conscience.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast."

20. JimHR Registered Senior Member

So did you know the Lord? As to what you said you provided no evidence of being born again. So going to church and following the rituals of being a Catholic is what made you a Christian? That's sad.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast."

Its time you try Jesus of the Bible and Him alone.

And you still haven't answered me why you put your faith in the "worm" theory and not the truths of the Bible.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2007
  21. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

"Born Again" is what she described. A complete religious conversion. There is nothing beyond that.

22. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

I thought it was quite clear: It is impossible to just believe in that which you lack a belief in.

Faith is idiotic, adored only by those that have no evidence for the nonsense they believe in.

A) Sure it does... you just need faith :bugeye:

B) I fail to see the relevance of those questions to anything.

C) It's not that hard to figure out who you are, where you're from, (your mothers womb), or where you're going, (eventually a hole in the ground or a brass jar).

The bible is physical evidence that people have imaginations - just like the quran, enuma elish and Lord of the Rings.

Creation? What's that then?

Kindly explain how this is evidence of a sky being..

"Faith is believing what you know aint so" - Twain.

23. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: I thought I did. I knew everything about him, every word he allegedly spoke, everything he stood for, his birth, childhood, mission, passion, death and resurrection. I thought I knew him pretty well. I thought he knew me, too, and was pleased.

M*W: Catholicism didn't push the "born-again" feeling. They pushed the born of water (baptism) and born of spirit (confirmation) rituals for the "born-agains." I attended catholic charismatic prayer groups where they prayed in tongues. I could never do it no matter how hard I tried. The lay group (somewhat like a coven) told me that I couldn't be "born-again" until I could speak in tongues. So, I quit going, because I couldn't even fake the tongue thingy. Although, I must say, that I was very sensitive and intuitive about the others and the problems they were having, but I held my tongue since they didn't think I was "born-again" because of the lack of tongues. Perhaps I could have helped some of them with a little intuitive advice. These people seemed to be so hopeless. These charismatic groups attracted all kinds of needy people who wanted hands laid on them with prayer for healings. I didn't belong in such a group. My inner spirit led me out of there.

M*W: I always knew what a christian was (not necessarily what a christian was supposed to be). Remember, I had a hard-shell Southern baptist grandmother who preached to me 24/7. That also led me to study christianity. I loved her very much, and she is still my role model, even though she's been gone decades. My agnostic parents who didn't believe anything, led me to the strict rules of catholic christianity. My parents, however, made me attend a local baptist university (it was close to my house), so they could continue to have control over me. My children's religious education needs led me to catholicism. Wanting to play by society's rules led me to the christian community of catholicism where I became a full-fledged, baptised, confirmed, catechist in good standing with the Pope who I met in 1978, at The Vatican, in his very first audience. I even received an official papal blessing, documented and signed on thick parchment paper with a picture of PJII, suitable for framing. I don't doubt that I was a christian. I may have been called a catholic, and contrary to what protestants may think, Roman Catholicism is christianity in it's more purer (as in concentrated) form.

M*W: I had no doubt that I had been saved by my faith. I have never said that I never did feel saved. I did then, and I do now, but by other means. The feeling (not the belief in) of salvation doesn't necessarily lead us all to the same place. My idea of salvation is different than yours. I'm content with my idea of salvation. I look forward to it everyday. I look forward to the future, and I know when I am gone, I will live on. Let's just say the vehicle which carries us beyond the grave are different. I definitely don't want to take this body with me beyond the grave. It's old and tired and worn out. It drags me down now, why would I want to drag it beyond the grave? I wouldn't! I'm taking care of it now the best I can so it will be tasty worm food. My salvation will come in the memories of my children and grandchildren. And maybe in the memories of some of you on sciforums. That's all I want. That's all I need. I created my life like I wanted to, and it's all mine. So, salvation is relative to each of us. I don't need a heaven when I remain in the hearts and minds of my family and friends.

M*W: No, that was not the way to my salvation. I tried Jesus, don't get me wrong. I read the bible backwards and forwards and upside down, and I still could not find a way to my salvation in a book. My salvation had to come from within.

M*W: Well, excuse me, but your post was after 10:30 PM. I went to bed early last night when the body gave out for the night.