Biblical Geology?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by David Mathews, Nov 23, 1999.

1. David Mathews Registered Member

You are invited to read "Biblical Geology?", a three-part series examining what the Bible says about the science of geology, Scriptures which may have geological implications and the meaning of large scale geological changes.

Read the article on my home page:

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/dmathew1">David Mathews' Home Page</A HREF>

Thanks,

David Mathews

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Criminy, where do I begin?

I know what you're saying in your essay, but let me throw my two cents in.

The flood didn't cover the whole planet. To the people back then, they knew little of the planet besides the immediate areas that they lived and traded in. It was just too dangerous for the common man to go wandering too far. Sedimentary rock came about from other waters, other times, other floods, other regions.

As far as the earth churning as though by fire, I don't think this is an attempt at explaining the core so much as it might be someone witnessing a lava flow or an earthquake. Watch the surface of oatmeal as it boils in the pot. It's the same effect.

I agree that the bible isn't written in scientific terms and should not be applied scientifically, just as science isn't spiritual in nature and shouldn't be made into a religion. I don't believe that the bible should ever be used to validate anything other a person's own set of beliefs and morals. To use it to explain geology is like using binary code to explain the bible. The two just don't click. They may refer to each other, but they don't mesh at all.

If my writing sounds detached, it's because I am very distracted right now. Money problems, you know.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.