Big Pharma Shills in Washington

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Woody1, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Bells Staff Member

Ermm..

And so on and so forth..

Does this mean that you don't really have a point for the entirety of this whole thread?

I need to ask though, is this thread about the "big pharma"? Or is it about you whining about Clinton? Because you seem to be whining about Clinton more than anything else. You seem somewhat obsessed with her and spreading all sorts of bizarre conspiracies about her. Why?

Have you considered a new hobby?

joepistole likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Of course you didn't support Hillary, but you said you did. What you are doing is just the latest round of Limbaugh's Operation Chaos.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016...ate-operation-chaos-but-this-time-for-bernie/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rush_Limbaugh_Show#Operation_Chaos

You have no intention of voting for anyone but the Republican candidate. This is a distraction, a red herring. As has been pointed out to numerous times now Hillary isn't running for office. She isn't a candidate for anything. You and those of your ilk really need to stop using her as a crutch and stand on your own two feet. You've got the ball. You folks control all branches of government. You need to man up and take responsibility for your actions and your many failures.

Be honest with yourself...? You need to be honest with yourself comrade. Bernie isn't running for office either. The next presidential election is three and a half years away comrade.

Hillary has a history like any other politician has a history. Her constituents thought enough of her to reelect her to the Senate. So obviously they did not think she didn't deliver the goods she promised. The reelected her.

The truth isn't an insult comrade. It's just the truth. If it rattles your cognitive dissonances, that's a good thing. Because then you might actually think rather than just mindlessly repeat partisan bullshit.

And you think your man Trump is part of the "solution"? A hundred days into his administration and he is already deeply mired in scandal and confusion. He hasn't been able to accomplish a single thing of merit. He hasn’t drained the swamp. He hasn’t even tried, nor does he have any plans to do so.

Here is the thing comrade, you cannot support your allegations against Hillary with facts and reason, and that’s a problem for folks like me. The fact is you and folks like you can't even define the problem, much less have a solution.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Woody1 Registered Senior Member

I apologize that I can't have a differing opinion without offending you and almost everyone else. This is a forum for liberals, and I should have known better.

As for Hillary, she's just a footnote in election history like Al Gore. I hope everyone can agree that it's time to move on. I look forward to a better democratic candidate offering in 2020.

Speaking of hobbies, you have 21,000+ posts here. Have you ever considered a new and better life?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Truth and reason aren't "liberal"conspiracies. This isn't about being offensive. It's about honesty and reason. And you aren't being honest.

Yes it's time to move on. You so called "conservatives" need to get over Clinton. For nearly 30 years you folks have falsely accused and maligned her. You have accused her of everything from simple malfeasance to serial murder without a shred of evidence. She was your favorite whipping girl, and now she's gone.

She's not running for anything. Folks like you need to get over her. You need to man up and stand on your own two feet. You need to stop using her as a crutch. And you need to be honest.

Sciforums isn't a right wing echo chamber. Truth and reason matter here. You can have differing opinions all day long here, but you should not be surprised when people call you out for your dishonesty.

8. Woody1 Registered Senior Member

nice puppet show.

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Guess you haven't anything to say to actually try and defend yourselves... thanks for admitting your guilt

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Woody1 Registered Senior Member

His grandfather served in Viet Nam.

People throw rocks at the tree that bears fruit, so I'm used to it.

Anything else I can do to help you feel better today?

11. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Reality isn't a puppet show Woody.

12. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

The truth isn't a rock either Woody. It may feel like a rock to you, but it's just the truth.

13. Woody1 Registered Senior Member

You aren't here to help anyone but yourself. That's the truth of it.

14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

And you know that how? Just because you don't like the truth, it doesn't mean I'm not interested in helping anyone but myself. You are making shit up again comrade as folks of your ilk are wont to do. Unfortunately, I don't think you would know the truth if it hit you in the face comrade. In fact it has, and you haven't been able to recognize it.

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

And my Grandfather was a B17 gunner in WWII - that doesn't mean I'm a hero

Good try at a red herring though! Keep swinging, maybe you'll give 'em a cold...

16. Woody1 Registered Senior Member

See what I mean?

17. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

#hatred | #WhatTheyVotedFor

Click because swine and roses are still incongruous.

Oh, give it a rest. Whenever conservatives run up against their own inadequacy, they complain about liberals. In eighteen years, I would have thought the lot of you could have at least come up with something, but after all this time you still have nothing to say.

Seriously, the Administration deliberately betrayed this community in order to give people like you an unfair chance, and even granted that much privileged soil to till, conservatives have been able to raise any but the most bitter and toxic of fruits. We've been cutting extraordinary breaks, lowering our standards, and generally driving the Sciforums communmity into the gutter for a bunch of people for whom good faith is, quite literally, too much to ask.

No, really. In eighteen years, the one thing political conservatives have failed to show themselves capable of is rising to the discourse.

A little bit of good faith would have gone a long way, but that is also apparently what the hep buzz might call a really big ask; extraordinary and unjust, if the lamentation can be trusted to describe the problem. But after so long and so many pathetic iterations, conservative lamentations are specifically and explicitly untrustworthy.

When you climb the rubbish tip as your pulpit, it's true, people expect trash. How many times have we heard your pathetic whine over the years? Boo freakin' hoo, that's how many times. And it's always from vapid, know-nothing, antisocial conservatives who behave as if their lack of good faith is some disability that must necessarily be accommodated.

And it's kind of sad because as much as people argue about "kool aid", political sympathies, and mental health, I think the behavioral evidence is quite clear. Above and beyond the everyday neurotic instability human beings tend to show, there is demonstrable, calculating dishonety and bad faith about the conservative argument, these days, that is not symmetrically or otherwise similarly evident in other quarters. And that asymmetry really does come from something real about where the competing arguments come from and what they work toward; presently American and other industrialized societies appear to be engaging, to various degrees, basic structural questions about relationships 'twixt individual and diverse iterations of collectives.

Perhaps even sadder, depending on one's perspective, is the idea that we can tell you this part over and over and over again, but the fundamental problem would seem to preclude conservative reception in good faith. This identity complex seems to supersede all. And it really does have to do with transformations away from traditional empowerment, but what, really, is the point of trying to explain a complex, unresolved model to someone who has no intention of hearing it in the first place?

Reality is not a role-playing game.

People are not sims.

Yet here we find conservatives, presenting some antisocial eminence front as a market-driven tactical decision right up to the point when they started believing their own hype, and now they are what American Constitutional juristics would describe as the suicide pact.

And the Constitution is not a suicide pact. Until this portion of our heritage quite literally ages into insignificance, we're kind of stuck with this neurotic-rupture temper tantrum from the American right.

Look at the sticking points. Look at where and how they feel left behind.

Marriage equality (Christian supremacism). Birth control (Christian supremacism, male supremacism). Potty police (Christian supremacism, male supremacism). Workplace equality (Christian supremacism, male supremacism). Police-protected murder of black men (white supremacism). Oppressing Muslims (Christian supremacism, white supremacism).

We're not going back to those old ways.

So, you know, whatever.

Let us know when you actually have something to say.

18. billvon Valued Senior Member

Well, no, it's a forum for science. That tends to mean fewer Trump supporters, since scientists tend to be better educated - and better educated people are almost universally not Trump supporters. You also get fewer anti-vaxxers, fewer climate change deniers and fewer creationists, since those are anti-science positions - and also positions commonly held by conservatives.

19. Woody1 Registered Senior Member

Or they vote against your candidate just to get revenge, so I hear.

Or receding to a safe space.​

then you show up.

me too.

I'm glad that means something to you.

And I'm thinking, if you had something to say, you would have said it by now.

So who needs a safe space -- when they can't deal with it?

I agree. A sim card doesn't have a soul.

A suicide pact? Count me out.

I'm sure there is no moral reason you could possibly think of.

I think it's better to take your advice and give it a rest.

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Joe McCarthy didn't embrace a Russian dictator, his beliefs, and his American president. In no small part because then, unlike now, Russia didn't own the American POTUS.

When you embrace or ignore Russia's intervention in our democracy to help elect your man get elected and when your man, The Donald, embraces the same Russian ideology as he does, you shouldn't be surprised when people see you for what you are and call you out for it.

Two, I suggest you read up on McCarthyism so you understand what it is and what it isn't. Referring to you as comrade isn't McCarthyism comrade. It's just being honest.

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Given that Woody1 has, apparently, nothing of consequence nor value to say, one has to wonder why he keeps speaking whilst saying so little...

Is there any value in keeping such a member around?

22. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Then why do you take part?

23. Woody1 Registered Senior Member

and you can't stop reading it for some reason.