Bird Box

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by wegs, May 27, 2019.

1. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Finally got around to watching the Netflix original movie Bird Box recently, and found it to have plot holes, and it left me quite unsatisfied at the end.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I won't spoil the ending for those who haven't yet seen it, but it just seemed a bit cliche. While critics and friends were raving over this horror film (which wasn't all that scary, to be honest) I'm comforted to know that I wasn't alone in finding flaws with its premise and plot.

Thought this was a very interesting take on the movie, and if you've seen it, what are your thoughts?

''In Bird Box's vision of Eden for survivors of the rapture, there's no place for people with psychological disabilities.''

https://mashable.com/article/bird-box-netflix-mental-illness-suicide/

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Havent seen Bird-box yet... but yesterday just befor my wife drove away she told me she herd a bird cheepin in the garage... i finaly spoted it hidin in a roll of chain link fence... i coaxed it out wit a broom handle an it flew to the rider next to the open double garage door... an then one more little nudge toward the open door an it flew right back into the garage on top of a rafter... i touched the stick to its chest an it hoppen on... i carried it to the open door an it flew right back up on the rafter agan... this time i got a ladder an touched its chest wit a fanger an it hopped on... wit my other hand i slowly cupped it around the young bird an caut it... it immediately bit onto my hand an ever few seconds woud bite harder tryin to take a plug out... lol... but i took it outside in front of a bush toward the back of the garage an let it go... it immediately flew toward the front of the garage an lit on the grass... a made a wide circle to get in front of it an hearded it back toward the bush... it then flew in the bush an i closed the garage door... an on the way back to the house i was wonderin if it was growed enuff to feed itself... an when i went upstairs an looked out the back window i saw 2 of 'em... one a little bigger than the other standin by the bush... then one after the other they flew into the bush... i had saved a life... my job was done

O... it was a young song sparrow.!!!

wegs likes this.
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Aw, that's a sweet story, clue.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I thought it was OK. I liked A Quiet Place (with Jim "The Office" Krasinski) better.

By cliche ending, do you mean predictable?

8. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Same. Not a perfect film, but it felt more realistic than Bird Box. BB also had a few obvious plot holes, I really hate plot holes!

Sort of. Cliche as in ...''they all lived happily ever after.'' Cue the harps.

She names the kids at the end, the final destination looked like a paradise, etc. It felt like a director from the Hallmark channel, took over the ending.

What do you think of the article I linked? Do you see any connection to this film? I thought that was an interesting take on it, not sure though if the writers of BB had that in mind, though. I'm not really sure what the moral of the story was, to be honest - but there were the usual takeaways as with any post-apocalyptic film, that kept my interest.

Did you know that there was a BB challenge? People were blindfolding themselves after seeing the movie, and going about their everyday life - even driving whilst blindfholded. Netflix supposedly issued an announcement urging/imploring people to ''stop the BB challenge.'' lol

I did wonder how I'd make it, if I were in a similar circumstance, needing to remain blindfolded, and would I have been tempted to peek?

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  9. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

10. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

How does one bungee jump in a pothole? lmao

RainbowSingularity likes this.
  11. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

How does one budgie jump to avoid potholes? (this looks effective however im not sure the average person could afford to feed a budgie the size of a small building)

12. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Just anuther day in the life of cluelusshusbund