Black Barons are made of Frilly White Lace

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by hypewaders, Sep 16, 2005.

1. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

I was going to post this in politics

But this seemed more appropriate. I remember squabbling with west more-ist. I miss all the busheviks. The pre-occupation ones who were so effusive then. But since they've been gone, all that's left is a useless, amorphous heaping hypewaders.

ja, ist more, Wes. But he doesn't understand. I summoned Baron max, in a lame backhanded accolade for a Bush supporter who actually has the guts to half-heartedly spar with us. He would like to think that he can do it with half of his brain tied behind his back (now where did we hear that?) because he really believes that he is not programmed.

I am programmed. I believe that we (humans) are going to surpass all of our expectations. I strongly believe that this will require the challenging of all our beliefs.

Now that I have drawn attention and been nebulous enough, let's see where this one goes.

A tip of the hat to the Baron, who has been my sole able adversary lately. Wes, if you have lately grown a brain, I am interested in picking yours as well.

I think there should be threads where you just say "hey asshole: I'm talking to You". Or not. Let's see.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Guess not. At least not yet. I would have enjoyed it though. "DEAD THREAD, RISE!"

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

[There is no rise. What? Why?! Try again, moron.] RISE!!!!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

that is about the best statement i've heard in awhile. when can we start?

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, I don't like to think of myself as a "Bush Supporter", because for one thing, President Bush can't actually do much on his own. All of his bills, etc must be voted on and approved by congress, so where's the president's power???? He ain't got much, that's a fact!

Now, as a supporter of the America system of democracy, I must plead somewhat guilty. I say "somewhat", because I'm quite leery of the powers that some of the old farts in congress wield ..that scares me some! And that's why I'm a staunch advocate of term limits for congressmen ...if they stay too long, their power is much too great to overcome.

I try to discuss issues, not personalities ...even the president's. We, the people, elected the president and I think that we should, as much as possible, support him in his efforts to run the nation. If "your" man had been elected, wouldn't you want the rest of the people to help support his efforts? See? It's just a matter of opinion, but the vote is the BIG opinion and is the final word. I'm sorry that your man didn't get elected, but shouldn't you move on now and try to be a "good" American?

But as I said, I try to discuss issues and if you raise them, I'll respond. If you're just into bashing the president, then I usually don't respond. Besides, don't we all know how you feel by now? And don't most people know or think they know how I feel now? Rehashing old arguments is ....worthless.

Baron Max

9. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Whose expectations? Mine? Yours? Joe Blow's?

I think we've just about fucked up the whole planet with pollutants -- is that the kind of "surpassing expectations" of which you speak? We've just about fucked our way to over-populating the Earth and sucking it dry -- is that the kind of "surpassing expectations" of which you speak?

Baron Max

10. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

[HA!! It worked. Well, a little is better than none, right, master?]kjd

11. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"I think we've just about fucked up the whole planet with pollutants -- is that the kind of "surpassing expectations" of which you speak? We've just about fucked our way to over-populating the Earth and sucking it dry -- is that the kind of "surpassing expectations" of which you speak?"

No, that's way the hell off topic, old man. But interesting. I think the Earth will shrug us off like a dog shakes off water- anytime she's ready. A supernova will surely make our hour to strut upon this miniscule stage irrelevant. But.

We happen. Not just humans, but self-aware critters. That is quite literally fucking awesome I must say.

Sorry I haven't checked on this thread in a while, Baron. Thanks for the resuscitation, cottontop.

12. Xev Registered Senior Member

Baron Max is full of Christmas cheer, a right jolly old elf he is.

13. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yeah, I am! But also it's not just at Christmas time ...I'm retired now, so every fuckin' day is filled with good cheer and contentment.

Y'all oughta' retire ...it's fantastic. If I'da known how great it was, I'da retired the minute I graduated from high school.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

14. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member