"Black President" by Nas ft. 2pac & Obama

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by camilus, Sep 15, 2008.

1. camilus the villain with x-ray glasses Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. camilus the villain with x-ray glasses Registered Senior Member

ERASE THE HATE!! seriously!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Yeah, that'll work.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. camilus the villain with x-ray glasses Registered Senior Member

Hook - 2pac

"And though it seems heaven sent,
    we ain't ready to have a black President"

8. John99 Banned Banned

And there has never been a Hispanic President or a chinese or an italian or a Bedhoin.

9. camilus the villain with x-ray glasses Registered Senior Member

yep, so having a black president is a step forward. next we'll have a hispanic president i hope. but we need revolutionary presidents like Obama who understand the struggles of 3rd world countries and help them out.

10. John99 Banned Banned

You are idealistic but i dont think too realistic. It will be business as usual and not many changes. Obama is a millionaire a few times over but everyone needs their causes so listen to all the rappers raking in millions telling you how oppressed they are.

11. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

I sure don't think Obama is going to be any different than say the last 50 years of mostly hand-picked Bilderburg men, however I think him as President will really go a long way to healing a lot of old wounds in America.

12. camilus the villain with x-ray glasses Registered Senior Member

No one asked for your ignorant input. Of course Obama got money, that's what everyone wants. Compare a dog to a rat and they're both after the cheese. That doesnt mean that one isnt a loyal dog and the other a worthless rat.

And I wish I listened to rappers "raking in millions." I've talked to some of these cats before, and a lot have to hustle in the streets just to put out a mixtape about how fucked up the economy is.

The latter is what I hope for. its not that I want Obama to start handing out reparations. I just want, if only under the impression, to have a president that connects with the people and understands their struggle. If we could have just that, then hopefully it would influence some of his policy and etc..

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008