Bloody Jehova's Witnesses

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by synthesizer-patel, Apr 22, 2008.

1. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

That doesn't work because what they are doing is not technically soliciting. Soliciitng involves selling something. They are not selling anything nor are they asking for donations. If you ask them to leave and not come back and not leave their pamphlets, then they usually wont come back for at least a year.
    I used to kick them out all the time, but one time I actually engaged them and found that they weren't so bad. I actually found it enjoyable to talk with them so they kept coming for a number of weeks. But once I told them I was done, they stopped coming.
    But really, if you are like me and enjoy discussing religion, then engage them. They know the bible like no other Xtian you will ever meet.
    Ultimately my conclusion was that they weren't any more fanatical than any other Xtians.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. EmmZ It's an animal thing Registered Senior Member

I don't. It was a complete lie.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Explain politely that you have no interest in their product and ask them not to call again.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

That doesn't work, I tried that 2 or 3 times before resorting to being rude.

8. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

It'll work for the thread starter. We British have, you know... manners.

9. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i don't hate them or beat them! i was just using an expression. i challenge their doctrine and their intentions. they're not right, and i don't want them to succeed. they take god's name in vain and witness falsely against christ.

10. draqon Banned Banned

well...who is more important to you? care for people or belief in God?

11. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

as far as i can tell, a big reason i care for people is because i believe in god. listen man, i don't hate these people, but i'm also not going to enable them to do the wrong thing. there's no lack of compassion in challenging them as to their beliefs. if they're willing to be impositional to the point of soliciting door to door, then i feel quite comfortable challenging them on the behavior.

that doesn't mean i don't care about them, or anyone else. it actually means that i do care...enough to get involved and communicate with them about it.

12. draqon Banned Banned

well their beliefs are obviously different. Put yourself in their shoes...you come to this gal called Lori and she snaps at you that your God is not her God...is that what you wanted from her? nope...right

13. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

where did you get "snap"? i'm not snappish. and there is only one god, so i sure wouldn't say that. i would simply question them as to their beliefs and intentions behind them and point out the rather obvious inconsistencies with what i've learned from god and from what i have found confirmed in scripture.

what's so snappish about that?

14. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Just out of curiosity, what have you learned that they are doing wrong?

15. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

16. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

put a sign on your door, "no religious freaks, no cold callers"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

selling jesus door to door like some used vacuum cleaner? soliciting members in an effort for their works to get them into heaven? works don't get you to heaven, so the very foundation of their activity is against their own doctrine.

18. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

Really? what does then?

apologies for my ignorance - despite a very christy schooling, I have attended church 3 times (1 wedding, 2 funerals) in the last 20 years

19. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

well jesus told nicodemus that you had to be born again to enter the kingdom and the bible talks about knowing god, or having a personal relationship with him, and that it's not by your works but by your faith that you get to heaven.

20. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

wierd!

so little fucking satans like Dubya gets to go to heaven, but its "Welcome to the lake of fire Mr Ghandi!"

stuff like this just confirms I made the right choice

sorry

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I think she means works alone.

22. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

what in bloody hell makes you think that dubya has a relationship with god? and what makes you think that mr ghandi does not? this is pretty personal stuff you're talking about here? how close are you to these people exactly?

23. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

Ah ok - so Dubya may get his just desserts - but Ghandi is still toast

still don't seem right does it?