Bloody Jehova's Witnesses

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by synthesizer-patel, Apr 22, 2008.

1. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Well said!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I don't see how them going door to door is any different than preachers on TV. Both are annoying, but I can always change the channel or shut the door.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i'm a christian, and i'm not a member of an evangelical cult. i'm an individual who respects the privacy and wishes of others and doesn't go around trying to beat people over the head with a bible or convert people. i understand it doesn't work that way because i've been through it. it's personal and it's an undertaking that is a lot more involved than a door to door solicitation or the membership into some organization. it's a spiritual transformation that comes from the heart and is initialized by the individual who is transformed, and not somebody else who's trying to work their way into heaven by converting you.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i'm not a bible thumper. i told you already that it says in the bible that you don't get to heaven by works, but by faith. jesus said that you enter the kingdom by being born again of the spirit not by joining a cult. the fact that you're not paying attention to what i'm saying or want to agree with it is not my problem. i am born again, so i know what i'm talking about from knowing god, not by reciting some scripture that i don't even understand or believe.

8. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Mark 16:20
    20Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.

Acts 8:4
    [ Philip in Samaria ] Those who had been scattered preached the word wherever they went.

Acts 8:25
    When they had testified and proclaimed the word of the Lord, Peter and John returned to Jerusalem, preaching the gospel in many Samaritan villages.

Acts 14:25
    and when they had preached the word in Perga, they went down to Attalia.

Acts 15:35
    But Paul and Barnabas remained in Antioch, where they and many others taught and preached the word of the Lord.

Acts 15:36
    [ Disagreement Between Paul and Barnabas ] Some time later Paul said to Barnabas, "Let us go back and visit the brothers in all the towns where we preached the word of the Lord and see how they are doing."

Luke 10:1
    [ Jesus Sends Out the Seventytwo ] After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go.

Mark 6:7
    [ Jesus Sends Out the Twelve ] Then Jesus went around teaching from village to village. Calling the Twelve to him, he sent them out two by two and gave them authority over evil spirits.

Matthew 9:35
    [ The Workers Are Few ] Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness.

Matthew 11:1
    [ Jesus and John the Baptist ] After Jesus had finished instructing his twelve disciples, he went on from there to teach and preach in the towns of Galilee.

Isn't the entire book of Acts about going out into the world and converting people. Seems to me that most of the new testament instructs believers to go out and spread the word to everybody. Paul faced severe persecution and often was beaten brutally. Still, he preached the word. :shrug:

9. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

So you claim to be a christian, but claim to not believe in the bible???

Revelations 22:18-19

18I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. 19And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

Again. :shrug:

10. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Seems to me you are not payig attention to what the bible says.

11. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

well personally, i witness with my life, by having a relationship with god and by my faith, and i am a huge respector of an individual's privacy and their own free will. i've seen it happen so many times when people are preached to and patronized in the name of god, and they're turned off. they didn't ask for it. nowadays things are different than they were back then. i figure there's a church on every street corner and one in between, a bible in every hotel room and tons in every bookstore and on-line, and they even have a 24 hour a day christian cable channel. if you want to know about god, you don't need a door to door cult member to tell you about him. door to door solicitation is rude period.

12. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

13. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i didn't say i don't believe what it says in the bible. i said i'm not a bible thumper. god has taught me many things out of that book. there have been times when he's made it seem like i was reading the story of my own life from it.

14. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

god has used my life to reveal bible prophesy. book of revelations actually, and more...

15. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

you crack me up. YOU are a bible thumper. going around spewing scripture in an effort to what, denounce those who believe in it? that's pathetic. you have no idea what it's about, and that's obvious. i know what it's about because i live it every day of my life. i just don't go around spewing it at people in vain. god doesn't like it when people take his name or his word in vain, and it says that somewhere in the bible too now doesn't it?

16. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

So what is it? Do you believe in it or not?

Where did I take his name in vain???

What I think is funny is that you can't quote one scripture to back your claims. yet you claim to know the bible better than me, who in case you haven't noticed, have used numerous scriptures.

Personally. I don't even believe in the bible at all. I just know it well cause I have always been interested in it. But I am interested in it the same way that I am interested in any other mythology. Thing is, I think, if you truly read the bible, and follow it to the T, then you end up with JWs.
    I've studied the bible with Catholics, Lutherans, non-denominationals, and JWs. I've also read the new testament more times than I can count. My conclusion is, that JWs follow it closer than any other Christians who pick and choose what they want to believe out of it to suit their individual religious needs.
    If you do EXACTLY as the bible says, then you will end up doing EXACTLY as the JWs do.

But what do I care, you're all cultish nut jobs anyway.

17. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i was referring to you.

i was referring to jehovah's witnesses, and you.

i don't quote or recite scripture, i live it, and that's because i do not take his name in vain and am not interested in converting people or denouncing them, i'm interested in having a relationship with god, and having the counsel of the holy spirit, not studying the bible as if it's just a text book. because it's not.

18. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Ok sweet heart. You're free to do that.

19. heart Registered Senior Member

Hi Lori,

I don't mean to intrude on this convo, but I really would like to know how you use the Bible then, if not to read and learn. Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you're saying you don't read the Bible at all, unless you feel "inspired" to? You don't read the Bible unless you feel God directs you to open it and teach you something?

If the above is correct, then I don't get it. Wouldn't you want to know and study something which you feel is the most important part of your life? If you feel that God teaches you through scripture, are you saying you can't just sit down and read and be taught at any time? Do you feel that when you read on your own initiative that it's fruitless to do so?

Also, if you don't study what you believe to be God's word... how do you know your thoughts match up with the Bible's?

20. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Thanks Heart. This is what I am trying to say.

Lori: You seem to be saying that you believe in the bible, but don't seem to know what it says and are unable to quote any scriptures at all. I am not even a christian, and here I am showing you what the bible says and you refute it. yet you claim to believe in it???

Matthew 22:29
    Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.

Acts 18:24
    Meanwhile a Jew named Apollos, a native of Alexandria, came to Ephesus. He was a learned man, with a thorough knowledge of the Scriptures.

Romans 11:2
    God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew. Don't you know what the Scripture says in the passage about Elijah—how he appealed to God against Israel:

2 Timothy 3:15
    and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

I think you should read the bible and see what it says. It says all over that you should read it and understand it, and that only through scriptures can you get to know god.

21. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Matthew 21:42
    Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures: " 'The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone ; the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes' ?

Mark 12:24
    Jesus replied, "Are you not in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God?

Luke 24:32
    They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

# Luke 24:45
    Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.

John 2:22
    After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the Scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken.

Acts 17:11
    Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

Acts 18:28
    For he vigorously refuted the Jews in public debate, proving from the Scriptures that Jesus was the Christ.

I could keep going. SO as you see, the bible tells you to read the bible and to know the bible, yet you claim to follow the bible, yet you do not read it, or know it or believe in it???

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

22. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Here's a good one:

2 Timothy 3:16
    All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

23. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Luke 8:21
    He replied, "My mother and brothers are those who hear God's word and put it into practice."