Bombs found targeted to new agencies and top democrats

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pjdude1219, Oct 24, 2018.

1. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Honestly, we don't know if this is a right-winger.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. billvon Valued Senior Member

"I think there is blame on both sides. You had a group on one side that was bad and you had a group on the other side that was also very violent. Nobody wants to say it, but I will say it right now."

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

true, but i think its highly unlikely that its not a right winger

8. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

and your completely wrong. political violence in the use in the past 30 years has almost exclusively been from the right wing. there is no blame on both sides. this is just broderism at its finest

9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Remember, as we descend into mistrust, provocateurism, and the enforced ignorance willful misinformation, who profits from indistinction. It's like when people say something need not be left or right, or necessarily between two nations, and so on. What it comes down to is the fact of society versus the fact of people who for whatever reasons are inclined to refuse good faith participation.

Of the people our society works to exclude or even preclude, plenty fight for the right to participate in good faith.

If I criticize my conservative neighbors for an utter lack of good faith, as demonstrated by what they have chosen, then what are the chances they will respond by finding their way back to good faith, compared to the likelihood that they will simply triple down on their bad faith?

The answer is pretty much known until we experience a significant deviation.

10. billvon Valued Senior Member

That was a quote from Trump (about the murder of Heather Heyer.)

11. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

12. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

The only consolation in all this is that the bombs appear to be low budget and naively conceived in design and delivery.
    Potential for copy cat?

13. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Surprise! Two weeks before the midterm elections, it would seem planned. Those crazy Trumpers don't understand timing, do they?

14. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Not if they are playing normal politics.

They even held a Nazi and White Nationalist parade at a University in Virginia right when people were deciding whether or not to remove Confederate statues - highlighting the offensive nature of such memorials at exactly the wrong time.

Not the brightest bulbs on the tree, as they say - if that kind of political game is what they are playing.

If they are simply bullying, terrorizing, and demonstrating impunity, of course, then their behavior makes sense and is not in itself stupid.
    The same as they will be if you don't.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  15. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry i didn't see the quotes

16. billvon Valued Senior Member

Trump has said he loves the poorly educated. And apparently, they love him.

17. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

As if that were an insult. Until they apprehend those responsible, we just don't know for certain. We all agree, I'm assuming, that we want the culprits caught and brought to justice. Bombs are not an option in our politics.

18. billvon Valued Senior Member

Not an insult at all. Just a reason why we see such idiotic behavior from Trump supporters.
    Unfortunately, violence is becoming more and more of an option, because of our current leadership.

Trump - "Knock the crap out of him, will you? I promise you, I will pay your legal fees."

The audience "swung back" and their attacks were "very, very appropriate. The audience hit back, and that's what we need more of."

Trump - "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."

Trump has congratulated Gianforte for assaulting a reporter.

Trump has referred to neo-Nazis and white nationalists, including a white nationalist that murdered a protester, as "some very fine people."

Trump has called for assault and violence against opponents since his campaign began. It is no surprise we are now seeing assaults and violence as a result.

19. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Quite a few Republicans appear to disagree.

Meanwhile, the idea that anything - anything at all - is too stupid or too violent for Republicans to do, was debunked long ago. We're talking about the Party of Abu Ghraib, here. The Party of taking breastfeeding infants from their mothers and putting them in foster care, for trespassing. The Party of parades with swastika and Confederate flags.

20. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

Where, exactly, do you keep hearing this?

21. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Well.... any one who relies almost completely on violence, intimidation and force as a negotiation tool is certainly lacking the smarts to do anything else.

22. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

the US culture and more soo entire national ecconomy is built around a duality of dividing everyone into 2 sides then making a profit off both.
    thus only conversations that include the main premise of direct influence to change the culture of the people is of any real truth & sanity.

23. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

any sort of news that follows anyone rightwing, and wight wing news sources.