Bouncing breasts as energy source

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Syzygys, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Finally!!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...ures/bionic-bra-victorias-circuit-862875.html

"Looking for a better way to charge her iPod on the go, Adrienne So had an idea – could she invent a bionic bra to harness the energy of her bouncing breasts?

Lawson explains that breasts move on three different axes: from side to side, front to back, and up and down. The most motion is generated on the vertical axis. Naturally, the bigger the breast, the more momentum it generates. "Let's face it – if you're a double-A marathoner, you're probably not going to get that iPod up and running," Lawson says. Measurements compiled by Lawson and her colleagues show that a D-cup in a low-support bra can travel as much as 35 inches (89cm) up and down (35 inches!) during exercise, while a B-cup in a high-support bra barely moves an inch."

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Awesome.

Australian sprinter Matt Shirvington (yes he's male, you do the conversion) could power a small African nation barely raising a sweat.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

YEAH!!!

Bounce them breasties!!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. phlogistician Banned Banned

From the linked article;

"A square metre of fibre produces about 80 milliwatts of power, which is enough to run a small device such as a mobile phone."

Oh no it's not. Cellphones consume between 500milliwatts and 2W. it may be enough to trickle charge a mobile however, but not 'run' one.

And unless a bra is going to be awfully large, it's going to generate a fraction of that 80milliwatts too.

I don't see the market, really, do people really need to keep their items topped up all the time? My cellphone lasts me about a week between charges.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

This is a vitally important subject, I intend to focus all my research on the problem.

9. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Ha, now we can start to talk about "what's your charge rate" rather than bra size. It's about time.

10. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

I enjoy bouncing breasts. But the ability generate power? Curious enough

11. mnothem Registered Member

I think the only way to do it is have a bra that has a battery that stores energy that a phone can be plugged into mid day to get charge

12. draqon Banned Banned

Ipod powered by erections...the power of genital muscle of the real man.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

There is already a charging unit powered by the flexing of the knee, you can google it.

14. draqon Banned Banned

yea...but imagine, someone like me...of age 21 with constant erections being an issue, putting it to a good use to generate electricity and power an ipod...perhaps a laptop or even a car battery!!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Might I suggest, as a way of increasing the amount of power generated, a federal tax credit for breast enhancement. We must eliminate these energy wasting A cups!

At a time like this, with the cost of energy going ever higher to the detriment of our economy; it's every woman's patriotic duty to have at least a D cup size and to keep them boucing as much as possible!

Imagine how much power could be generated on Bay Watch alone!

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

There's no constant movement there.

17. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Why would I want to charge my Ipod by causing myself pain, but I guess if you really love music... There has to be a better way to generate energy.

18. draqon Banned Banned

sex? sexual energy? charge...your ipod using sex...

19. Archie Registered Senior Member

If this generates energy or not, what a fascinating concept...

20. draqon Banned Banned

Exactly...just think about...so much energy potential, especially in heavily boobed place like California. Ladies come inside the bus, strip naked, attach the power cords to their boobs, the boobs bounce and generate static electricity...the difference in electrical potential between two boobs (one will act as negative charge and the other as positive) will generate electricity to run a bus.

21. draqon Banned Banned

Archie...think of the voltage potential involved here...this is the answer to energy problems of the World.

22. draqon Banned Banned

OMG...the great potential of this....!!! Use the boobs as capacitors...

because fat is basically a capacitor molecule...just need to utilize its energy.

23. draqon Banned Banned

Phd thesis "Utilizing energy problems of the energy sector by converting mechanical movement of breasts into an electrical energy"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.