Boys are the Weaker Sex

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by esp, Mar 6, 2002.

1. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rick Valued Senior Member

Crying is a part of our emotions,nothing to do with gender.if we dont cry out on the spot we have to,it"ll be in our minds forever,and affect our cardiac future...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

you know what i mean

bye!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

There ya go! Another man with the right Spirit! More please, more...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Fear has evolved for a reason. Fear WAS necessary. Fear IS necessary - but only in some situations. MANY people get afraid or worried right before an exam, despite having studied for hours. What purpose is there to this fear? Where is the logic?

I say - it's not going to help you to worry, so why worry?

By the way; sorry for taking so long to reply, I was away!

As for crying at something like Lennon's Imagine (I'm a big Lennon/Beatle fan, by the way!). I don't remember being overcome with the urge to cry or even having the urge to cry at anything like that. I am a little cold as a person though I suppose, I tend to let logic take me instead of emotion a lot of the time (which is something that changes a lot when I'm with someone emotionaly run). So I tend not to get what I would consider useless emotions.

I consider myself tough and I consider myself strong, and personally, while you may see this as useless, I see it as a good thing. A little while ago I was playing basketball and I got a ball kicked into my face. Just as a side note, a basketball kicked like a soccer ball that hits your nose/eye area hurts a lot. Anyway, I felt like crying or just lieing on the ground and holding my face for an hour; but I got up, brushed myself off, walked around for a bit and then kept playing. Should I have cried? No. I saw no reason to. I didn't have to and it wouldn't have helped me.

8. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Sorry, I think you missed the point. Bbcboy is talking an emotion which he felt at that particular moment! He doesn't say he is always crying if he hears Imagine/John Lennon.

I am not a man/boy, I cried over John Lennons death, as I did over Freddy Mercury and a lot of others. Just because the circumstances in which they died gave me such a lonely and sad feeling. So much hurt and pain!

I don't cry when I get a ball in my face either. It is something completely different. You can't cry over everything.

The point Bbcboy gives has to do with a sudden emotion.

As for fear, you need some of it, to have a good self-defense and I don't say that you have to be afraid of everything. I don't fear a thing. Always know though, when to take care of myself and others who are with me, when something bad is on its way...

9. bbcboy Recovering christian Registered Senior Member

orifinally posted by TYLER

I Don't see this as useless at all. It obviously fills your needs and thats fine. I just wonder if it's a crutch. Is there some denial happening here? Just a question and the reason I ask is fear that it may some day let you down. Only a thought. Long may your bullet proofness continue

10. Xev Registered Senior Member

Well!

Exactimundo Tyler. I was raised - or rather raised myself - to be tough and to be strong, and to keep fighting and not collapse in a sobbing heap when things got bad. I had no choice.

This does not mean I have no emotions, it simply means that I am not completly dominated by them.

Quite frankly, I detect a bit of envy......

And I won't cry when you say goodbye
    I'm out of tears
    Out of tears

(We needed some Stones to balance the Beatles references, oh yes we did)

11. esp Registered Senior Member

Yes, there's the x chromasome and y chromasome thing, and I think this unevenness between the big x and the little y doesn't really have anything to do with the emotional thing that this is about.

Everyone should cry It cleanses the soul.

12. Tyler Registered Senior Member

A crutch eh? Interesting thought, that my personal physical and emotional strength are bad things.

I don't need to cry, it doesn't aid me in anyway, therefore I don't. Personally, I don't see any logic against this. Ha, did anyone ever see Spock cry???

13. Xev Registered Senior Member

*Psst* There's no such thing, at least in the traditional sense. Carry on.

Tyler:

You have not been initiated into the mystical rhapsodies of 'I'm okay, you're okay', 'nurturing' one's 'inner child' and Oprah's Book Club.

Me, I prefer the mystical rhapsodies of Great Cthulu, Sunken R'leth and H.P Lovecraft.

14. bbcboy Recovering christian Registered Senior Member

No not at all, not bad things especially, just things to be respectful of.
    The stitches in lifes rich tapestry?

You seem very sorted and I admire that in anyone.
    What I meant was; those qualities cost.
    They have bi products which build up.

Crying detoxifies the system and leaves those systems you gain strength from refreshed and replenished.

It's called a coping mechanism. You have yours and they work for you..
    I just think there may come a day when you face something which will mean those systems need augmenting.

Rave on
    And love yourself every day

15. esp Registered Senior Member

tyler

The purpose of fear
    Fear exists to prevent one from becoming prematurely dead.
    There are many dangerous situations that don't actually scare you. But the prime focus of fear is the unknown.
    That which we have no experience of and so cannot accuratly control the scenario is where most fear stems from.
    Point is I suppose most people ar not scared of crossong the road. But if more were, there'd be fewer pedestrian RTA's.

It's not going to help to worry
    Quite true. But the point is fear, and tis is not necessarily the same thing.

More that worry is a symptom of the phenomenon of fear when experienced over a long period of time. Anxiety.

Worrying is mostly futile though

The logical majority..
    I too am governed mostly by logic.
    It is this logic that shows me that emotional release is theraputic and regenerative.

I'm not talking about crying every day, but when you feel that you might, try going with it.
    Just once.

Should you have cried?

Well here the line's drawn.
    Low levels of pain are not really a cause for crying in adults, more likely that an emotionally intense experience would lead to tears.

16. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

*Should you have cried?

Well here the line's drawn.
    Low levels of pain are not really a cause for crying in adults, more likely that an emotionally intense experience would lead to tears.*

Yes! That is exactly what I mean and could not find the right words for! Thanx Esp.

Sometimes you get filled with emotions, doesn't matter where they come from. There are days in your life that you just feel like crying and everything seems to go wrong. Including your interactions with other humans, loved ones also. Then there are moments in your life you see or hear something so sad, you just cry because of the loneliness and sadness which comes from it. The way humans treat eachother for instance. Then there are moments in your life, you don't feel well, or you didn't sleep well and you feel uncomfortable in your own body, so the smallest 'thing' can happen and you break down and cry.

Nothing wrong with that, just human feelings. Better hold on to it, for else you become numb and untouchable to your own Inner Self...

17. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Interesting capitalization of 'Inner Self'

I don't know, I just don't get that feeling. When a day goes really bad, my logic just follows to say that tomorrow is another day and there's no use worrying over the past, I'm never going back to it. I tend to not let emotions take me away unless they're good emotions, and I don't remember the last time I felt like crying in hapiness.

Wait, that's a lie, yes I do. It was when my team won in a shootout in a U.S. National tournament a level up from us. We were the only Canadian team out of 64 teams in the tournament and the Pittsburgh fans had spent all games yelling "U. S. A. - U. S. A." and as we won the shootout one of our players started singing Oh Canada. That was a damn proud moment, and I think I may have had tears to my eyes then.

18. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Tyler, you are a real superman! Do you by chance have any Kryptonite on you?

I rest my case...

19. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Consider it a lie or pathetic if you will, but I can't really change it. For too long I've been seeing things by my own logic, and can't change that now. It's not always (or even frequently) a good thing, though.

20. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Hi, all ...

The last time I cried, a few deep groans of dispair, was in the mid-50's when
    it hit me as I was walking away from my aunt's grave that I would never
    again interact with a person I loved dearly.

The family's reaction was: "Sonny can cry!"

Thank you George Carlin for coining the phrase "The pussification of America."

Take care all

21. justagirl Registered Senior Member

boys are taught to suppress their emotions which causes many problems.. that's a fact... you might enjoy my entry today called we need women in power all over the world....lol

22. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

23. justagirl Registered Senior Member

LOl just like a guy I quote facts and proof on my entry and you offer a poem to dispute it...smiles hi there