Brain storage equivalent?

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Machines' started by Facial, Nov 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbie56k Registered Member

arrghh, i have a headache.
    (can computers have that?)

even tho, it can hold a lot of info, its so damn slow. my brain can't do 280 trillon calculations per second in my head (thats competeing with the fastest supercomputer).

this stinks.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

The brain is analogue remember. It must be doing some form of interpretation for us to see, and hear.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. usp8riot Registered Senior Member

I view the body as a whole also like an operating system. Having ADHD, you get bombared with all kinds of info at the same time and that can cloud your judgement and slow your thinking. Just like a computer receiving interrupt requests from the operating system. A PC is highly more efficient with less processes running and less hardware to interrupt it's cpu resources. Just like people who go blind often aquire better hearing. There is less resources dedicated to one sense so more can be prioritized to the next important. But the brain is very remarkable in it's data compression and I don't see how it can compare with a PC. A PC is not intelligent enough to know what data is to be compressed to which extent and which data to forget and which to remember. As you can see, a PC is highly inefficient without an intelligent being behind the controls.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.