Breathtakingly beautiful pictures of angels

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Mazulu, Nov 22, 2013.

1. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Mazulu, your Post #60 contained more insight, intelligence and truth than any other Posting by you that I have previously read!
    I like this new Posting style of yours - thoughtless Posts have always seemed to be your forte - but Post #60 seems to present a truer "picture" of what is really in your mind!

Mazulu, I, for one, hope that you continue with your new Posting style - at last you show a quality that can be truly appreciated by any and all - props to you!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Agreed, and the use of invisible fonts was truly bold.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Ugliest angel so far.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Life after death exists. It has nothing to do with religion or beliefs. The energy that once was you will continue to exist.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mazulu Banned Banned

lol

You don't need religion or beliefs to have an afterlife. But your afterlife (preview to an afterlife) is effected by your culture, religion, beliefs, and who you know who's dead.

8. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Bebelina, so...there are views that we share in common!

9. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Mazulu, for the sake of "an honest and open conversation", I must now ask for an "honest" presentation of evidence and proof of your ^^above^^ statement.
    Again, Mazulu, only for the sake of "an honest and open conversation"!

10. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

you're quite welcome.

Study in contrasts...
    Here, an angel comforts St. Francis after he received the stigmata allegedly induced by a vision of Christ crucified:

Here, the former bearer of light and company fall before the Angelic Blitzkrieg during the war in heaven:

11. Mazulu Banned Banned

12. Mazulu Banned Banned

So the demon angels have animal heads and no clothes, in contrast to the angels of God who have human heads (with rosy cheeks) and are clothed. Very nice.

13. Mazulu Banned Banned

14. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

It could be, and it could not be.

One thing I've been thinking about since my dad died. I was there with him and saw the bewilderment in his eyes as he looked at something only he could see. He said:
    - That was strange.
    His last words. Good ones too imo.
    But what I've been considering after that is what reality we enter after death. Everybody seems to have their own idea. I also work as a medium/psychic and deal with these issues on a regular basis.
    Anyway, I got this strong feeling that I was there to greet my father as he entered the spiritworld. In that dimension I was also alive, in another "avatar".

15. Mazulu Banned Banned

I know what the Spiritualist tradition tell us about an afterlife. They seem to match up with our glimpse of it across "the veil". Disembodied spirits can float above there body (and give evidence of what they see), there are beings of light, relativies and friends who come to greet us. There are planes of conscoiusness that our soul migrates to. The lowest planes are depictions of hell, the highest planes are your Nirvana, heaven and total bliss. Most people go somewhere in between. Some souls fall asleep and eventually reincarnate. Other souls get caught up in the devachan, the plane of illusion (which is probably where all the computer gamers will go

. It is a life that is free of a biological body that needs clothing and food. You don't have to work. Although you might choose an afterlife of service (if you want to).

16. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

I can only presume the painting was by one of those Medieval/Renaissance artists who used faces from whomever might have walked by their window or whatnot as inspiration for those of such celestial beings... ...no accounting for taste, I guess...

To me the former suggests the corruption inherent in their evil natures, versus the "virtuous countenances" of the latter. You can see a lot of that sort of depiction of diabloical creatures/devils as these weird looking "mutantesque" beings in the art of that era. Links to couple of examples:
    The Temptation of St. Anthony by Matthias Grunewald, 1515

Saint Wolfgang and the Devil by Michael Pacher (1471-1475)

17. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Interesting to see how quickly the "breathtakingly beautiful pictures of angels" morphed into the "grotesque theater of the absurd".