Britain and her Allies Save the world in ww2!!

Discussion in 'World Events' started by vincent, Jul 25, 2005.

1. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

I see many many negative things in this forum about the brits and the yanks

Many here seem to forget that without the uk and america and oz and nz and canada saving all your asses in world war2 you all would be typing german today

The uk gave birth to America, Australia,Newzealand,and canada and all these countries united against germany

And all these countries are the envy of the world for there democracy and values and religous freedoms

And every illegal immigrant on the planet is trying to get into these countries
    Why because they are the greatest countries in the world and the world knows it

Last edited: Jul 25, 2005
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

So instead of having most of the world typing in German, most of the world now types in English, lol. All we did is switch one type of world dominance for another. America sure is glad for that war because without it, we wouldn't be as powerful as we are today. We were able to grab all the technology of the Germans and apply it to ourselves so we can continue in their footsteps. Instead of conquering all of Europe as the Germans did with their racial war, we're going to conquer all the Muslim states with our religious war. We have no problem with ourselves doing what we're doing despite it being bad because we're on top and are the victors the same way Germany stood behind what they were doing despite them being bad as well. But yes, what a wonderful shift in power WW2 was. Now most of the world gets to speak English instead of German, heh. Seriously, think about that.

- N

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Light Registered Senior Member

Interesting. If it makes you happy to think that Hitler would have installed demoracy and the types of freedom that most of us enjoy today, then that's simply your dream - not mine.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bells Staff Member

Speaking of which, why don't you start a campaign in the UK to ensure that the Brits who come to Australia don't overstay their visa or their welcome?

And I'll start a campaign here to keep the Australians from over staying their visa's in the UK? Ok?

Lucky us. We're getting the pisspots.

And Vincent, I've seen that in other threads you've complained about the illegal immigrants in the UK taking British jobs etc... well your countrymen are doing the same here. The point of this article Vincent is to tell you that when you live in a glasshouse, don't throw stones. What you blame others of doing in your country.. your fellow countrymen are doing the same in other countries as well.

8. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

There are worse and more strict forms of rule than the rule of the dollar. With the dollar, you are even free to say 'no'. It tempts and it bribes but it can never force. It is far, far better than the rule of a single man with an iron fist. Especially for those of you with the 'wrong' ideology, race, religion, sexual orientation, culture, etc.

9. vslayer Registered Senior Member

are you forgetting russia?? come on. if it wasnt for russias fight against germany, they would have spread east, taking oil, crops, and steel as well as workers to add to their war effort.

and it wasnt just their defeat of germany, russias invasion of japan proved such an overwhelming force that the japanese saw this as an equal threat to the american nukes http://www.newscientist.com/channel/opinion/dn7706

more that you forgot who played a large part in our favour during ww2:
    south africa
    french resistance
    dutch resistance
    china

10. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

wow vincent28uk, I'll take this post to mean you truely are saddened by that poor Brazilian fellow being killed - and yes, now you think maybe the authorities are going to far. And to hide from this feeling you quickly conjered up a "we saved the world" post to re-affirm your faith in the authorities of Britian and pretend like this horrid insident didn't happen. I can only think that this shooting must have really upset you - which is OK, it is upsetting.

11. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

oh yeah, also - did you know that German almost became the official Amercian language. Not really, but it is a neat urban myth

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Actually, it would have. Once the world would have been conquered, only blonde-haired, blue-eyed people would have existed. We would have all had the same ideas, culture, and whatnot that we would have the opportunity to be free, but since we're all alike, we wouldn't know what to make with freedom. So we'd have it, think we'd be applying it, yet we'd all still be the same. Oh gee, I can't wait until the whole world becomes Westernized!

Oh I know, my post was mainly for fun in regards to the "we'd all be speaking German" comment, which I hear people say so often. That saying just bugs me because they tend to ignore how dominant English is in the business world only because they have no problem with it since they're native English speakers not looking in from the outside. Speaking German is only bad to them because they don't speak it. They have no problem requiring everyone else learning to speak English though.

Just wait until the official American language becomes Spanish.

Or Chinese.

- N

13. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

hells bells

the bells are ringing i do not consider australians, americans or canadians or newzealanders as illegal immigrants niether to the british people we welcome them
    as alot of there families are british descendants

and they add to our society
    muslims and indians do not they take

australia welcomes europeans but does not indonesian
    as the oz gov knows indonesians will undermine the religous status quo in oz

australians immigration policy is the best in the world they do not import loonies as do the brits

14. Bells Staff Member

Vincent28uk

Heh... tell that to the ones we have to deport every year and ban from re-entering the country due to the fact they are in fact illegal immigrants.

This is interesting Vincent, I'd always pictured you as a rabid racist but now I see that you'd welcome all Australians and allow them to stay for as long as they wish. And when I say all Australians, I don't just mean the white ones but also the true Australians who were here before white settlement... You know who they are Vincent. The Indigenous Australians. Tell me, would you be as equally welcoming of them as well? Or do your open welcome arms only consider white Australians to be the real Australians and therefore allowed to set foot upon your shores?

Yes, as much as we just adoooreee the Brits, when they become beer swilling yobbos that make a night out to a bar or pub a nightmare, we don't really consider that to be a welcome addition to our society. We have enough of our own to contend with. And lets face it Vincent, when one considers how many Brits have been banned from leaving the UK due to their tendency to destroy their destination before, during and after a football match, somehow I don't think that many countries in Europe are too welcoming to the citizens of your country.

Tell that to all the European visitors we have currently residing in our detention centres.

Yes... Our immigration policy is so wonderful that we lock up our schizophrenic citizens in detention centres and we deport other citizens, after they have been badly injured in car accidents and are in coma's, by mistake and then try and bury those mistakes in case the public find out. Our immigration policy is so wonderful that the Australian Government is trying to find some way out of being sued up the wazoo for unlawful detention and deportation of its very own citizens. Yeah we're the best..

Vslayer

True. There was no way the Allies could have won the war if Russia hadn't been pushing Hitler's army from the East. And the Resistance which existed in several countries in occupied Europe at the time, saved many and helped the Allies during the war. But Vincent won't recognise that since they're not of British descent like the Allies were..

15. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

I have nothing against The Indigenous Australians they are also welcome in the uk

however i would draw the line at muslim australians as i am sure australia judging by its immigration policy with muslims indonesia mainly would be very glad to export these loonies however the uk already has 2 million of these loonies we dont need more

I know you like brit bashing
    but i like australia and new zealand after the uk they are my favourite countries and many brits feel that way

The russians did not beat hitler the snow did as is well documented in history as is stalins, the other european loony dictator attrocities to his citizens

16. vslayer Registered Senior Member

so what if snow helped kill them. the russians had an advantage and they took it. when the french destroyed railway bridges out of germany, was it the french or the cliff that killed them?

17. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

vslayer
    the only way (2,629 posts)

Today, 10:45 AM
    report | reply
    so what if snow helped kill them. the russians had an advantage and they took it.

I am just being factual mr slayer the russian weather beat germany not russia
    if the german attack had taken place in the summer it would have been all over in a week

russia was a absolute joke as a fighting force how many russians died 20 million or so
    absolute cannon fodder they are only good at drinking vodka everbody knows that

look at there ridiculous attempt at invading afghanistan they gave up after 7years of trying

it took the us and her allies all of a week to invade afghanistan after russia had said before hand there fight would take years

What russia knows about fighting wars you could write on a postage stamp

18. Microzoft Registered Senior Member

I guess, the good side of every country.. Any country should be logical thing. So more frequently then not, people find themselves discussing things that a discussable.

Before we can showoff that we created Europe, we should remember that without the European we would be sacrificing our virgins up on the hills and doing offerings of our sperm to the God Moon or something like that.

19. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

vslayer
    the only way (2,630 posts)

Today, 10:45 AM
    report | reply

so what if snow helped kill them. the russians had an advantage and they took it.

And oh i forgot to mention germany running out of tank fuel in there haste to invade russia i think it took a day or so then 20 miles outside of moscow they ran out of tank fuel

Maybe they should have switched to vodka for fuel once inside russia they would have had a never ending supply of it my russian friend

Take another swig of vodka and keep dreaming of past russian exploits

but what about all your gold medals in athletics?

Yeah they were in the pre steriod testing years

However look at china now they have developed new drugs to beat the tests
    and there mopping up in athletics

Nostrovia my russian friend

20. Bells Staff Member

LOL.. I'm not bashing the Brits. To do so would mean that I was beating up on my other half and his family's origin and birthplace as well as insulting half of my inbound baby's heritage. On the contrary. It's a lovely country with great people.. And when I say people, I also mean the migrants who've made their homes and their lives there. You must admit Vincent, the majority love the UK as much as you do and would gladly die to protect it. While you may detest Muslims, Indians and all nationalities that are different to you, most of them have gone to the UK for a better life and they have also bought in a lot of revenue as well for your country.

There were a lot of other nationalities who also suffered, including Muslims, in the recent bombings in the UK and they too are innocent and were just going to work and living their lives as per usual. It's easy to point the finger at a whole group and lay the blame on all for the actions of those few. But remember that several of that group you're blaming also lost innocent loved one's in that tragedy.. loved one's who were merely living their daily lives and were on their way to work or to shop and instead of blame, maybe they should have a bit more of your pity. They too are suffering.

No, it seems that only you have that view. Vincent, I'd suggest you actually study the happenings of WWII and you'll find that the Russians were not the joke you seem to think they were. While they suffered heavy losses due to the fact that when Germany first attacked Russia in June 1941, the two countries had a non-aggression pact, therefore the attack had taken Russia by surprise. But they regrouped and held the Germans from invading and taking Moscow. Germany was in trouble because Hitler made a mistake and assumed that the Russians would have been defeated within a few months and therefore had not equipped the German troops for fighting through the winter. On the 11 December 1941, Russia seeing the opportunity launched their counter attack and unfortunately for Germany, 5 days after that they declared war against the US. By the next spring, Germany tried again to launch further attacks against Russia but again they stuffed up and their indecision in whether they would take Moscow or the Caucasian oilfields resulted in Moscow not falling into their hands as they'd thought it would and by the end of 1942, Russia had pushed back and broken through German lines in the South and they had surrounded the German army in what came to be known as the Battle of Stalingrad.. you have heard about that haven't you Vincent? By February of 1943, the Germans surrended and they lost Stalingrad. Seems they weren't vodka swilling fools after all huh? Hitler's self confidence only ensured that the 6th army would be defeated and defeated soundly. Hitler's army tried to reclaim their lines but they failed so badly that the Russians ended up moving further into the East of Europe pushing the Germans back. If it wasn't for the Russians weakening and pushing back the German army, the Allies would not have had a chance.

No. It would appear that what you know about history could be written on a postage stamp.

21. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

hells bells
    i do not detest indians or other european nationals, muslims are the only people i dislike intently

i think like most brits do we have shared history and links to the americans and oz & nz & canada the brits do not like the french or most europeans not hate but we do not like europe as a whole and europe is always kicking us in the teeth be it chirac or the germ chancellor so they have no love for us

As for the russia and german war every documentary on tv says the same thing lack of tank fuel and russian weather beat them or it would have been a walk over they made it all the way to 20 miles outside of moscow without stopping or fights maybe you should make your own documentary about it seeing you know more than historians on it

by the way where did you get that russian propaganda from have you been reading stalins memoirs is there anything in them about snow white or mary poppins or is it all factual

and dont forget there other great sucess there seven year holiday in afghanistan

nostrovia my russian friends

22. mouse can't sing, can't dance Registered Senior Member

You are missing the point. Germans thought they would be finished before winter. However, they falied to take into account the Soviet's resolve to defend Stalingrad and Moscow at all costs. The battle for Stalingrad is one of the most brutal of the entire war, reaching a level of urban warfare which was hitherto unknown to the world.

But don't take my word for it, read it up on here (links to Wikipedia).

The information Bells presented usually is considered to be high school stuff (no offense intended, Bells).

23. Bells Staff Member

Vincent

Vincent, have you lived your whole life with your head jammed into a toilet? I dumbed it down to such an extent that a 5 year old would have understood it, but not you it seems. Have you EVER even read a history book? In school maybe? History is usually taught in school, so did you even attend any of those classes? How about in the last 10 years? Have you ever even bothered to pick up a book about the history of Europe or even Britain or any book at all for that matter? I have seen and met some ignorant people in my life but I think you take the cake. I kid you not Vincent, you make me want to tear out my eyes with a fork when I read your posts. How about from now on, if you are going to comment on history, you do so after having studied it and not after having watched a few documentaries on TV.

Vincent, when you walk down the street, do young children point at you and say 'I see dumb people'? It's common and basic history Vincent. Basic! For goodness sake, read up on it and stop watching TV. Go to your local library and look up World War II and start reading.

Mouse

None taken. I tried to dumb it down as much as possible but even that didn't seem to work. I don't know how I could have made it any simpler. Maybe he needed pictures or something. Vincent is like a dumbed down version of Homer Simpson.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2005