Bruce Lee: Really dead?

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by seekeroftheway, Mar 14, 2006.

1. phlogistician Banned Banned

No, because the source is dead. If you knew anyone that knew him, you'd know he was a cocaine user.

And you don't get Cannabis inside you from drinking tea. You get Cannabis inside you from taking Cannabis.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Well, it was the 1970's...

Bah, shotgun would kick both thier asses in even less time. 'Specially a SPAS-12, semiautomatic.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

actually, you can ingest marijuana byproducts as well.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

I suppose you know someone that knew Bruce Lee?

8. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

Your point? This is hardly proof .

9. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

A quote from the Coroner(s) after the autopsy.

"Cannabis is no more significant than if he had had a cup of tea that day."

"The only foreign substance was the Equagesic."

Equagesic being the medicine he supposedly took for his headache on the day of his death. The autopsy report says that his brain swelled from 1400 to 1575 grams. This, I'm sorry to disappoint, is NOT a symptom of Cocaine use, so we can safely rule that out.

(www.allbrucelee.com/article/mystery_of_bruce_lee.htm)

10. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

R.D. Teare, a professor of forensic medicine at the University of London who had overseen more than 90,000 autopsies, was called in and declared that it was basically impossible for the cannabis to be a factor in Lee's death. In Teare's opinion, the edema was caused by hypersensitivity to either meprobamate or aspirin, or a combination of both. His view was accepted by authorities, and a determination of "misadventure" was stamped on Lee's death.

11. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

12. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Never said it was fucking proof. However, considering the times, in the 1970s, a lot of people did cocaine, so why wouldn't he, especially since Bruce Lee was a celebrity?

13. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

Because, if you've ever seen any interviews or seen The Man, The Myth, he says himself that Martial Arts is an essential part of Taoism and Buddhism, in some of his interviews he states that he at least draws principles from these Philosophies, both of which DISDAIN ANY HARMFUL FOREIGN SUBSTANCE, including drugs. They seek harmony and peace by unison with nature, DRUGS AREN'T NATURAL. Bruce Lee spent most of his life abstaining from Western Medicine because he believed more in natural healing, he often had smoothies full of vegetables and fruits, he was dedicated to keeping his mind and body at full strength.

With all of this, how can anyone really think he died of a drug overdose?

14. phlogistician Banned Banned

As significant, ie, nody has reportedly died from tea, or cannabis overdoses, but the tea, was not the source of the cannabis.

But oddly, the pain killer Lee took is exactly what is prescribed for Cerebral Edema (swelling of the brain) it being an anti inflammatory, so it's not likely that this was the cause of the swelling. What is more likely, is that Lee imbibed Cocaine cut with Methamphetamine, and it was the latter that caused the Edema.

15. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

That's entirely assumptuous, you, as of yet, haven't presented any evidence to support that, just speculation.

16. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

Dr. R.R. Lycette of Queen Elizabeth Hospital viewed Lee's death as a hypersensitivity to one or more of the compounds found in the headache tablet he consumed that afternoon. Although his skull showed no injury, his brain had swollen considerably, from 1,400 to 1,575 grams. None of the blood vessels were blocked or broken, so the possibility of a hemorrhage was ruled out. All of Lee's internal organs were meticulously examined, and the only "foreign" substance to be found was the Equagesic.

17. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i didnt want to mention this before, because people will not believe me, but whatever i will say it,

i actually know somebody who knew bruce first hand, and about the weed, yeah he did smoke weed quite alot i have been told,

your right about that 1, but about the cocaine i am unsure, but i wont rule it out without proof,

peace.

18. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

marijuana though, will not cause death in the way he was officially declared to have died.

19. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

In any event, he also quoted(at the time surrounding his death) that if he were to die, he would have no regrets, he'd done what he wanted to do. He couldn't imagine growing old and losing his physical abilities. So maybe he took it deliberately and it was suicide?

20. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

well he was very allergic to that type of pain killer, and he took some of them then went to lie down and never woke up,

personaly to me it looks like an open and shut case, he was not supposed to consume that medicine and he did, then died.

maybe thats wrong, but to me it seems logical,

peace.

21. phlogistician Banned Banned

I believe you Empty, considering we both know other members of his lineage.

Well, Sifu Yip Man liked his pipe, so it's not unheard of for 'respectable' martial artists to use drugs recreationally, is it?

22. Mrhero54 Registered Senior Member

Have you heard this one?

This what I heard:

Bruce Lee died from an allergic reaction to peanuts. He got a headache and his wife accidentally gave him something with a small amount of peanuts in it. Some say this caused a regular headache to become a severe headache, which may have caused him to do something uncharacteristic-take headache medicine. One common symptom of brain trauma is drowsiness, the brain swelling caused by the peanut reaction could have made him sleepy and if you add Tylenol or whatever medicine to the mix…Instead of going to the hospital, Bruce opted to take a nap...this was the fatal mistake. Had he stayed awoke, the pain or discomfort may have caused him to go to the hospital where his life may have been saved.

Allergic Peanut reactions kill 50 to 100 people a year. A kiss from someone who eat peanut butter crackers can kill someone allergic to peanuts.http://health.dailynewscentral.com/content/view/0001961/41/

I'm not subscribing to this belief, I don't know. But it makes sense....

No unnatural substances
    Brain swelling was a fact
    Went to sleep
    Peanuts kill quickly

BUT
    If it was an OD than its easy to believe why they wouldn't want to tarnish his image in the autopsy.

This theory was the first mention I heard of Bruce being allergic to peanuts.

Comments?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  23. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i would say 7/10 chinese martial arts masters smoke weed or drink it in tea. the shaolin tend to stay away from it, but many martial artists do smoke it in china,

its a common thing,

peace.