Buddha Boy

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by Prince_James, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

India is full of such tricks, it beats begging. At least people are entertained.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Nepal!=India:bugeye:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Pretty much the same, only difference is a political border.

8. lightgigantic Banned Banned

he is only a yogi with (possibly) some minor mystic siddhis (perfections) - there are examples in the vedas of both great atheists as well as great theists that possess such siddhis - either way they did not accept the position of trying to pass themselves off as god (the theists) or if they did they were unsuccessful (the atheists).

In otherwords the real miracle of an incarnation of god or an empowered representative of god is their ability to reform and establish religious principles in the world at large - the claim for fame on the basis of a few mystic tricks to make people gasp is more in line with entertainment rather than serious divine experience

9. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

I would like to see what he will eventually go on to teach, yes. I would hope that if he is serious and not a charlatan, that he will become a figure similar to say, the Dalai Lama.

An interesting chap, though. If I lived in the area, I'd go see him.

10. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

Animals including goats and their human cousins should be grateful to him for advocating against killing of animals.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

dumb goat.

11. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

12. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

A man is being cheated on by his wife? What?

13. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

in a sense, yes.

14. VitalOne Banned Banned

Nothing special. Siddhi powers alone don't make you a true Buddha or Siddha they are just byproducts.

If you are fully freed from all forms of suffering including anger, fear, sorrow, agony, boredom, distress, attachment, craving, etc.....then alone are you truly enlightened. You must also possess true knowledge of all.

So if a so-called siddha is at anytime angered, disappointed, fearful, etc....then they have not achieved Brahm.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

16. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

SamCDKey:

You should try to see this guy in the flesh and report back on us. I'd like to see what you think of him.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Well I have always wanted to see Nepal, but I'm doing Bombay this year. Next year perhaps.

18. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

If you ever do, please give us a report. I'd be fascinated.

If I ever happen to be in the neighbourhood of India and Nepal, I'd likely see him myself. Although this is unlikely at the time.

19. orcot Valued Senior Member

I'm afraid that unless they organise special tour buses he won't be easy to get near to. My father went 2 times to nepal sins 2005 and I've never even heard hem speak of the boy. And if you get near him it would proberly be weird because you have to keep your distance and your watching him with binoculairs like your a ornitologist, and because the boy isn't moving it's proberly also very boring if he's the buddha or not from the outside he's yust sitting there.

20. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

If need be, I'd throw a rock at him to see if he reacts. That'd be interesting.

21. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

He may as well throw back rocks and start yelling at you and the crowd pick up rocks and turn against you. Life is full of anti-climaxes these days.

22. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

I also don't mean that disrespectfully. It sounds like a good start of a Zen koan.

"See the Buddha, throw a rock at the Buddha."

23. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

It seems a risky proposal. Please make sure none is around when doing that.