"Buddhaboy" fire video..

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by lotus omega, Aug 13, 2008.

1. lotus omega Registered Member

*1st post alert**
    Hiya!
    what do you peeps think of the fire video that has emerged on the paldendorje dot com site?
    www paldendorje com/vdo.php
    For those who don't know the story of the "buddhaboy" I have included a link to a past thread started on this very forum!
    sciforums com/showthread.php?t=53536

the following was taken from wiki:

(born c. April 9, 1990, sometimes Bomjan or Banjan), also known as Palden Dorje (his official Buddhist name), is from Ratanapuri village, Bara district, Nepal and drew thousands of visitors and media attention for spending months in meditation. Nicknamed the Buddha Boy, he began his meditation on May 16, 2005, disappeared from his hometown on March 11, 2006, and reappeared elsewhere in Nepal on December 26, 2006 only to leave again on March 8, 2007. On March 26, 2007, inspectors from the Area Police Post Nijgadh in Ratanpuri found Bomjon meditating inside a bunker-like square ditch of seven feet.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

you people do realise that there is a tick box on the create thread page which says DONT automatically parcel URL's dont you?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

they only have one post, I think you need a few posts to post a link.

Anyway, what are we suppose to think? He's a boy who likes to meditate. That's it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Meditating is nothing special. He just does it longer than most. His fans remind me of Criss Angel supporters and Buddhaboy reminds me of the old man in the hole from the Life of Brian. Showbiz takes many forms.

8. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

actually you dont michael. All you need to do is trick the software into thinking its not a link by unslecting the automatically parsal links option. Yes you cant then click it automatically but they wont have to cut bits out of the link to get the same effect

9. lotus omega Registered Member

@ Asguard - im sorry that I couldn't directly link the URL but when I tried it, the system said I need to post more than 20 posts for that feature to take effect :shrug: I did dabble with the 'Automatically parse links in text' option before posting

@ Michael & PsychoticEpisode thanks for your reply!
    I wanted to get yours and other peoples view on the video where he is standing amongst the flames [started when his robes spontaneously caught fire during severe meditation]
    The video is fairly low quality and shot at night, but I do believe they are real flames...

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i owe you an apology, it was my anoyance at the system more than anything. i have seen newbies try everything to get around it. I belive the point of it was to try to stop spammers but it dosnt seem to work. Im going to try it out myself in a min

11. lotus omega Registered Member

np Asguard

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

i kinda thought it was something to do with anti-spam system!

12. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Interesting video.

It does really look like homeboy is actually in the fire. Although I don't see how meditation could make you fire-proof.

13. Carcano Valued Senior Member

It looks like the kid is sitting and standing in between two fires, not IN the fire.

In any event, its all too murky to tell for sure.