Bush: How Chicken Little became Chicken Hawk.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Whirlwind, Mar 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whirlwind Banned Banned

Re: How Chicken little became Chicken Hawk.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

January 29, 2000

Today, I thought I’d start with a brief history lesson on the man who could be President - George W. Bush, Governor of Texas.

A couple of weeks ago, a listener phoned in regarding George W and his involvement in the Savings and Loan Scandal. I promised to do some research and see what I could uncover. Well, folks, I’ve done that and we did find some very incriminating evidence regarding Bush and the Silverado Savings & Loan scandal. However, that research dealt mostly with his brother Neil Bush. Neil’s involvement with Silverado is a different story - but he’s not running for president and George W is. So instead let’s discuss a series of business deals that George W made that may be even worse.

Back in the 1970s, George W formed an oil company called Bush Exploration. The company struggled along and was on the verge of failure when it was rescued by another oil company, Spectrum 7, run by several well-heeled Reagan-Bush supporters. But, by mid-1986, Spectrum 7 was near bankruptcy itself.

However, while other oil companies were falling like flies, Spectrum 7 played its trump card: the son of the Vice President. With that kind of firepower behind it, Spectrum was absorbed by Harken Energy, and George W got over $600,000 worth of stock, a consulting contract and stock options - a deal worth well over a million dollars.

What’s perhaps even more interesting is who was behind Harken Energy. The company was founded in 1973 by two oilmen who benefited from a covert effort to destabilize Australia’s Labor Party government. It was purchased in 1983 by a new investment group headed by New York attorney Alan G. Quasha. Quasha’s father was a powerful attorney in the Philippines, a staunch supporter of then-president Ferdinand Marcos, and had given legal advice to two top officials of the notorious Nugen Hand Bank in Australia, a CIA operation.

Bush ignored his new business partners’ backgrounds, instead taking his $80,000 a year salary, which eventually was increased to $120,000), borrowing money from the company at very low interest rates and buying stock at 40% below market value.

Because of what they were paying Bush and others, Harken was in financial trouble. Until they suddenly scored an exclusive contract to drill in a promising new offshore oil field for the Persian Gulf nation of Bahrain. How did the company with no offshore-oil-drilling experience win the contract? A company insider says, "You say, ‘The President’s son sits on our board.’ Hell, that’s why he’s on the damn board."

But perhaps most interesting is the following series of events. In June 1990, George W suddenly unloaded 212,140 shares of Harken stock for over $848,000. The transaction was an insider stock trade yet Bush did not report at that time, despite the fact that it was required by law.

In August of that year, Iraqi troops marched into Kuwait and Harken shares plummeted 25%. Bush would have lost $212,140 if he’d waited to sell.

Did George W. have inside information; government secrets that gave Harken Energy a leg up in Bahrain? Only "The Shadow" knows for sure. However, the evidence of George W’s financial manipulations - where he made a LOT of money - certainly makes Whitewater - in which the Clintons took a financial bath - look ridiculous, especially in light of the between fifty million and one hundred million dollars spent to investigate it. Where’s Ken Starr when you really need him?

Folks, there’s a pattern here. First, by his own admission, George W abused alcohol. He’s admitted to doing drugs although he refuses to answer the question about whether he did cocaine prior to age 28. And his business dealings, at least prior to his becoming Governor of Texas, are much more serious than anything President Clinton has been accused of.

George W calls himself a compassionate conservative. But where’s the compassion? His approval of concealed weapons in the state of Texas sure isn’t proof of that. And what about his intellect? Frankly, his demeanor on the debates has been dull and rehearsed, reminiscent of Dan Quayle. (Okay, maybe he knows how to spell potato). And what is George W hiding? Why did he write that "Keep your mouth shut" memo to all of his elite buddies - and his father’s elite buddies - of Yale’s secret Skull and Bones society? What is it that he doesn’t want them to talk about?

George W Bush - doesn’t his blurred and convoluted past make him just a little too shady for the White House? And let’s not forget that he is aligned with many of the same people his father - former President George Bush - was aligned with: the rich conservatives and the wealthy corporations that have contributed millions to his campaign. It’s no accident that George W has made so much money for his campaign, easily outweighing all the others combined.

Or do you think that it’s just something that should be forgotten or overlooked - like his unwillingness to answer the cocaine question prior to age 28?

E-mail me at: burt@nobodayskedme.com with your opinion.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. immane1 Registered Senior Member

Wow, that's some interesting propaganda you have there missy!

.....Is it possible for you to actually be somewhat productive here at this forum? You want us to email you? That's pretty funny.

I'm no moderator, but I don't think this forum should be abused the way you are abusing it. As much as I am hated here, I think even some of the mods might agree with me on this, no?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

immane1 Your a tit.

Coffee/Goofy I'm done here. Please delete this post at your convenience

Dee Cee

Last edited: Mar 30, 2004
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

That is not a "Whirlwind" original as far as I know. I can't seem to find that particular piece of writing anywhere on google. As you can clearly see this thread is just generating useless responses and no real discussion is taking place.

Just thought I'd give y'all a reason for why I'm closing this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.