Bush the deserter

Discussion in 'Politics' started by WildBlueYonder, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Albume27 Registered Senior Member

Michael Moore is awsome man! WOO

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

So far, the only reservists to speak up who were present at the time and place in question only noticed Lt GW bush's conspicuous absence:

“There’s no way we wouldn’t have noticed a strange rooster in the henhouse, especially since we were looking for him”

“I never saw hide nor hair of Mr. Bush”

-Bob Mintz and Paul Bishop, respectively, pilots who served in Alabama's 187th ANG Tactical Reconnaissance Squadron during the 1973 period in question.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

Hype, here's the deal.

We have two options here. Focus on what both Kerry and Bush did 30 years ago. Bush was obviously not the exemplary guardsman. Kerry was obviously the recalcitrant Vietnam vet. These facts are clear.

What does that have to do with how they will govern this country?

Are those 30 year old issues more important to you than furtherance of foreign policy, economics and ability to work with congress? If so, why?

This current circus is cute, and somewhat amusing, but it really has no bearing on the future of this country.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Agreed. I would interject the idea, though, that the current circus does reflect the fact that many people would like to see Bush held accountable for anything at this point. As an electoral issue, it's not so much whether or not Bush served and served well, but What was such a big deal that you had to hide it like that?

And that question speaks more to the character and fitness of the candidate today than do his actions 30 years ago. The issue of privilege is secondary to the fact that Bush tries to run from it in order to muster the appearance of credibility.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2004
  8. shrubby pegasus Registered Senior Member

well bush should also be held accountable for his lack of duty. he should have to face the consequnces that the common man would face for such a failure to fulfill a military obligation

9. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"This current circus is cute, and somewhat amusing, but it really has no bearing on the future of this country."

It's interesting how different perceptions are. I don't find this circus cute nor amusing, but I know that a lack of credibility is plaguing this Presidency. Because this story hinges on the Administration's transparency and credibility in the present, and because this administration, now seeking 4 more years in power, has made radical departures in policy, it clearly has immense bearing on the future of this country.

I think that Kerry's Vietnam experience has far more parallels with the American majority than does that of GW Bush. That Kerry served with patriotism and even ruthlessness, and then arrived at and stood by the conclusion that the Vietman War was a national mistake, is far closer to the national center than is what we know of young GW Bush's experience.

I don't consider the desire to dismiss this story so much logical as it is just fatigue, disgust, and cynicism about morally disappointing politicians and the seemingly endless scandals that recur around them. Through the tawdry Clinton impeachment, most Americans seem to have missed the whole point, that a blow job was not the crime at all, but instead the deceitful reaction to the perhaps unwarranted witch hunt. What a priveleged young W actually did all those years ago is far less important than a present White House that seems intent on censoring his records to conceal something.

If Americans fully participate in democracy by learning the issues, debating them, and voting, but do not diligently insist on accountability in government, the entire activity is a charade.

10. Just thought of something really funny, most NG units are manned by native sons, so a Texan should have stood out in Alabama. Is there a collective loss of memory? What about all the people that worked with Bush in the Blount campaign, did they also forget baby Bush's presence or are they the only ones that remember him???

11. Albume27 Registered Senior Member

Michael Moore is awsome man! WOO

12. Albume27 Registered Senior Member

[B]Michael Moore is awsome man! WOO[/B]

13. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Would you care to share with us why you think so?

14. Don Hakman Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It turns out W was doing community service in a black ghetto in Texas in 72 for a cocaine bust as a compromise his father worked out with a judge who was ammenable to Congressman George Bush's "suggestion".

15. So, it turns out that CCR was singing about Baby Bush in that song?
    So, are there any documents or reports, or were they sealed?

16. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I just wanted to toast the notion that it took Michael Moore calling Bush a deserter to get the man to finally cough up what he's allegedly so proud of.

Raise a glass; thanks, Mike.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2004
  17. Albume27 Registered Senior Member

www.whatididinthewar.com

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. Albume27 Registered Senior Member

How many lives per gallon?

19. I already sent the NG Bush's present address so that they can catch this still-at-large deserter, let's see the outcome?

20. seems to me, that a Texan in the Alabama NG, would gave stood out

21. Don Hakman Registered Senior Member