C14 Dates of Coal, Oil, and Diamonds

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by IceAgeCivilizations, Dec 18, 2006.

1. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

The T. Rex paper is right. I'm surprised you haven't heard of it, Skinwalker.
    Although, it's not really what you might think. What they did was dissolve the bone and some of the veins inside the bone were soft.

A short thread on it from back when:
    http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=45937

And the science paper:
    Soft-Tissue Vessels and Cellular Preservation in Tyrannosaurus rex
    Mary H. Schweitzer, Jennifer L. Wittmeyer, John R. Horner, and Jan K. Toporski
    Science 25 March 2005; 307: 1952-1955 [DOI: 10.1126/science.1108397] (in Reports)
    http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/conte...ex&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&resourcetype=HWCIT

They probably 'disappeared from the news' because laymen were disappointed that the soft tissue wasn't what they thought it was nor did it mean what they thought it meant.

As a matter of fact, the paper is more about the similarity between T. Rex bones and bird bones, if I recall correctly.

The soft tissue thing was more sensationalism than anything else. Of no great import.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Sure, soft animal tissue surviving for "65 million" years is of no great import.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Read the paper and learn how it is that the soft tissue survived the 65 million years and the process by which it was extracted.
    You know. Learn something rather than just making assumptions based on sensationalistic news stories.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

I don't see anything about them trying to explain how "70 million year old" T-rex soft tissues could have survived for that amount of time, nexo, so please tell us what it supposedly says.

8. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Hey Nex, why did you call the find "amazing?"

9. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

I wonder why they haven't performed C14 analyses on those soft T-rex tissues?

10. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Because it was before I read the paper, Ice.
    Even after reading the paper I still find it amazing. But nowhere near as amazing as I originally thought from the news article.
    And, like I said, the paper wasn't even really about the soft tissue, it was more about the similarity of T. Rex bone formation with bird bone formation as opposed to reptile bone formation.

I'm curious. Do you understand how science works?

What makes you think they haven't?

11. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Has there ever been an animal soft tissue sample, tested for C14, which did not come back with a date in the thousands of years? The answer is no, so could this be why no C14 test has been performed, or why, if tested, the results have never been made public? That's how science works, nex.

12. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I hate to burst your bubble, but any scientist who comes up with proof of T. Rex surviving up to thousands of years ago would be world famous and inundated with research grants and accolades.

You really don't understand science at all, I'm afraid.

Anyway.
    Why are you even bringing up carbon dating? Didn't you say carbon dating was flawed?

Also, if scientists are such liars and manipulators, then what's to stop them from just claiming that they've done the tests and the results are whatever they wish them to be?

Personally, I think you're just bitter. Jealous. Regretful of past choices and intent upon escaping personal responsibility for the course of your own life.

You're a janitor, right? Or a restaurant worker?

13. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

From the Science news story on the T. Rex find:

It takes time to do research. Takes time to write up papers. Takes time to publish. Etc.. etc.. etc...
    I know that things move awfully quick at McDonalds, but science takes time.
    I doubt you've heard the last of this.

14. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Since the T-rex soft tissues are obviously much younger than as advertised by the Darwinists, are you really so stupid to not know why they wouldn't want C14 results to be known, and so, why they wouldn't want to even test them for C14, which must be there, because it is soft organic material, how stupid can you be?

15. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

What is your occupation, jack-ass trainer?

16. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Heh.
    Conspiracy theorists are funny.

Science is a conspiracy!!!!

No wonder you refuse to let any science into your posting and/or thinking habits.
    Do you fear being infected?

17. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

My occupation is no secret. I've posted about it often.
    But, I don't like you. So I'm not going to tell you.
    Suck it.

18. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

19. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

20. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Ok, do you work at McDonald's?

21. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

IAC,

How much does your book sell for?

22. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Why do you ask?

23. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

I have my reasons. Are you ashamed or paranoid about it for some reason?