Calculus AP test

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by theonlyguyever, May 8, 2003.

1. theonlyguyever omg met's lake out!!1 Registered Senior Member

Did anyone else take the CALCULUS AP TEST this morning? I took the AB version.

For that matter, is anyone else even in high school still, besides me?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Upquark Registered Senior Member

yah, you're not the only loser still in high school.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I took that version this morning. Did the multiple choice seem a little easy to you?
    I thought the test was a blast. So many straight-forward questions with so few steps.
    Areyou taking physics on monday?
    That one promises to be interesting.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. robot87 Registered Member

im in highschool

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. BloodSuckingGerbile Master of Puppets Registered Senior Member

I'm in highschool but not in USA or wherever you are.
    What is the calculus AP test?

8. orbie Registered Senior Member

The AP (Advanced Placement) test system is a big assortment of tests including subjects like math, science, foreign languages, and so on (really everything about there). Students, mainly seniors, but some underclassmen too, take these tests in hopes of earning college credit for the classes they have taken in high school. To earn college credit students must earn a 4 or 5 on tests, though I think some colleges may accept a score of 3.

9. dreamcast24 Registered Member

I am also in high school, I took the AP calc BC exam last year(junoir year) and I though it was easy so I hope all of you did well.

10. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I took the AP Calc exam that day. AB version.

My gosh... the multiple choice was easy. Like I told my teacher, I would not be suprised if I missed 3 questions or less. I do not want to sound arrogant, however that is how easy I thought it was. Others have said the same thing. I was able to check the sections twice...

When I got to the free-repsonse, it was a slightly difference beast. Mainly because I used up all my brain power on the multiple choice... I burned myself out. However, I still believe I did very well.

On the practice tests, I scored 5 on every one.

What did you guys score on the practice exames?

11. cephas1012 Registered Senior Member

I took the AP calc AB exam last year (my senior year) and scored a 5. I thought it was easy. My AP test got me into Calc 2 and physics with calculus my first year of college. I almost aced all my physics and math tests both semesters of my first year of college. 195/200 on calc 3 final which got me an A (made up for the homework I never seem to do).

12. testify Look, a puppy! Registered Senior Member

I find it so great that people start taking calculus so early. In Alberta we have Math 31 - a complete Calc course which is usually taken in grade 12. The course is not manditory, but a lot of students like to take it to get some experience with university math. Prior to taking this course most Albertan students have little or no experience with calculus. I struggled a LOT through my first (and last) calc class EVER. I was very happy when I finished it and passed it.

The odd thing is that when I went to college I knew more math than everything in my class. I was astounded at how little everyone knew (we mostly discussed simple algebra). Just happy that you guys (and gals) are all getting a REALLY GOOD education.

13. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

If it were not for some odd event in the middle of 8th grade, I would probably would have not taken AP Calculus in my senior year.. I might be in applied problem solving or something. However, I like math. I plan to make a career out of it. I am hoping for a Ph.D. in applied mathematics then work as some strategic planner or something (I like to figure out how to solve problems, not necessarly doing them

)

James Sibley

14. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

well, it's a little late, but i took the calc ab test that morning too

how did you find it? most of it was easy, except one of the essays, for me at least

15. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

There were practice exams!?

16. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

I should read the thread before i reply from now on, cause I also took the physics one

maybe a mod can combine my three posts?

17. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Well we got the practice exams out of some books. Taking them would have been a good idea, but not required.

I believe what I did was use up all my energy on the multiple choice questions. The 10 minute break we got after that did not give me enough time; I was very tired when I had to do the free response :-/

Everyone: When you get your scores in, let us know what you got

I am still waiting for mine, although some already got their scores.

James Sibley

18. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

Yea, i'm waiting for my scores as well... still

Our teacher brought in a bunch of food and drinks for everyone, a little snack made it a lot easier, I would have appreciated it for the physics one, but i didn't think to bring anything

19. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Ok.. I am sure some of you got your scores back... post them!

I made a 5, should have made a 6

20. TheXeelee Registered Member

Got a 5 on Calc. AB. Easy as pie!

21. Suicidal Registered Member

when did you guys get your scores? I haven't gotten mine and starting to think that i wont/

22. lethe Registered Senior Member

i thought they only went up to 5?? what do you mean, "6"?

23. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

They mail most of them out min-July. I know people that got theirs way before me. It will eventually come. If not by early August... raise some hell. I am glad I have mine now so I can finally register for calculus II.

The scores do stop at a 5. I was just saying I know calculus I.. I would have made a higher score... if possible.