can i turn Neo Magnets on and off?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Marrik, May 27, 2004.

1. Marrik Registered Member

is there anyway i would be able to get neo magnets i can turn on and off?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

Tell me what a neo magnet is and I'll let you know.
    Dee Cee

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Me a speaka no anglais!

What's a neo magnet?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. korey Registered Senior Member

The only magnets I know of that can be turned on and off are electromagnets.

8. bolonny Registered Member

simple awnser is no....you can however remove its magnetic poles then reinsert them when needed

9. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

Electromagnets...

An electromagnet is a type of magnet in which the magnetic field is produced by the flow of electric current. The magnetic field disappears when the current is turned off. Electromagnets are widely used as components of other electrical devices, such as motors, generators, relays, loudspeakers, hard disks, MRI machines, scientific instruments, and magnetic separation equipment, as well as being employed as industrial lifting electromagnets for picking up and moving heavy iron objects like scrap iron.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...yMHB4wO9iXatluEDGNqIFkg&bvm=bv.46471029,d.eWU

10. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Rather than electromagnets, he's probably talking about neodymium magnets. They are very common and no, the only way to "turn them off" is with heat or an excessive number of blows with something like a heavy hammer (might take a few years of hammering, though.)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!