Can Kerry do it?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Undecided, Jan 28, 2004.

1. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Doubtful. Clinton was against the Vietnam War and it didn’t hold him back. It’s patriotic to not fight in an unjust war, especially when millions of civilians are being killed.

I suppose he should’ve instead done his duty and killed a bunch of toddlers?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. gregoftheweb Registered Member

Nice.

It's not the fact that he was a legitimate war hero. It's not even the fact that he protested the war afterwards. It is the fact that he now is trying to drape himself in the former and ignore the latter. Wrapping himself in his "band of brothers". Well the vast majority of his "band of brothers" will vote against him. Very telling.

It will be only one of the many things that will prevent him from winning the presidency.

The more I read and hear about Kerry, the less worried I am about Dubya's re-election.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

The public is fickle and illogical. Yesterday they cared about marijuana use, today they don’t, for instance. A candidate has to adapt to that, especially a Democrat. A Republican can simply vow to kill all enemies and they’re in with 50% of the population, the ignorant half. If a Democrat says that, potential voters ask who the enemy is, why we need to kill them and a lot of other questions. I’m sure Kerry got his forehead botoxed. He says he didn’t. Who cares? All it says about his character is that he’s willing to stoop to white lies to save the country from the hands of Bush Co. He will have to be careful though, because Bush’s team is going to be all over his missteps. The Republicans are experts at creating full-blown scandals out of trivial issues.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.