can someone please disprove me..

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by snowflake, Jan 15, 2006.

1. snowflake Guest

the single conciousness and the maximum security illusion we are imprisoned in

through experience i have come to believe that

one is god / single conciousness

one exists here, on this earth surrounded by the projection of billions of individuals, because existing at the god level of conciousness is the most terryfing experience one can experience.. why ? because one realises one is truely alone - for infinity. single conciousness = no one else. people have forever asked why are we here, the simple answer to that i believe is because you really dont want to be experince awareness as single conciousness outside this illusion. we should all be very thankful we are here!

i truely believe i have experienced this single consciousness state. i am truley alone, and this existence on this earth is an illusion created by oneself in order to avoid the terryfing feeling of awareness at the single conciousness level.

all the people on spiritual quests to become one / union with god, do they really know what they are getting themselves into? i think not. i have to say since experiencing a union with the single conciousness i most certainly never want to go back and am quite happy here on this planet, even with all the problems we currently have here (which i think we will overcome eventually). here is a quote from "Becoming Like God: Kabbalah and Our Ultimate Destiny" by
    Michael Berg, a very well respected book ....Berg's objective in this bold work is to offer "an escape plan for the strongest maximum-security prison ever built" — a six-part God formula.

i.e. this illusion we are in can be escaped (but was set up not to be for very good reason i think) and we can have a union with god, and i must say i have not read this book yet or tried his techniques, but i am studying the kaballah and many other spiritual sources of wisdom to further deplete my ego and become a totally selfless human being.

i do not disbelieve that all of us do actually exist right here right now, and each of you reading this really are reading this right now. i am not declaring i am alone here, and no one else exists here. but in a way i think maybe I am / we all are alone here - because we lead our lives in the perception of serial time. a line moving forward one way, from birth to death. the reality from a single conciousness view is i believe, that time does not exist and all events, lives, births, deaths have all happened simultaneously in one moment. so we actually live our lives one at a time here really. i am living mine now, when you read this you are living yours. we appear to be experiencing at the same time but actually we are a single consciousness experiencing each life one at a time. this is the only logical way of thinking for me after my experiences.

im not sure what happens at death. personally i think we can choose which life we want to lead next. if we are the single consiousness then i cant see anyone else stopping us doing whatever we want? i know that contradicts my previous statement of the single conciousness experiencing each life one at a time. something i am continuosly debating with myself, as i do not wish to believe that there are people out there that are merely projections and do not contain souls.. i like the idea of souls not robots i.e. running on a kind of computer program where everything we do is already preset in a way - stephen hawkins believes in this, but he sais it doesnt matter really as we will never know anyway. i must say the thought of leading every life here that ever existed is probably more terryfing than the experience of being truely alone for infinity.

knowing what have i experienced, sometimes the possibilities dwell on me and they are not to pleasant to comprehend, but while i am here, the illusion is so perfect and great that even with the ideas/beliefs i have, im quite ok to get on with enjoying life and attempt to make the world a better place, i often forget about the terryfing experience of awareness as the single consciousness, and the possibilities of what lives one may experiences - but the thoughts always come back. ive lived with them now for 16 years. this is the first time ive shared them with anybody.

I would love to hear other peoples views on this.

** this post was edited from its original, as it had an extremly unnessesary and depressing edge on it 1st time round, ooops bad day!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2006
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

if we imagine a God.... one can imagine that such a God being.. immortal and eternal... would get bored...

hence the desire to make a universe and children...

children who can experience life and death... love and sorrow...

and who's experience and lives can be collected and preserved by God... as memories of existance....

I.e..

God gives part of himself to form life...

and we as his children know mortality.. and as our memories and so.. lives are collected after death...

God can in this way.... live as men.. and women.. threw us.

hence the need for us to be good and Godly...

rather that selfish and greeedy and evil.

-MT

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

"I think, therefore I am"
    -Rene Descartes.

Well, if you "am" because "you think", wouldn't that mean that vegetated people do not exist?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

I Am... that i am... comes from Moses... to dont confuse the source....

and vegated people exist as much as anyone...

one of the good things in Islam.. is the respect given to the disabled...

something that western cultures should adopt.

-MT

8. Spectrum Registered Senior Member

Very good post snowflake, and while I do not have time to reply to some of your points now, I will try to in the future.

By the way, do you permanently exist in a euphoria, or were you just on drugs when you wrote that post?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. snowflake Guest

LOL spectrum,

i dont know if your being sarcastic because my post was soooo depressing

.. but actually im hardly ever ever depressed and im one of the happiest people alive i promise you. i dont smoke, drink or take drugs (now). past the emotional highs I found them to be quite unhealthy and VERY delusional!

i really do feel quite euphoric most of the time, just from being healthy and experiencing emotional highs through music.

I really love and cherish life

10. Spectrum Registered Senior Member

I wasn't being sarcastic, it was nice to read your post. I'm into music too.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No, that's not it. Everyone is an island, and there is no true communication. The answers you create are born out of fear. When you transcend fear, the need for answers will dissapear, the need to symbolize a multifaceted universe with a comforting metaphor will vanish.

12. snowflake Guest

>Everyone is an island, and there is no true communication.

what do you mean by this? would you mind expanding a little more for me? im really interested in your views. from my perspective at the moment my reaction is to think that when you say EVERYONE you overlook that EVERYONE is part of your SINGLE CONCIOUSNESS.

>The answers you create are born out of fear.

they sure were, but they were also born out of experience - and just because an experience is fearful it does not mean it is not the truth.

>When you transcend fear, the need for answers will dissapear, the need to symbolize a multifaceted universe with a comforting metaphor will vanish.

i agree with you entirly, hence my posting here to help me discuss this issue, to inturn help me overcome this fear. please help if you have time, i would greatly appreciate it.

13. Spectrum Registered Senior Member

Correct. You have learnt that perhaps there are things to fear. Without fear I think life itself would not exist: fear is what keeps us on 'the straight and narrow' (and alive!)

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

There is no true communication because our brains are not connected. Everything we experience has to be converted to symbols according to our own internal dictionaries, and your dictionary may not match mine. When our dictionaries match very well, there is the possibility of non-verbal communication and such, but the most interesting experiences are the rare ones where language fails. Where I might agree with you is that there are no separate physical things or objects. I don't think there is any real "self" apart from our thoughts about it, but our field of consciousness is limited to our senses. Consciousness is a physical mechanism, and there is (yet) no hardware to bridge the gap between brains.

15. snowflake Guest

>There is no true communication because our brains are not connected. Everything we experience has to be converted to symbols according to our own internal dictionaries, and your dictionary may not match mine. When our dictionaries match very well, there is the possibility of non-verbal communication and such, but the most interesting experiences are the rare ones where language fails.

i am not sure what relevance if any, your information about language has to do with what i posted about, even after your expanded explanation. thankyou for taking the time though.

>Consciousness is a physical mechanism, and there is (yet) no hardware to bridge the gap between brains.

I believe you to be wrong - conciousness is actually NOT physical. Consciousness is real but nonphysical. Countless people over the past thousands of years can attest to consciousness existing beyond the physical, and for a more up to date scientific outlook there is much to read on this subject... here is a good freely available online source of information on this exact subject...

http://users.erols.com/wcri/CONSCIOUSNESS.html

Consciousness is connected to physical reality but is not actually physical, it is COMPLETLY SEPERATE.

I do not wish to seem rude here, but if you are going to reply to this post which i think reveals something no one has ever spoken of before (as far as i know) then make your posts relevant and your statements correct. I do not wish to get into specific arguments with you over your statements and whether you deem them to be true or false, i am all too aware of message boards being a system for ones ego to prove itself right about certain subjects in order to maintain its false sense of securtiy. I want to talk about this real issue here, i will not be sucked into any egotesitcal debates that are irrelevant to it.

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I think I understand the problem. There is only consciousness OF something, so it can't exist by itself. I'm sorry you have been depressed. It is possible to experience something like what you are talking about. The Buddhist term is enlightenment, and it refers to the dissolution of the ego, which makes way for a more pure form of experiencing reality without the intervention of symbolic thought. They call the self an illusion created by thought.

17. snowflake Guest

thankyou spidergoat
    you have made my path clear now
    i love you

18. snowflake Guest

one more thing, i dont think i have ever seen written anything about conciousness experiencing this world one at a time. this might shed some additional thought into quantum conciousness research.

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

20. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

snowflake,

Life is magic

It will serve you if you want it to. Plant the seeds of love now if that is the life you want. It will do exactly what you would hope.

I dunno if you kisten to The Who...

I'M FREE-I'm free,
    I'm free-i'm free,
    And freedom tastes of reality,
    And freedom tastes of reality,
    I'm free-I'm free,
    I'm free-i'm free,
    AN' I'm waiting for you to follow me.
    An' i'm waiting for you to follow me.

If I told you what it takes
    If i told you what it takes
    to reach the highest high,
    To reach the highest high,
    You'd laugh and say 'nothing's that simple'
    You'd laugh and say 'nothing's that simple'
    But you've been told many times before
    But you've been told many times before

Messiahs pointed to the door
    Messiahs pointed to the door
    And no one had the guts to leave the temple!
    And no one had the guts to leave the temple!

I'm free-I'm free
    I'm free-i'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    I'm free-i'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me.
    And i'm waiting for you to follow me.

Chorus:
    Chorus:

How can we follow?
    How can we follow?
    How can we follow?
    How can we follow?

Being an entity of awareness without form and company would be a boring existence.

21. snowflake Guest

you guys are brilliant

22. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

Wait I got one!.

I'm actually God! the only consciousness in existence, everyone here is a figment of my imagination which I conjured up and placed in the Universal Computer. Every living being that you ever read about, I created to amuse the passing of time for the present, every being that will exist in the future, his/her program is being writen as we speak. I created all of you, and I created what you perceive to be the universe, and all that which exist, exists in my Universal Computer. Why did I do it? Amusement, I amuses me, to throw curves and valleys in an earth which is nothing more than a tetrabite in my infinite Universal Computer. I was bored. Being the only being in existence is pretty freaking weird, I created the universe that you perceive and many others, so I can amuse myself in the Universal Program of my computer, I don't always be looking to this earht, there are literally thousands of other beigns which I created througout what you perceive the this universe and billions of others, I am eternal compared to nothing, I am Consciousness!.

Godless

23. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

you have only just begun your journey,

how did you look into the void?, did you truley see it?

what state of mind was you in, was it during meditation? i can help you alot with this problem, i too have achieved this advanced state, i can do it at will, i will nit discuss the names of the methods i use to reach higher states, this is just one, and its dangerous for your mind,

you should not do this before ridding your ego, if you see into the void before your ego is destroyed then it is not reversable your stuck with the damage it caused, but you can suppase the pain and emotions with other spiritual methods, and comming to peace with it and accepting,

if you destroy your ego then look into the void you will be enlightened and gain from it mentally,

if your ego is still there and you look into the void it will distress you and scar yyour ego, leaving a deep inprint that takes time to heal, but like a scar will never truley vanish completewly but you can live happily still with it,

then you have to take the hard route but will come out at the end stronger and very wise but with great shen, and you will also be like i am, because i looked into the void very young with ego strong and tender, but i have gone way beyond that level now i am reaching to attain buddha state,

peace