Cancer Is Man Made

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by jmpet, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I have never worked with those particular organizations, but due to some bad decisions early in life I have spent most of my career working in various government offices. As they say, "Once you've seen how the sausage is made, you'll never eat it again."

Unfortunately, we have no choice but to eat this particular sausage.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

Eso
    you have been determined to be an extremist/alarmist..
    as such any views by you would be taken with a grain of salt..
    do not get all butt hurt because no one is listening to you..
    you have put up your links and have communicated your thoughts..it is NOT your responsibility to make everyone believe you..your ONLY responsibility is to share what you know to be true..the rest is up to the reader..
    any more than that will get you in trouble..(i have seen ppl banned for less)
    just thought i would share that with you..

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Skeptical Registered Senior Member

To Esotericist

I have worked, over my long career, with many government bodies. I have worked alongside the scientists who carry out the research that government needs, to make sure their facts are straight. Now I admit, these were New Zealand people, not American, so I cannot vouch for American government bodies, or American researchers from personal experience. However, those I have worked with also work with other countries, including America.

I fully respect those I have worked with. They are intelligent, dedicated and professional. When they tell me that their equivalents in the USA are also intelligent, dedicated, and professional, then I believe them.

It is also true that crackpot organisations show their mettle by attacking their betters. I have not accused you of being a crackpot, but it is clear that you have been influenced in your beliefs by others who are crackpots.

For your own edification, and proper education, I strongly suggest you pay a lot less attention to web sites prepared by eccentric lobby groups, and concentrate more on those of reputable nature, whose statements are based on good science.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

I think there are so many things you dont know about and give your opinion on it anyway. Very generous of you to share...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Seriously though, once again you are TALKING OUT OF YOUR ASS. This time it is Fluoride.:shrug:

Gosh (golly) all you need is googoo.

8. jmpet Valued Senior Member

Dude- chill out. I have been here two years or so and have a good read on the posters here. I have come to the conclusion that this is good forum full of wise people who post insightful comments in the hopes of pushing threads along to their logical conclusion.

To someone like you, this is like a field day because of so many intelligent (i.e. not screaming at the top of their lungs) people here.

Most people here don't buy any conspiracy theories- I sure don't because I have yet to see one come to a new light.

We are not ignorant sheeple (God I hate that word), and yelling your point only makes you look foolish. This forum is based on facts.

PS- If Fraggle told me the sky was red, I would second guess my thoughts on the color of the sky.

9. *~PriNcesS~* Registered Member

Agree

I'm sure you've heard this " Follow the money trail" governmont wants us all ill because $$ is in drugs. and if you go to Rxlist.com and put in couple of popular drugs like xanax,pritiq... and read the side effects, in the long term they're not even treating us they're making us to become more ill and addicted to drugs. it's like a secret war (government against it's own people) I'm sure you folks notice that a popluar yesterday drugs become a recall story on newsline day after and a day after you see all this advertisements from DAs on law suits. the point i'm trying to make is that the government not even trying to treat the illness. they develop addictions more and more.and they make us become a permanent drug users.:shrug: so that we never grow out of fear, fear of bankruptcy, fear of illness, remember the swine flu? or all this flu nonsense I work in the health facility and not once I went and got the flu shot, it's all a big SCAM that governments produces to not only empty out our pockets but to keep us under fear and pressure. if it's not flu today it'll be the stock market...swine flu...cancer....salmonella...ALL MAN MAID ALL.....:shrug:

10. John99 Banned Banned

11. jmpet Valued Senior Member

Princess- you're slightly off topic but I'll add my two cents. I take a lot of medicines-9 per day... and I am 40. I can do without most of them but there's a few that keep me both alive and sane.

These are things that there is no magic bullet for- some medicines are essential- like nitro for a heart patient or insulin. There is no vast conspiracy to keep us all medicated although based on the evening news' commercials it sure looks that way.

Sometimes I forget to take my meds. I feel it the next day both physically and mentally. There have been times I stopped taking them and it has landed me back in the hospital.

Although I object to the notion of a pill for everything, the concept of medicine is well founded and goes way back to the stone age- when they put moss on an open wound.

I think you have yet to have a doctor tell you "take two of these every day or die".

12. *~PriNcesS~* Registered Member

get a grip on these

Rxlist.com

pdr.net

drugs.com/pdr

"Drugs can affect the brain and the body so dramatically that an overly large dose can actually kill the user."

-learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/addiction/drugs/

13. John99 Banned Banned

14. Skeptical Registered Senior Member

Just a comment on the idea that the government is somehow a conspiracy making the people ill.

Conspiracy theory is well studies by competent researchers. There is one basic principle which hopefully all of you can easily grasp. It is this...

When too many people are part of a conspiracy, it will be betrayed.

If the conspiracy is the kind mentioned in forum posts here, then secrecy is vital. If someone becomes a whistleblower, the conspiracy is destroyed. So how likely is that?

Research has come up with the "magic" number seven. Not magic, actually - just an average. On average, a conspiracy with 7 members has a 50% chance of being betrayed. More than 7 means the chance of betrayal is over 50%. The more members, the higher the risk of betrayal.

The kind of conspiracy mentioned here would have hundreds, if not thousands, of members. The probability of there being a whistle blower is so high that we can treat it as certainty. In reality, there would be many whistle blowers betraying the conspiracy.

The classic example of conspiracy and betrayal is the Mafia. The criminal 'families' require absolute secrecy, and no-one talking to the police. They have a superb disincentive system in place. "Talk and we will kill you!" In spite of this, the number of Mafia betrayals is now dozens. Why? Simply because the number of people in these conspiracies is way over the "magic" number.

So government conspiracies to make or keep people sick is just fiction. If they existed, there would be too many betrayers for each to be able to get news media time!

15. *~PriNcesS~* Registered Member

16. *~PriNcesS~* Registered Member

sadly it is! just like with everythingelse in here. look at your cloths tags ? how many of them actually contains MADE IN USA? same theory over and over and over, we pay high $ to buy from Victoriassecret.com (popular clothing site) and when we get them it says : MADE IN MEXICO! so some one's stealing our $ here right? same thing with walmart,mac.D,every single store , Hp 30,000 jobs shipped to china? someone rather than the ceo signed it, I'm sure CEOs signature is the last one, you need the managers,co-exec...and for big companies it's diffinately more than 7 members to vote someone out. and but away not trying to bring out controversy over Hp and election and stuff like that just used an Example of how giant companies betray their own people and these companies report to IRS and IRS is made in? USA , so the government that does nothing to fix these leaks is no different than the government that betrays. is as if these companies bribing the government to HUsh it up. pharmaceutical companies do the same why do you think health care hasn't gotton enywhere for this long? IRAN has free healthcare for "CRYING OUT LOUD" if I get a nose job it will cost me $1500 including the airfair and hotel and in-pt hospital if I get it here well I get bankrupt!

it's a big loss for pharmaceutical companies. if you follow the money you get where I'm going.

17. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

18. Skeptical Registered Senior Member

Esotericist

I call bullsh!t.

The primary reason cancers were rarer in times past is simply age. In ancient Egypt, the average life span was about 20. Very few people get cancer that young. However, life was hard in those times. For example : young people lost almost all their teeth due to the highly abrasive nature of the food they chewed. This also led to premature problems like weakened bones (due to poor diet). All of the mummies were of wealthy people who ate lousy over-rich diets, leading to premature hardening of the arteries.

Cancer causing agents are widespread and common in natural plants, including food plants. They are present in larger amounts in older genetic stock, since they taste bitter, and modern breeders have bred the bitterness and hence the carcinogens out of them. Most of those natural carcinogens are natural pesticides, evolved to reduce insect attack. Because they kill insects, they also can cause harm to other animals, including humans.
    http://www.garfield.library.upenn.edu/papers/vethumtoxicology31(6)p589y1989.html

I quote :

"Bruce N. Ames of the University of California, Berkeley, has studied natural pesticides produced by all plants to ward off insects, fungi, and other predators. In a recent letter to Science (244:755- 7, May 19, 1989), Ames points out that we ingest about 10,000 times more natural pesticides, by weight, than synthetic pesticides. Of the 42 plant toxins so far tested on laboratory animals, 20 have been shown to be carcinogens, Ames notes. Among the foods containing natural pesticides that cause cancer in rats or mice, he says, are: anise, apples, bananas, basil, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, cantaloupe, carrots, cauliflower, celery, cinnamon, cloves, cocoa, grapefruit juice, honey�dew melon, horseradish, kale, mushrooms, mustard, nutmeg, orange juice, parsley, parsnips, peaches, pineapples, radishes, tarragon, and turnips."

The point I am making here is that humans have always consumed carcinogens. Cancer has always been a part of human existence.

19. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

eh. . . call bullshit all you want. You are wrong, accept it. Mummies are your control group. England is your modern survey sample. It's proved. Debate over.

20. Skeptical Registered Senior Member

Mummies are a non typical group. You have selected a group of corpses from one ethnic group, from one social class, most of which are too young to have developed cancer. And you generalise from that. Yes, I call bullsh!t.

There have been numerous claims that one group or another do not get cancer. Further research, to date, has proven each claim wrong. I predict this claim will be shown to be wrong also. Once researchers accurately date the age of death of those mummies, and select those of cancer prone age, I predict the detected cancers will be very similar to today's.

Incomplete research is no basis for sweeping claims such as you have made.

21. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

I was watching a Discovery programme quite a while back in which it was said that a mummy had a cancerous growth which was not the cause of death of something along those lines.

22. Skeptical Registered Senior Member

The ancient Egyptians were well aware of cancer, and recorded it in hieroglyphics.
    http://cancer.about.com/od/historyofcancer/a/cancerhistory.htm

I quote :

"The world's oldest documented case of cancer hails from ancient Egypt, in 1500 b.c. The details were recorded on a papyrus, documenting 8 cases of tumors occurring on the breast. It was treated by cauterization, a method to destroy tissue with a hot instrument called "the fire drill." It was also recorded that there was no treatment for the disease, only palliative treatment.

There is evidence that the ancient Egyptians were able to tell the difference between malignant and benign tumors. According to inscriptions, surface tumors were surgically removed in a similar manner as they are removed today. "

So on the suggestion that the ancient Egyptians did not get cancer, I call bullsh!t a thousand times.

23. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

I think you are REALLY missing the point in a very big way indeed. No one ever said that there were NO cancer cases in ancient Egyptian society, only that it was, by comparison, much rarer than later civilizations. And indeed, by comparison to today's standards? Virtually unknown. Just my take on that though.
    If you care to see the scientific reality, supported by data and studies, and not quote to me some opinion piece, some historical human interest story that proves nothing, and that states it has the approval of a "medical editorial board," feel free. The stuff you are presenting to me, by comparison, as your back up source, quite frankly, is a joke. It tells nothing, it states nothing about studies, and describes nothing.

Causes of rarity of cancer in ancient human populations