Cant find proper room

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Dirty Dan, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Dirty Dan And knowing is half the battle Registered Senior Member

Is there a room to discuss tarantulas? I am saving up to buy either a rose-hair or coblat blue tarantula w/aquarium and supplies. Anyone else here experienced with tarantulas? My goal is to eventually get a goliath bird-eater.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

biology section of a forum

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. jmpet Valued Senior Member

This is as good a place as any.

Tarantulas? Whatever, man.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

If you want to discuss Tarantula's in general 'Biology & Genetics' would be best, but if you want to discuss keeping them as pets you can do it here or in 'About the Members'.

8. Dirty Dan And knowing is half the battle Registered Senior Member

Just reaching out to see if anyone else collects these creatures or has them for pets.

9. draqon Banned Banned

well the dudes and gals who collected them and had them for pets are no longer here...sadly...

Kind of makes you wonder what made them never come back....if they are here with us...alive that is

10. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Draqon, tarantulas aren't all that dangerous, and not deadly at all - unless you are allergic.

As to the topic, I sold them back when I had a pet shop (in the 70's) but they weren't my favorites. I tend to dogs, cats, fish and snakes/lizards, in that order. But I do remember that they tended to "brush" the hair off their backside when aggravated. I'm sure this a trait you are acquainted with, right?

The people that bought them from me seemed to have a relatively easy time keeping them alive... dry environment, heat lamps and bowls of water available

... at least I had no complaints, which I can't say about the fish, dogs, etc...

Good luck with your journey, I'm sorry I don't remember more...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. draqon Banned Banned

journey?

12. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

quest?

13. draqon Banned Banned

well my whole life is a quest and a puzzle...from nuclear clouds in Chernobyl in date of my birth, to 3 different religions I was introduced to, to sister I never knew I had, and not to forget the constant struggle to find a "home" moving from country to country from state to state...its life thats a quest.

14. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

You'll find "home" eventually - move to Russia, then back to the good ol' US of A - you'll be home then. (Don't forget I'm Russian too)

Anyway, maybe Dirty Dan's life / quest includes tarantulas - that's cool with me, what about you?