Can't You People...

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by pixel, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Yeah, I thought he was much older too. Just goes to show what you can assume from peoples posting style and their avatars

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

I never would have guessed he was adopted either. Man, you think you know people.
    morons

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pixel Registered Senior Member

Well Jaysus. What's wrong with putting your thoughts in context for the people you're virtually hanging out with? It's not like anyone's putting a gun to anyone's head, either.

And by the way... Yes I am in Toronto and yes that's me in the avatar. Yes, I teach. Yes, I'm extremely immature for my age -- even though I have grown-up responsibilities I can't get past 14 and sometimes I'm sure I've been tricked into believing that I was born in 1970 even though my brain and body say no way. My profile is pretty honest. Not to say everyone else's profile is dishonest... They're just skimpy.

So, like, I'm the oldest member here, right? Holy mackerel.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2004
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Chagur was in his 70s while he posted

It's not that. I'm just fully comfortable with speaking with little names and avatar pictures on my screen. For all I know you all are chatbots. Somehow I like the idea.

8. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

I would never write my autobiography. I have nothing to say in it. I don't even know where to start. Like me as is, and if you wish to know me better, stalk me out and read all of my posts.

Heheh, to me, all humans are humans, dear friends until proven otherwise.

9. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Why?...adopted kids exude some sort of an adopted kids vibe?

10. Roman Banned Banned

So Avatar and Lou were the only ones to catch on to Sarge's mocking... interesting.

Hey Sarge, how're your muscles coming? Lookin liek teh brad pit yet?

11. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

im 16. i got in a car crash 3 weeks after getting my liscense. it was an accident. im a junior in high school. i only have a 4.0, despite the fact that all my grades are weighted. I have no girlfriend, but am not gay. i play halo 2 and Frag. i have an enormous test on existentialism tomorrow. i hate you guys for distracting me :m:

12. pixel Registered Senior Member

And whatever happened to Chagur? Did he croak, and does this portend the same fate for whomever is oldest here?

13. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Got bored and left...it happens to anyone who stays here long enough.

14. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Except for Tiassa.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Peace.

15. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Some have higher pain threshold than others. I think he just needs an audience for his brilliance...he has heard, seen, read it all already...he just needs readers for his words now.

16. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Below is a miniautobiography of yers truly. If ya wanna read a little more about me, go see my bio at my homepage.

My name is Patrick Vroman. Some people call me "Rick". Some call me "Peter". I go by "Athelwulf" on the Internet.

I live in Klamath Falls, Oregon, USA. I was born there on August 5th, 1988 and have lived there since. I am 16 years old. I am the older brother of my two siblings, a brother and a sister.

I am a Junior in high school. I am the Junior class treasurer and an editor for my high school's newspaper.

What kind of music I listen to depends on my mood. I like Coldplay, Evanescence, Nickelback, Linkin Park, Metallica, Black Eyed Peas, Keane, Avril Lavigne, Michelle Branch, and Britney Spears.

I am a libertarian-leaning liberal. I'm mostly a radical, but I agree with conservatives on some things. But overall, I'm like a hippy. I have a very open mind about things.

I am a Pantheist. I usually tell people that I'm Atheist so that I don't have to bother explaining what a Pantheist is. I don't like it when people think they are so sure there's a God, but I'm tolerant of their beliefs, and I can even be friends with them.

I would consider myself a right-brain kind of man. I listen to music a lot, write, take pictures, learn about languages, and think about stuff. I have a deep interest in ethics, philosophy, and other abstract things.

I am a Leo with a Taurus Moon and a Scorpio Ascendant. Pluto and Mars are the rulers of my chart and are fairly strong in my chart - Pluto because it's in Scorpio, a sign it rules, and is close to the Ascendant line; Mars because it's in Aries, a sign it rules, and it rules Scorpio, my Ascendant, with Pluto.

My Native American animal spirit is the bolf, a bear-wolf hybrid. It is a very rare animal spirit. Throughout all known Native American history, there have only been a few people known to have been a bolf.

I am a social kind of person. I absolutely hate being alone. I cling to people that are friendly to me. Friendly people are hard to find, so I try to hang out only with those people.

I'm a very curious and inquisitive man. If I have any kind of interest in something, I disect it and learn it intimately.

I get very angry sometimes. I'm very vindictive. I love to get my own way and have a say in things that concern me.

I found SciForums on the 17th of June, 2004. I forgot how I found the place, but I know that I had seen this place before that date. The "Three Word Story" thread was responsible for making me register. I wanted to post in it.

After a while, I started to journey more out of the Cesspool, and I found a wealth of threads I was interested in. I jumped right in and started posting, sharing my opinions and my knowledge with the rest of the SciForumers.

I am a proud, regularly-posting member of SciForums today. I enjoy posting my views of the world and having people I don't know read them. I've made friends here. I actively IM four members here, and I have referred four of my friends. I now have over 1000 posts.

17. pixel Registered Senior Member

Mm hmm. My leg's being pulled, right? NOBODY's had that much happen to them.

18. pixel Registered Senior Member

See? Bios are so interesting.

19. Insanely Elite Questions reality. Registered Senior Member

You asked, Dollface.
    Perhaps that is one of the tragically hip things about the web.
    I 'could' be a 14 year old girl pullin' yer leg.
    There is no way to prove anything in cyberspace.
    Yet all I wrote is indeed the truth.
    I left out the more esoteric events.
    Maybe it is because you are a teacher that I didn't list many failed college attempts.
    My distant brother is a classics professor.
    Maybe that's why I took the chance of a bio. I can get rather paranoid.
    Connection. Isn't that why we communicate.
    I have nothing to gain by putting on airs.

20. pixel Registered Senior Member

Oh, no worries there -- I was and am the worst student in history. I'm a good teacher -- not by virtue of my formal education, but by virtue of the fact that I was too smart to do well in school. Ehehe.

21. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

I am a five year old man in a thong.

22. pixel Registered Senior Member

That's exactly -- but EXACTLY -- how I pictured you.

23. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

While not exactly my biography, the following describes me pretty closely.