Carcano's Dating Tips for Girls!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Carcano, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Carcano Valued Senior Member

If you think eugenics is bad...try natural selection. Before humans started interfering with vaccines most humans didnt even live to see their first birthday.

The German league of Girls taught their students how to serve their families, their nation, and also how to be self-sufficient. Aside from domestic tasks, young girls would learn survival techniques in nature, horseback riding, fencing, how to shoot pistols, and agricultural skills.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I would have thought pianoforte and crocheting swastikas onto pillows - to say nothing of singing or annotated reading from Mein Kampf - more than sufficient for the upbringing of any sensible young lady.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Cavalier Knight of the Opinion Registered Senior Member

I've left that behind, even in the passage you quoted, and moved on to giving actual dating advice.

My point is that is she is unsatisfied with her current situation, then maintaining the same strategy for finding a boy is simply crazy (in the "doing the same thing again and again, but expecting different results" sense). Couple that with the fact that the long term relationship market (aka the "marriage market") has changed substantially since the 1950s.

"Set high standards, never deviate from them, and wait until someone who meets each and every one of the criteria comes along" is a very pre-1960s strategy that fails to account for the changes in bargaining power between the sexes since the advent of the Pill and other major social changes.

A better and simpler strategy (though not the only alternative) is to go for boys who are entertaining to her or who make her happy, and to temporarily set aside all the other considerations. Part of being happy with a particular guy, imo, will be trying not to focus on whats "wrong" with him, but what is "right" (unless the bad traits are simply too overwhelming to ignore, like he beats her). She can then use the experience to hone her sense of what her criteria are really important, as most people find that their requirements change over time (because what they thought was important isn't, and certain traits they overlooked are).

She should also read up on the Game Theory of relationships. If she is the rationalist you suggest, then the game theory will interest her, and the experiments in dating guys who might seem suboptimal based on her current criteria should also hold some appeal. If she adopts the "find guys who entertain her" strategy, as I suggest, it also won't be much of a chore. (This assumed there are any entertaining guys who are interested in her.)

You had said that, using her criteria, there must be 10 guys available for her to date in her school. That is not an amply supply. Of those 10, it's highly likely that none will be all that interested in her and some of them will doubtlessly be involved in other relationships. Plus, in the west, men generally choose which women to approach, so even if a few of those 10 are available and could be tempted, they still might never pull the trigger on your niece, as they may be busy pursuing other women (because those others are more attractive to those boys, because those other girls seem less demanding, more fun, or any of a million other reasons, etc.)

None of this has anything to do with her ideology as a Nazi, a Buddhist, an alien being from the planet Blargon 5, etc.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Ah yes because there is such a "mystic" about the slaughter of who cultures, the torture, force sterilisation, barbaric "experimentation and slaughter of anyone disabled, mentally ill, gay or just different an the invasion of hundreds of independent countries and the torture and murder of there citizians. The slaughter of over 60 MILLION people

8. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Never heard of 'game theory' but I'll look into it, thanks.

9. Carcano Valued Senior Member

I can see you know little about WWII...:bugeye:

10. Bells Staff Member

I have to wonder how she has taken an interest in something a girl her age should in theory, find repugnant. Your comments earlier about eugenics, or your interpretation of it, would only amount to the forced sterilisation of disabled people. How has she developed such a philosophy? You seem to defend it quite a bit, so I have to wonder if it is your influence perhaps? Is she showing an interest in it to have something to talk to you about?

Vital skills needed in today's world..

If serving their families and nation also amounted to over-seeing the expulsion of Jews and making sure they were not taking any of their own items of value with them as they were forced from their homes, sure! You can try and defend Nazism and eugenics as much as you want. We aren't that stupid...

For her dating advice. I'm sorry, but I find it a bit creepy that you, her uncle and guardian, are looking for advice on how to get her a date and/or boyfriend. She is 17 years of age, it will come when it comes. She is wise to keep her political and philosophical ideology to herself, as I doubt boys or men would find it appealing that the girl they want to spend time with and have sex with is into Nazi ideology and eugenics, so in that sense, she already knows how to play the field.

She will either have to not be so picky and expect absolute perfection that ticks off all of her ideals, because she will soon learn that no one is that perfect. Everyone has a fault or two (at the very least) and that is what makes people human. But if it has gotten to the point that she is looking at posture and what noises they make, then one could say she is being a bit too picky and may possibly be using it as an excuse to not date anyone yet because she may simply not be ready to.

11. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Certainly she has been influenced by me, but probably more so by the books she reads.

One of her favourites is 'Revolt Against the Modern World' by Julius Evola.

And no, neither of us advocate the sterilization of disabled people. There are many forms of eugenic theories and programs.

12. Carcano Valued Senior Member

There definitely was anti-jewish propaganda involved in the youth education, but no "overseeing of expulsions" or any such thing. Most Germans had vague ideas about what was going on, but the full extent of the abuse was not revealed until the end of the war.

13. Bells Staff Member

Then you obviously don't know that much about the war either.

14. Carcano Valued Senior Member

I happen to have read whole books on the subject...not just wiki links.

15. Bells Staff Member

I do not doubt it, seeing that you seem to be quite a sympathiser and defender of Nazi ideology. Of course she is going to be influenced by you and read such books, or more to the point, take such a keen interest in it. You see, I read such books at her age as well, but the difference between your niece and myself is that I read it with a feeling of revulsion. Not just for the pro-Nazi ideology, but also for the manner in which girls were trained to be subservient to the males and were literally taught that their main role in society was to give birth to racially pure children, especially boys.

Ah yes, the selfish fascist who eventually went to work for the Schutzstaffel...

Pray tell, what form of eugenic theories do you support and advocate?

So have I. Some of us do read and aren't stupid about such matters.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Of course, when you link wiki links, that is acceptable.

16. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Evola did work for the Nazis as a researcher when he was a young man. Later in life he disavowed these associations as well as his relations with the fascist party in Italy. He goes on at some length about the ideological reasons for this in his books. I can post the chapters if you wish.

As for what form of eugenics I personally would support...it would be the sterilization of hardcore criminals. And I dont mean people who have brought harm only to themselves.

17. Bells Staff Member

He distanced himself from his associating with the SS and with fascism in general for self preservation. Evola was inherently selfish and cared only about his being and his own existence. He was an avid anti-semite who saw the eradication of Jews as helping to bring forth racial purity, since Jews were seen, by him, as having sullied the white race. In fact, he helped write and disseminate anti-semitic propaganda. I won't even bother to go into how he viewed blacks.

I know of Evola, I read his books. You do not need to quote any passages or chapters of his works. I have read them. Unlike you, I understood his reasoning for distancing himself from his earlier ideology. He simply did not want to go to jail. His excuses were blatant. He was solely concerned with self-preservation.

You see, you lost me at:

"As for what form of eugenics I personally would support"

That sentence right there is disturbing to me. You didn't even need to go further.

18. Carcano Valued Senior Member

I can tell just from that statement that you in fact havent read his books. He spent his entire life promoting the mysticism of India, Japan, China as well as his own European hermetic traditions.

19. Carcano Valued Senior Member

If you didnt want a straightforward answer...why did you ask the question?

20. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Then you seem to already know the solution to your problems and hers ...

Never underestimate the importance of being a functional person, whatever society you live in.

21. Bells Staff Member

To push his own ideals.

The man was selfish to the core and concerned himself greatly with ensuring racial purity. He promoted mysticism, but more along the lines of how it would serve his ideals. He was also very much into sexual exploration but was an avid homophobe. You can try and portray him as a kind and gentle soul who was into mysticism, but the reality is far different. In short, the man was a tool.

You did not need to give a full answer. To believe that eugenics has a place or role in society and to defend the core of Nazi ideology and to try and pass Evola as some kind of weird mystic, really, who do you think you're fooling here? We are not your 17 year old niece. As much as you may try to defend the ideology you and now your niece seem to be into, to put it bluntly, it's just not going to fly.

I mean you're here asking where to find an 'alpha male' for your niece.. That she is looking at things like posture and what kind of noises they make and do not make.. The first thing that came to my mind was 'she is not a baboon'. Jokes aside, but do you see how strange this whole thread is? The fact that you and she are heavily into Nazism and all that went with it, from the Hitler Youth to Evola and eugenics aside, you are essentially here asking how to find her an alpha male. To put it bluntly, what the hell dude?

Wynn, and as much as she and I rarely agree, gave you some very good advice. While she may not realise that the Nazism influence may be stemming from you, the advice she provided to help your niece through this obviously difficult time was sound. Your response seems to indicate that it may be you who is or has the problem. For example, when you say this:

Are you concerned that a psychologist may not share your philosophy and that this may somehow make her question you, your beliefs, influence and your authority? What do you mean by 'ordinary'? Psychologists are educated individuals, trained to help people like your daughter deal with the grief and ongoing issues that teenagers often face when they lose a parent. Why would you resist possibly getting her some help or allowing her to challenge or be challenged to think outside the square you seem to have influenced her into entering?

And then when you say this:

Which begs the question, why would you ask a community you view as being cynical, with cynicism being something you declared your niece detested, how to find an 'alpha male' for your niece?

22. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

HA what a joke, you know what I did last night? I spent the night with a group of kids who stood guard on the war manorial to honour the very dead you dismiss, it's what I do every year on ANZAC eve right through to the dawn service. This year is the 70th aniversery of the attack on Darwin. It's you who has no idea about WW2, your the one who I supporting the most distructive ideology that has ever been and is responsible for the most deaths in history over 70 MILLION many of them civilians and specifically children and you think that is to be admired???? Are you nuts? YOU need to see a psychologist because you have some serious issues and the sad thing is that you think this is the intelligent attitude.

23. Bells Staff Member

As much as I am not happy defending him..

Ermm the Holocaust perpetrated by the Nazi's resulted in approximately 11 million or so deaths. Some put the estimate at around 15 million if not slightly higher. Of that figure, 6 million Jews perished, along with millions of Romani, and millions of Soviet and Polish citizens, and homosexuals, disabled individuals, other people of certain religious faiths and persuasions, and political opponents.