CAT scan induced hallucinations

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by draqon, Jan 4, 2008.

1. draqon Banned Banned

Yesturday I went for a CAT scan of my head. The purpose of the scan was to identify any problems of my sinuses and rule out/in a possibility of induced sinusitis from fungi or perhaps a common allergy...which I experience. However the CAT scan had some adverse unexplained effects on me...after being told to lay still for 8 minutes...in the beginning of the minute I started experiencing hallucinations with my eyes closed, the hallucinations were synchronological rhytmic and looked of shapes such as the psychological IQ test given images

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

these were expanding and contracting back and forth and I soon lost any feeling of my body, any time when I tried to take my mind away from it by thinking of an object I could not as I could not image anything and could not think of a shape of it and size...the shapes I saw while my eyes were closed were half dream half reality for me, I felt as though my fingers were turning large and at the same time turning very narrow and small, I tried to think of anything else but I could not, at some point it became so painfully visual for me because these shapes were expanding and contracting very fast and they became very large visual images for me (as though it was another world I was looking at and I was small in it) that I wanted the doctor to stop the scanning but I did not because....I decided to open my eyes slowly a bit to see the ceiling of the room I was in so that I can focus on its size and its shape and thus I could cope with the visual imagery I was hallucinating of...it helped greatly and my dizziness ( I started feeling like I was on a boat) had slowly faded.

The doctor soon released me after 8 minutes, that seemed like eternity for me and asked me, "Wasn't it fun?"

After which I stared back at him in disbilief and horror and told him "that was crazy"

...When I asked him about what I saw, he declined any experience of any sideffects of the machine inducing such visual images that I have experience... so now I am surfing the internet to find any other people who have experienced the same.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Sputnik Banned Banned

Dragon,

Was it a CAT-scan or a MR-scan (= MRI-scan ) ?
    Theoretically, inducing a magnetic field ( MR scan ) on your brain , could induce hallucinations - but I haven´t heard of anyone getting it so far ......
    A CAT-scan can NOT even theoretically induce hallucinations ...........

Have you done what I adviced you earlier - when we PM´d and e-mail´d some time ago ????
    If not, and if you still have the symptoms you described to me ........then do EXACTLY what I adviced you to do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care , dragon - I wish you all the best ...Sputnik ..

:m:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

oh local psychiatric =p ... it was a CAT scan...rotating x-ray machine

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Sputnik Banned Banned

OK - you know , what to do ........... and tell them everything , like you told me ...not just this thing now , with the CAT- scan ..............
    Don´t worry - it´l be fine , Dragon .......... the sooner the better .....

:m:.

8. draqon Banned Banned

your saying it like I got some sort of problem...

9. Myles Registered Senior Member

I have had four such scans to date wityhou noticing a thing. I understand that seem people feel claustrophobic.

10. draqon Banned Banned

am I that claustrophobic?

11. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Sounds like the start of a mushroom trip to me :shrug:

12. Myles Registered Senior Member

You tell me. Claustrophobia induces panic attacks, which might explain why some people have problems. I did not suggest you were claustrphobic; I simply told you what I know from my own experience and that of others I have spoken to

13. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Ha, I was going to say the same thing. My experience with shrooms induced a similar effect. Whenever I closed my eyes, I would see a vivid myriad of shapes, expanding and contracting. :m:

14. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

were you injected with contrast?

theoretically if you were alergic to that it MAY have that effect on you although normal symptoms are rush of heat, light headedness, possably anaphalatic shock

15. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

I've had a whole series of both CAT and MRI scans and have never experienced anything even similar to that. I did have a small bit of a heat rush once from the contrast chemical but that was all.

Seems to me you have a slight psychological problem rather than having experienced a physiological one.

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Really? It made you hot? I got the chills. I remember thinking "I wish they would have heated it before they injected it"

17. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Remember that was only once out of a whole SERIES of both MRI and CAT scans. I was chilled, too - thats because they keep those places so doggoned cold all the time!

18. draqon Banned Banned

I now realize that the hallucinations were induced by intense pressure from the head mounted unit pressing into my ears