Celebrities

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Mickmeister, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

Something I have never understood about most people is why they seem to care so much about celebrities. It's not like they know them personally. What good does it do someone to know what a celebrity is doing with their life, other than to have something of meaningless gossip with other people about?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Janus58 Valued Senior Member

I don't get it either. I can see admiring someone for their body of work whether it being acting, music or whatever and being interested in that work, but what they do outside of that doesn't interest me one bit. I don't care who they are married to, what their hobbies are etc.

For those that are, I think that in some cases, it give them a false sense of intimacy with the celebrity; That somehow knowing all this personal stuff about them brings them "closer together".

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

There are different types of people who care about the celebrates. There are the normal kind that just enjoy certain celebrates for their work in whatever genre they are affiliated with. Then there are those who want to know allot about them and those are serious fans. Groupies come next along. Of course we all know the media always wants to be around them.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.