...change the facts.

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by Andre, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Andre Registered Senior Member

Einstein's advice (?)..

... is the concluding remark here.

Happens all the time.

Or

"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."

Reminds me of Winston in Orwells 1984..

We live indeed in very very dark ages.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cazzo Registered Senior Member

Stuff like this gives science a bad name......

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

The more often that you tell a lie about something the quicker it becomes a truth.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Andre Registered Senior Member

Fortunately many people stopped calling global warming 'science' a long time ago.

8. John L Registered Member

You are Spot On Andre! If the facts don't jive, change them. After all, it is imperative that certain groups obtain more Power/grants/prestige/readers, and this topic is the perfect topic to ride into the future.

Unfortunately, the sun is not going to allow for this much longer. Since 2005 we have been experiencing a much more tranquil sun than recently, and this will begin to manifest it's self as a lagging indicator. And it is just around the corner.

Here is today's sunspot activity. note how busy it is.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

NOTE: to show that I am not sandbagging you, check the date in the address window.

9. Andre Registered Senior Member

I found this a useful resource, John

10. iceaura Valued Senior Member

How many threads does something like this have to be debunked in before it goes away ?

IIRC the one about how the ice cap in the Arctic had returned to its former dimensions, thereby wiping out all the melting that the alarmists had been worried about, so we were back where we started and there was no Arctic melting, turned up in four threads after it had been debunked in its first appearance.

They all go away, after a while - the one about the satellites showing cooling rather than warming, the one about the glaciers growing in Antarctica so there was no global warming, the one about Mars showing global warming so it must be the sun, the one about the 400 "scientists" signing a petition to have Al Gore declared wrong (four or five more about Al, including the "34 mistakes according to a judge". Apparently if Al Gore can be discredited that will settle the whole argument).

And then they come back, after the debunking links have quit working an the arguments need restating at length.

I supppose I am curious about where the rhetoric comes from - obviously some though went into quoting Einstein, and so forth, as each mention has and I'm sure will. This is a marketing campaign.

Update on that ice cap, long as we're at it: http://igloo.atmos.uiuc.edu/cgi-bin/test/print.sh?fm=06&fd=05&fy=2007&sm=06&sd=05&sy=2008

We're apparently already back to something more like 2007, the all time record low for Arctic ice. So all those threads were BS. Funny that. So is this one.