Chart Descriptions

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Booby, May 19, 1999.

1. Booby Guest

So far, I have been unable to find a reference to what all the display charts mean that we are looking at while processing packets. Does anyone have a really good explanation. Like how much actual power is the Peak power we see listed? How much actual time does one packet cover in what would be a realtime recording? What I see on the page seems to represent that one packet was taken from a one second spot on a tape. What are all the spikes, noise, xmtr signals, etc.?
    I have mine running in the constant mode, and would like to find out more about what we are seeing here. Thanks all, Booby

------------------
    Unlimited thinking equals unlimited man.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mid12am Guest

If you go to the web site they do a pretty good job of explaining what exactally each phase of the scan is looking for..

I do agree that they should do a better job of telling us what we are seeing when we run the program..

But I guess if we actually knew what it was we were looking at it wouldn't be as interesting..

------------------
    (Midnight@golden.net)
    (Ouch.my.head)
    (http://home.golden.net/~midnight/)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bottica Guest

Mid12am is correct Booby,... go and have another look at their web site... I had to...and I am still not excatly sure about it all...!
    Maybe once we look at it a bit more, read more about it, compare what we are reading to what we are seeing...maybe we will understand more fully what we are participating in ...
    re: the logistics of it all

------------------
    Bottica
    (Jenouk@hotmail.com)

[This message has been edited by Bottica (edited May 19, 1999).]

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. I think I all of us ET searchers at home send a message to the SETI institute that we want more information available for home users they might do somthing about it. If any one wants to e-mail me I would be happy to communicate with you

8. Booby Guest

Thanks for the replies. I did find the info mentioned above, and now understand a little more about it. Thanks again...

Booby