Children of God, Nazareth of 21st century.

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by draqon, Jun 8, 2009.

1. draqon Banned Banned

*wink*

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

God's chosen people! May the Land of Israel be protected by the holy scriptures of peace and tranquility!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

This by the way are pictures of a Jewish 100% neighborhood of protesters who are against a parking lot be open on saturdays because it is against the scriptures

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

So what?

8. draqon Banned Banned

so nothing

Look at all the quality of life and peace abound. Scriptures surely allow this.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

What makes you think the scriptures are about peace? That's a very modern notion. The bible probably says that Jews who don't follow the laws should be killed.

10. draqon Banned Banned

No it does not. I read the Bible, myself, there is no such thing.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness. (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)

2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

12. draqon Banned Banned

Leviticus wrote this? Exodus? ??? I dont believe it.

13. Xylene Valued Senior Member

More proof (as if it were needed) that religion messes with peoples' heads.

They may as well rename themselves the League of Funny Hats.

14. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Dragon: This by the way are pictures of a Jewish 100% neighborhood of protesters who are against a parking lot be open on saturdays because it is against the scriptures

Hysterically funny. Well done

15. Meursalt Comatose Registered Senior Member

They paved paradise...

16. EntropyAlwaysWins TANSTAAFL. Registered Senior Member

Nice hats, they look warm.

17. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

The police they are rioting against are also Jewish - the rioters are just a fundamentalist minority. Grouping all Jews with them is as stupid as grouping all Christians with those who murder abortion doctors.

http://in.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idINIndia-40134120090606

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So even in Israel Jews cannot follow Jewish laws. What could be more ironic?

19. Meursalt Comatose Registered Senior Member

Always amusing to see a hypocritical question disguised as a rhetorical one.

20. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

No one is forcing them to use the parking lot, but they have to accept that others might. Non-theocratic societies need people to have a "live and let live" attitude to function.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Non-theocratic? Ahh yes, the Jews sans Judaism. I'll take the curlicues who want to keep the parking lot closed on Saturday to the secularists who scream white power and nigger into the camera, thanks

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  22. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

to put up a parking lot ? That song is stuck in my head now..

Or to find an excuse to fight over ?

23. Meursalt Comatose Registered Senior Member

Umm... Joni Mitchell.

I have no idea really. It just started going around my head when someone mentioned parking lots.

Which probably illustrates more than anything else my care factor for whatever religious nutters are complaining about at any given moment in time.